MLB 2014: Can't You Hear the Thunder?

Myshkin

Being reported that Mike Trout has signed a 6-year extension for $144.5 million.

Seems a bit cheap for him, and a reasonable deal for the team, although that's partly a result of him not being arbitration eligible for the first three-years of the extension. On the plus side for him, he'll be able to get another deal before age 30.

dc is amazing! (not the nats, fuck them) no, i mean the city! (not the government, fuck them) i mean the fact that almost everyone is from somewhere else. tomorrow the streets and trains will be littered with people wearing the caps, jackets and shirts of their favorite teams.

even the guy in the astros hat is currently in the hunt.

opening day makes my cuttlefish happy.

Both starters look real good. More impressed with Cashner though, given the order he's facing.

He was pretty impressive tonight. Wish he could have got some help from his offense. It's just nice to see some baseball again.

He would be...what's better than an "ace," for the Twins? A golden god? The second coming of Koufax?

Ryu seems to have pitched a good game. While I know win-loss is ridiculous as a measure of pitcher ability, I wanted him to get the W

He would be...what's better than an "ace," for the Twins? A golden god? The second coming of Koufax?

Ryu seems to have pitched a good game. While I know win-loss is ridiculous as a measure of pitcher ability, I wanted him to get the W

Yeah, Ryu deserved the W. The Dodger's bullpen is giving the rest of the N.L. West a small sliver of hope. In 3 games they've given up 8 runs on 8 hits with 8 walks in 7 1/3 Innings pitched...

I'm ready for some Braves baseball in a few hours. I just hope our starting rotation can hold it together for a couple of weeks until Minor and Santana can get back.

You and me both. Alex Wood and David Hale will have to grow up in a hurry. Then there's Harang, ugh. I suppose they thought he was better than Freddie Garcia. Ringing endorsement, that. :ack:

A map of every the favorite team of each county according to Facebook. Kind of cool.

I'm sort of surprised at how much of the map of Texas goes with the Rangers over the Astros.

I wonder what sort of barometer they use to determine this. Seems to me much of the Northern California map that is attributed to the Giants should be shared with the A's. You see A's caps everywhere.

Archived