Does Anyone Appreciate Daenerys as a Villain?

LordStoneheart

Now, before you think my allegiance has shifted, I am 100% a supporter of Daenerys and I do not myself consider her a villain.

However, daily I will see threads about her being a mad Queen, a villain, a psychopath, a slut, and other terms used to vilify her. These are never terms of endearment. I rarely see anyone praising Dany's possible future as the main series "villain" akin to the Others.

I see tons of threads dedicated to the Boltons, not so much Ramsay, but Roose and the family name. I see praise for the Ironborn's reaving culture. I see Tywin praised more than I thought possible for someone as mad as he.

Are there any posters who plain just love the things Daenerys has done, to Mirri Maz Duur, to Slaver's Bay, to the people there, and are anxiously awaiting a bloody and burnt conquest of Westeros? Or is appreciation for bad deeds reserved solely for men?

If you really do consider Dany a villain, and love her for that, tell me all about it.

Now, before you think my allegiance has shifted, I am 100% a supporter of Daenerys and I do not myself consider her a villain.

However, daily I will see threads about her being a mad Queen, a villain, a psychopath, a slut, and other terms used to vilify her. These are never terms of endearment. I rarely see anyone praising Dany's possible future as the main series "villain" akin to the Others.

I see tons of threads dedicated to the Boltons, not so much Ramsay, but Roose and the family name. I see praise for the Ironborn's reaving culture. I see Tywin praised more than I thought possible for someone as mad as he.

Are there any posters who plain just love the things Daenerys has done, to Mirri Maz Duur, to Slaver's Bay, to the people there, and are anxiously awaiting a bloody and burnt conquest of Westeros? Or is appreciation for bad deeds reserved solely for men?

If you really do consider Dany a villain, and love her for that, tell me all about it.

Have you ever wondered which main characters in Westeros shell kill? Ive always seen her killing a Stark.

Shes impressive as a villain, shes killed tens of thousands of people and indirectly has caused the deaths of thousands more but her storyline is in Essos which the place imo is god awful dreadful boring.

When has she killed tens of thousands of individuals? Not to mention she hasn't indirectly caused any more deaths then the majority of the kings in the series.

When has she killed tens of thousands of individuals? Not to mention she hasn't indirectly caused any more deaths then the majority of the kings in the series.

The sacks of Astapor and Mereen, and after she left Astapor a plague broke out then the government broke down and they started killing each other then the Yunkai came along and finished the job and now a plague is ravaging the Yunkai army besieging Mereen which is causing deaths in Mereen all because of good ole Dany.

Meh, she acts like Cersei, but not as entertaining as Cersei.

I consider her potential to be a villain to be astronomical, I've said before that I don't know what what road she's going to take, but if it were a more antagonistic one, which is likely considering the reader has more sympathy for the Westerosi than those basic nobodies from the Free and Slaver Cities I'd think she could be brilliant. She can certainly be cruel, malicious and entitled enough to make a major villain.

I am not the biggest fan of Daenerys, but considering her villain in this story is way off...

What makes you think that? Maybe my man crush for Stannis is clouding my judgement but I definelty see her as a villain because she has steadily gotten crazier.

The sacks of Astapor and Mereen, and after she left Astapor a plague broke out then the government broke down and they started killing each other then the Yunkai came along and finished the job and now a plague is ravaging the Yunkai army besieging Mereen which is causing deaths in Mereen all because of good ole Dany.

Only the sack of Astapor can she be possibly considered directly responsible for, with rest she possibly considered indirectly responsible for.

What makes you think that? Maybe my man crush for Stannis is clouding my judgement but I definelty see her as a villain because she has steadily gotten crazier.

She is no crazier then Stannis.

I would love to have her as villain. I'd appreciate it if she killed the remaining usurper's dogs and takes back her throne. I would love it. Anything to place her on her ancestor's seat.

As long as she wins...let her be the villain.

You can see her as a flawed heroine or as a rather sympathetic villain. I tend to see her as the former, not the latter.

She causes the death of thousands, directly and indirectly. But in that she's no worse than, say, Stannis Baratheon or Robb Stark.

The only deaths Stannis has caused is the ones at the Blackwater which were not many by any means, a few wildlings and ironborn, and his own men on the march in the North.

The problem with being pro-one KIng, doesn't make all the others villains... Simple as that. As much as I am Stark man to the bone, and as much as I find some of her decisions to be rather horrific, I simply think there is a huge discrepancy between what Dany did and what the word villain means

The only deaths Stannis has caused is the ones at the Blackwater which were not many by any means, a few wildlings and ironborn, and his own men on the march in the North.

And of course all the deaths the Tyrell/Lannister alliance inflict as he is indirectly responsible for that occurring.

Even the sack of Mereen? Plus the subsequent massacring of the nobility there?

IIRC, she didn't order the sack of Mereen and 163 is not close to tens of thousands.

The problem with being pro-one KIng, doesn't make all the others villains... Simple as that. As much as I am Stark man to the bone, and as much as I find some of her decisions to be rather horrific, I simply think there is a huge discrepancy between what Dany did and what the word villain means

I dont consider all the other claimants evil, like Aegon.

Archived