Jennifer Ehle

Padraig O'Sullivan

It's been said before but it would be nice and ironic if she were cast as Barbrey Dustin.

That is a fantastic suggestion though! JE would be perfect.

It's been said before but it would be nice and ironic if she were cast as Barbrey Dustin.

I'm 100% certain that Barbrey Dustin will be cut. There's really no reason for her to be on the show, especially with so many other new characters in season 5. She doesn't really do anything that important other than clue the readers on Brandon's womanizing ways, which is important for the Ashara mystery, but that backstory is entirely missing from the show, so it wouldn't mean anything to the audience.

• 1 month later...

Nah, Michelle Fairley was amazing as Catelyn and I know she will nail LS too. It's just a pity they limited her material, she was one of the best actors on the show.

Jennifer Ehle would make an interesting Lady Dustin but I agree with Annara Snow, she will probably be cut.

Michelle is a great actress but her face looks harsh and northern. Jennifer looks more feminine and you can imagine she would be out of place in the North and you can imagine why Littlefinger loved her.

Also, she is an amazing actress and would be a smashing LS as well. She was the perfect Catelyn Stark, our Liz Bennett.

OMG. I forgot about that. That would be great, but I don't think she wants to do GoT. She has been concentrating on the theatre for ages.

And film...

Would have loved to have seen Lizzy Bennett as Cat Stark (much better than Michelle) or Lady Dustin. In fact, the affair with Brandon with JE as Barbary Dustin makes it more believable in my mind.

What the hell is a northern face?

I'm from the north of England. Let’s say it’s a polite way of saying she looks rough and like the angry step-sister. Jennifer Ehle looks refined and lady-like.

Please try and read between the lines. I don’t like being critical about looks. However Michelle doesn’t look like how I pictured Catelynn in the book.

Archived