Who would be the worst character to sit the Iron Throne realistically?

LdOfWfll

You are letting your hate for the character getting in the way of your judgement, or else you have a serious problem. Ramsay would be worse than Joffrey and Aerys combined, and Dany would be a hundred times better than him even if you think she's bad.

Never said I hated Dany, just said I'd much prefer to see other characters sitting it. Mine own opinion. But Dany would be a bad ruler, she can't even command.

Never said I hated Dany, just said I'd much prefer to see other characters sitting it. Mine own opinion. But Dany would be a bad ruler, she can't even command.

All right. But you're absolutely wrong if you think Ramsay would do a better job. Your opinion (and mine) are not really relevant to that comparison.

Here are some potential candidates for worst Kings, from the ones that are actually contenders:

-Littlefinger: he doesn't seem to give a shit about anyone but himself and his position (and a bit of love for Sansa). He started a war that set Westeros on fire only to higher his position, and he is far from done.

-Cersei: batshit crazy with no grasp of reality. She sends people to doctor Frankenstein and manipulates lies into truths. Her hatred for the Tyrells would make putting her on the Throne extremely volatile for Westeros. During AFFC she was being played by Varys and probably the Tyrells and Qyburn as well.

-Mace Tyrell: he's just bad at everything. I'm sure he'd find a thousand ways to fuck things up.

-Tommen Baratheon or anyone under the age of 16: he has no bearing on politics and could never grasp the responsibility of being King. This leaves him an easy tool to be manipulated, which certainly qualifies as bad Kingship. Because of his lack of experience, he's more likely to break than bend under pressure, which he'll most certainly get as the King of Westeros.

-Tommen Baratheon or anyone under the age of 16: he has no bearing on politics and could never grasp the responsibility of being King. This leaves him an easy tool to be manipulated, which certainly qualifies as bad Kingship. Because of his lack of experience, he's more likely to break than bend under pressure, which he'll most certainly get as the King of Westeros.

I agree and disagree. There are certain child kings that were great. They need good advisers at first, but can become remarkably good rulers.

Arianne Martell: too short-sighted, ambitious, vindictive and lustful. Diet-Cersei, in short.

Rickon Stark: too fucking wild. Brandon in the making

Diet Cersei is a bit harsh... She has a sense of morality, at least. But yeah, at her AFFC state she'd be an unfit ruler. I hope for a lot of character development there.

People saying Daenaerys and Jon Snow when there are people like Ramsay, Roose, Walder, Randyl Tarly around, seriously, it's ok to no be fond of a character, but, don't be obtuse, were you part of the Seven Kingdoms and you get to choose between lets say: Ramsay, Jon or Dany, who would you seriously pick?

Ramsay for me would be the worst, the mad king would be considered good near this freak.

Archived