How far will the ironborn get?

Do people really think Victarion will succeed in making Dany his salt wife? Really?

It is the reason he is out there. A reasonable twist is Victarion or his forces become Daeny's. Let's look at it:

• Vic has the dragon horn Dragonbinder, which can bind a dragon to its owner's will at the cost of the person who uses it. But who owns it? Is it Euron, who found it? Is it a Targaryen construct, that will bind it to Daeny? Is it Victarion's because he has it at the moment?

Say it is owned by Victarion, and he ceases to be mortal. Fulfilling the House of the Undying vision: A corpse standing at the prow of a ship with bright eyes and grey smiling lips. He is reanimated and under the control of the red priest Moqorro, explaining why his dialogue suddenly stops halfway through his POV chapter and is taken up by the narrator with freaky sounds coming from his room and the ship monkeys jumping overboard. Then he can use the horn and survive while binding himself to a dragon, but under the control of Moqorro, who is assumably loyal to Daeny to fulfill the prophecies.

Victarion allies with Daeny to stick it to Euron. Daeny has a dragon rider and the means to sail an army to Westeros, possibly attacking King's Landing

But since this is a topic about the Greyjoys and how much of a role they can play in Westeros geopolitics, let's say Victarion has a dominant role and goes as far as claiming King's Landing for himself/House Greyjoy.

they wont get far on there own. Barring Euron gaining the support of another faction somehow (danaerys is probably his ideal alliance through marriage, but i think its unlikely that he will end up as her husband, and if he does he wont be for long, but then again he does seem to be the kind of guy dany goes for) the furthest they will make it will be taking highgarden (relatively not far in the scale of things) but they may even be stopped at oldtown, i dont know

The thing is, nobody likes them, they are just like the Thenns but maybe even more vicious and kind of disgusting.

So, if they did end up with the throne, it's not like Aegon, who mostly left the common folk alone and resolved issues with the nobles of the realm, this would be total chaos, so it would probably unify everyone against them.

They may make a move on Highgarden, but without a dragon or heavy cavalry they're effed in the A, they wouldn't last a long siege, so they'll probably just maraud along the Mander until something big happens, then they'll either go home or try to be opportunistic. They could finish what Stannis started, and sack King's Landing, if they felt like braving the elements for a longer voyage.

I think Victarion will die in Mereen, (since whatever Moqorro does with that horn, he's NOT gonna be enabling Victarion to enslave the dragons and take Dany captive.)

But Euron...I think Euron will take Oldtown, the Arbor, and Highgarden as well, and then move on...maybe even make it to KL.

I think Victarion will die in Mereen, (since whatever Moqorro does with that horn, he's NOT gonna be enabling Victarion to enslave the dragons and take Dany captive.)

But Euron...I think Euron will take Oldtown, the Arbor, and Highgarden as well, and then move on...maybe even make it to KL.

for the love of all that's holy I hope that doesn't happen. Euron on the Iron Throne is the worst possible scenario.

Do people really think Victarion will succeed in making Dany his salt wife? Really? I'm sure The George could make it work, but it sounds like an awful idea.

How far will they get? Hopefully they'll come to Toronto so I can kick them all in the balls.

I think Victarion will be just as successful as Quentyn Martell

Highly unlikely, IMO, as the Redwyne fleet would oppose him on his way to KL.

I think a failed attempt on Oldtown is as far he will go.

Highly unlikely, IMO, as the Redwyne fleet would oppose him on his way to KL.

I think a failed attempt on Oldtown is as far he will go.

I think you underestimate him by a long shot, then. Euron has been built up to be a force to be reckoned with. Just taking the puny Shields and then failing to take Oldtown would not be satisfactory considering the attention and foreboding GRRM has given him

I actually think Euron will make a bigger splash than Aegon, but that's just a hunch

I think they will take either High Garden or Old Town, and almost take the other but fail in the end.

My bet is on High Tower as I see the Tyrells receiving several severe blows in the next two books. Old Town is also better defended with a population possibly greater than the whole of the Iron Islands, and I get the feeling Sam will help in the coming battle. He has a nack for saving the day with luck and wit after all.

Basically, they get a foot hold, but are stopped as well. A cliffhanger for book 7.

Archived