The Walking Dead: Those Who Arrive, Survive (TV & Comics SPOILERS)

Lady Octarina

When they first walked up to the place and there was no one

No guards no sentires no signs of other habitation something started to look very wrong. At first I thought it was some kind of area for deranged medical experiements but you don't feed people first if you are going to that.

And the promos from next week make it pretty obvious that Rick was captured and Carl got away.

How is next week the season finale already?

What if those who arrive, DO survive, but those who get tossed into a car after running away from zombies get eaten by those who arrive?

I was thinking maybe this.... Or maybe Morgan is the driver? (I'm holding on desperately that Beth won't die :p )

Also, if Rick were to ever loss his hand on the show, maybe it would be here? I'm not thinking it likely at all, just remembering that the hunters like to take limbs and keep people alive for "fresh" meat.

Eta: this may be a combination of the game and comic. Just a thought.

It looks like Rick and Co watch a man get taken down by a group of walkers and they walk into some kind of odd room with saints and candles.

That woman is definitely creepy; you simply can't trust someone who plants sunflowers during zombie apocalypse.

I am wondering if they'll just accept that whole thing and not get suspicious; it's not like they had that much luck when dealing with living humans before. I vote for Carol and Tyrese suddenly showing up and rescuing all of those idiots.

And I can't stand Eugene anymore; he was never that good a character, but he is so ridiculous, there's a limit of how much of that you can take. I can't wait for Abraham to beat the sh** out of him once he finds out about the lie.

What if those who arrive, DO survive, but those who get tossed into a car after running away from zombies get eaten by those who arrive?

:rofl:

There is speculation out there that Michonne and Carl have already visited Mary's house. Its the one where Michonne unwrapped the painting to find a woman's face(Mary's?) all marked up and the words NO NO NO writte on it. Same house also has Sunflower paintings on the wall.

There were also bunny paintings.

I didn't understand the point of all the pretty fluffy paintings and then the scary painting of the woman -with red all over it- and wrapped up.

Maybe this will be clarified if that speculation is true.

Also, if Rick were to ever loss his hand on the show, maybe it would be here? I'm not thinking it likely at all, just remembering that the hunters like to take limbs and keep people alive for "fresh" meat.

Kirkman has publicly stated he regrets having Rick lose his hand in the comics, as it puts too many restrictions on the what Rick can do. It also has lead to Adlard fucking up and drawing Rick with a right hand on several occasions, including the last issue. So it's pretty much guaranteed Rick will be keeping his hand in the show.

Kirkman has publicly stated he regrets having Rick lose his hand in the comics, as it puts too many restrictions on the what Rick can do. It also has lead to Adlard fucking up and drawing Rick with a right hand on several occasions, including the last issue. So it's pretty much guaranteed Rick will be keeping his hand in the show.

I knew about the first but never noticed the second. :o

Now I'm getting anxious about the finiale only being an hour and not getting to find out if they all reunite.

Why isn't it Sunday yet!!

I was thinking that those who arrive survive/live-on through those who have eaten them. It fits with the creepy mantra they seem to repeat.

That woman is definitely creepy; you simply can't trust someone who plants sunflowers during zombie apocalypse.

I am wondering if they'll just accept that whole thing and not get suspicious; it's not like they had that much luck when dealing with living humans before. I vote for Carol and Tyrese suddenly showing up and rescuing all of those idiots.

And I can't stand Eugene anymore; he was never that good a character, but he is so ridiculous, there's a limit of how much of that you can take. I can't wait for Abraham to beat the sh** out of him once he finds out about the lie.

:rofl:

I vote for Daryl's biker gang to rescue them. It'd turn over expectations of having the group of misfits be the good guys. or less bad guys.

Eugene really wound me up today as it seems to be the show's half-assed attempt at having a big bang theory geek cred character. That and he seems to be a convenient TV polymath as well.

There was a great self-fulfilling spoiler in the TV thread. Howdy accused the thread's title of being a spoiler because he'd read about the cannibalism over here. To be fair to Howdy - I'm pretty sure this "guess" was originated (possibly outside the forum) by someone reading the comics. trying to look clever. It's inevitable. I'm sure the GOT thread is crawling with the same type of thing. It would be a bit like someone posting "I have a feeling Rick will get his hand cut off in the finale" or "Glenn deserves to get his head caved in by a biker gang".

newest issue spoiler

the page where Dwight shoots Rick in the back with the crossbow, you can see Rick holding his gun with his right hand

Lol fucking Dwight

Wait Dwight's still alive? I thought he died after getting his dick bit off

I was thinking that those who arrive survive/live-on through those who have eaten them. It fits with the creepy mantra they seem to repeat.

I vote for Daryl's biker gang to rescue them. It'd turn over expectations of having the group of misfits be the good guys. or less bad guys.

Eugene really wound me up today as it seems to be the show's half-assed attempt at having a big bang theory geek cred character. That and he seems to be a convenient TV polymath as well.

There was a great self-fulfilling spoiler in the TV thread. Howdy accused the thread's title of being a spoiler because he'd read about the cannibalism over here. To be fair to Howdy - I'm pretty sure this "guess" was originated (possibly outside the forum) by someone reading the comics. trying to look clever. It's inevitable. I'm sure the GOT thread is crawling with the same type of thing. It would be a bit like someone posting "I have a feeling Rick will get his hand cut off in the finale" or "Glenn deserves to get his head caved in by a biker gang".

Re: spoiler

It was discussed openly as a comic spoiler in now closed no comic spoiler thread.

Poster A In the comics...

Poster B I did not read the comics but other internet places suggest...

Poster C If it is, it is a twist on the comics. ..

So yeah, he was right, especially for the new thread creator to title it as they did. I mean, look at how all the thread titles got changed last month after Stubby's post about spoilers in titles.

If all you do is watch the show you should be able to talk and speculate about the show without having the source material openly referenced to ruin it. As has been pointed out, the GoT show threads do it successfully. Anyways.

Re: spoiler

It was discussed openly as a comic spoiler in now closed no comic spoiler thread.

Poster A In the comics...

Poster B I did not read the comics but other internet places suggest...

Poster C If it is, it is a twist on the comics. ..

So yeah, he was right, especially for the new thread creator to title it as they did. I mean, look at how all the thread titles got changed last month after Stubby's post about spoilers in titles.

If all you do is watch the show you should be able to talk and speculate about the show without having the source material openly referenced to ruin it. As has been pointed out, the GoT show threads do it successfully. Anyways.

Ok, that makes more sense as I clearly never saw the closed thread. As it is the new thread only has the discussion of the possibility of Cannabilism until Howdy comes along and says "I know that cannibalism is a thing in the comics because I have been reading the NO COMIC SPOILER threads" which is now a spoiler in itself. I get their intentions are well meant but, as the current thread now appears, they are the ones spoiling stuff. Apologies to Howdy as I'm sure they weren't the first to throw the spoiler out and editing has caused the issue.

But I agree that the scenario mentioned in your post (especially "b") is how I treat a lot of "inspired guesses" with regards to the show.

Nope. He's actually playing a fairly significant part in the current storyline.

Can't even remember the penis incident - I should keep that in mind with regards to his behaviour/whose side he'll be on.

It is more likely, but Carol and Tyrese rescuing them would certainly be more badass :cool4:

It is more likely, but Carol and Tyrese rescuing them would certainly be more badass :cool4:

Yeah, Judge Dredd/Carol would probably shoot Darryl if she thought he'd gone bad. Tyreese still looks too cuddly to be bad-ass but he is handy with a hammer.

About the spoiler in the other thread.... I don't think it's a great leap that terminus could possibly be a cannibal haven. But the show has become so different than the comics at this point, who knows what terminus could be. That's why I said if it is a spoiler it's a twist on the comics - there certainly wasn't a terminus in the comics. I was more hoping that people would realize they are very different. Things that people spoil may never happen in the show. Terminus may be something entirely different (certainly doesn't look like the hunters plot to me - there is no church, no pastor/priest guy/no one bitten that goes to die in the woods - only a creepy woman grilling in a too perfect railroad station thing).

The Mary lady just looks like she's grilling up some mystery meat. That, and we realty haven't seen any wildlife except for a deer and some bunnies. I really don't think it's a big mental jump to wonder what she's cooking.

I will laugh it there is no cannibalism.

Edited for clarity, hopefully.

Archived