Another Trailer Hits Youtube

Westeros

Just saw that weapons piece on wicnet, and my fears of the fuckup we will get rises. Ygritte seems to survive far too long (I wished they would show that scene in ep 3 but not later) and Tormund fighting Alliser...well I hope Alliser falls and not Tormund. They are really super slow with advancing Jon's story. i also don't like the craster thing they plan.. Why do they expand the stories that are anyway way longer than all the others combined?? They show Jon's arc perhaps to the end of the book but Bran may only have one chapter for the next two seasons.. I hoped they would make the stories a bit quicker and shorten it without cutting too much, but they add stupid stuff into it -.-

We've known the attack from the South and from Beyond the Wall happen concurrently in E9 for months and months now. Where have you been?

^This. I don't know why anyone's still surprised by it.

I was opposed to it at first, but after a lot of thought I actually think it's a great decision: if handled correctly (as it probably will be, if 'Blackwater' is anything to go by) it could be just as epic as the Battle for Helm's Deep in LOTR. One of my most anticipated moments of the new season.

If you're going to devote an entire episode to one setting on this show, there better be a lot going on. Having Castle Black being attacked from both sides guarantees tons of action and much more possibilities for dramatics. And strategically, it's a far more effective tactic than what the Wildlings did in the books.

Unlike Blackwater (which is very much a Helm's Deep structured battle), this has more in the way of stakes because you're going to have characters dying and a definitive end. Blackwater has lots of stuff going on but at the end of the day, it's just a siege that doesn't work and no one important dies while the status quo is returned almost immediately afterwards. This battle will have real stakes and dramatically will be far more effective.

But then they at least should put Jon becoming LC and stuff before it. That is my point about it. Get the story rolling.

I hated it last season this dragging.. Nothing happened at all. It's like being in the waiting room..

So yeah. Even if it is completely different from the story, have some later story elements put forward if they are so crazy about having the battle in the last episodes.

I'm not understanding why moving minor things from the book like the LC election forward is a better solution than Jon going on a rescue mission to Craster's and getting to take out the asshole mutineers.

Unless your argument is simply for the show to burn through all the book material as quickly as it can. Kind of a weird stance to take on this site.

I'm not understanding why moving minor things from the book like the LC election forward is a better solution than Jon going on a rescue mission to Craster's and getting to take out the asshole mutineers.

Unless your argument is simply for the show to burn through all the book material as quickly as it can. Kind of a weird stance to take on this site.

Not what I meant -.-

But I don't want another story stretched out for greed. Keep it real with the material. And if they have to have their battle at the end, have the other stuff previously.

Archived