ASOIAF Guessing Game XI - Favorite Historical Character - FINAL ROUND

Arya kiddin'

Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to the 11th installment of ASOIAF Guessing game - Most Favorite Historic Character. :) Firstly let's have a look at the results of the previous games.

1. Most Loved Character: Arya Stark
  2. Most Hated Character: Ramsay Snow
  3. Sexiest Character: Jaime Lannister (male) / Arianne Martell (female)
  4. Most Badass Character: Asha Greyjoy
  5. Funniest Character: Dolorous Edd Tollet
  6. Best Death: Ned Stark
  7. Best Actor/Actress: Charles Dance as Tywin Lannister
  8. Character You Most Want to Survive: Arya Stark
  9. Most Dangerous Character: Petyr 'Littlefinger' Baelish
  10. Most Favorite Minor Character: Sandor Clegane

Link to previous game hosted by Evermind

This game is about historic characters, which we take as the characters that lived since the Age of Heroes to the start of A Game of Thrones - right from Brandon the Builder to Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark to the men who died in Pyke during Balon's rebellion. But Waymar Royce or anyone who died after him can not be listed

Since not all the players have read the Dunk n Egg novellas, characters exclusively from them will be excluded from the game. However, if some character from DnE is mentioned in the course of five books as well, you can include it in your list. The same holds true for "The Princess and the Queen" as well.

For now we're including characters from Dunk and Egg. If a participant has any problem with this inclusion, we will take it down. Same for characters in "The Princess and The Queen"

The same holds true for animals - like the dragons Silverwing, Balerion etc.

Characters that are taken dead in the books, as per the five books, will be taken as dead, despite any convincing theory you may have seen on the forums.

Let's review the rules and regulations of the game. :) #Taken mostly from Captain Falcon and Evermind

1. The game begins by you sending me a list of your favorite 20 historic characters. Send in your lists by 17th February 12:00 AM Indian Standard Time.
  2. Let's do a slight change in the ranking process. The character you rank 1 - your absolute favorite character will be given 25 points. After that the characters in the list get 19, 18, 17 points, so on that the character you put down as your no 20 gets 1 point.
  3. In every round you'll be given a hint to identify the character. You can either gamble on a character to obtain 5 points for a correct guess, or you can give three choices in order - and for the correct one you'll be getting three, two or one points respectively. We expect each round to last about 48 hours. :)
  4. You can join in the guessing anytime, doesn't matter if you sent the list on or not. And if you sent it, you don't have to guess if you don't want to, it's totally fine. If I forgot something, let me know, and if you have some objections, write it down here.

Before the game begins, I'll be posting honorable mentions on the first day, after which the game will commence.

Following characters have already been named:

2. Lyanna Stark

3. Ser Arthur Dayne, Sword of the Morning

4. Prince Baelor 'Breakspear' Targaryen

5. Brandon the Builder

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5. Nymeria the Rhoynar Queen

6. King Aegon 'The Unlikely' V Targaryen, 'Egg'

7. Prince Rhaegar Targaryen

8. Brandon Stark

9. Ashara Dayne

10. Ser Lyonel Baratheon, The Laughging Storm

11. Balerion the Black Dread

11. The Good Queen Alysanne Targaryen

12. King Aegon I Targaryen, The Conqueror

13. Visenya Targaryen

14. Ser Oswell Whent

15. Rhaenys Targaryen - The Queen Who Never Was

15. Wenda the White Fawn

16. Durran 'Godsgrief' Durrendon

17. Lord Rickard Stark

18. Prince Daemon Targaryen

19. Elia Martell
20. Lord Commander Ser Gerold Hightower, The White Bull
20. Jaeherys I Targaryen, The Conciliator
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

21. Baela Targaryen
21. Nettles
22. Pricess Mariya Nymeros Martell
23. Night's King
23. Prince Aemon the Dragonknight
24. King Aerys II Targaryen, The Mad King
25. Princess Daena Targaryen, Daena the Defiant
25. Roderick Dustin, Roddy the Ruin

Final round: Guessing Dreamsongs' #1 and overall #1

Deadline: Tuesday, 29th April 2014, 1200 hrs IST

Hint Special Round: Not mentioned in first three books.

Group 1:

1. Azor Ahai

2. Nissa Nissa

3. Lyanna Silverwing Lyanna

Group 2:

1. Dunk Arthur Dayne Dunk

2. Egg Ashara Dayne Egg

3. Rhaegar Alysanne Targaryen Rhaegar

The problem here is that Lyanna, Rhaegar, Dunk, and Egg are all top 5 players.

sigh

edit: I feel like I am sure I'll find one from Nissa Nissa/Azor Ahai. As for Alysanne or her dragon Silverwing, it's unlikely they are one (well, Silverwing is very unlikely, I think Alysanne is a good shot for farther up the list... I just don't think they are considered a pair. But they are fine to put into the third slot in my lists.)

My real problem is the I haven't read TPatQ. I bet the other pair is from there. I put Arthur and Ashara, but no way they are this low either (not to mention they are not thought of as a "pair".) I am going to keep an eye on other's entries and probably steal from them.

Or I could be talking out my ass... who knows.

editX2 - I went back to established "pairs". Cheese and crackers!

Huh...I don't have a single clue :( but fortunately I cannot loose my points.

one of them could be a dragon

1. Vhagar
2. Balerion
3. Sunfyre Lyanna

the other...I don't know. Maybe another dragon, or, maybe not.

1. Ashara Dayne (for the mob)

2. Nissa Nissa (for the mob)
3. Dunk Egg (because if it's one of them, then Egg should be higher or not)

Huh...I don't have a single clue :( but fortunately I cannot loose my points.

3. Dunk (because if it's one of them, then Egg should be higher)

I protest! Dunk should be higher!

Archived