3 Dragons - 3 Targaryens

Dragon Seed

Just a thought, Danny has 3 dragons and there appears to be 3 Targaryens remaining. No disputing Danny, many prophecies indicate Jon Snow is the son (bastard) of Rhaegor and Lyanna Stark, and Aegon (young Griff). If this turns out to be the case, does anyone see:

1. Aegon (young Griff) taking the Iron throne

2. Danny, who is also the queen of Meereen and a Khaleesi ruling all of Essos.

3. Jon Snow ruling the North and the lands beyond the wall

Of course, first they would all join forces to defeat the White Walkers and the only way this can be done is with dragons, and the only people that can mount a dragon are people with dragon blood. Danny, Jon, Aegon

Or Cersei...

Can you imagine anything worse than Cersei with a dragon?

And apparently you don't have to be a Targaryen to ride a dragon...so that open a whole lot of possibilities.

I had always used to think that Dany, Jon Snow and Tyrion would be the ones to ride the dragons, but not sure now...

not necessary to be a Targaryen, but I necessary to have some Targ blood.

This qualifies Stannis, Gendry, Mya Stone and Shireen for example.

It may qualify Tyrion, Cersei and Jamie regardless of whether Aerys was their father - likely they have some Plumm ancestry.

It may qualify Arianne or Trystane even if Quentyn did not succeed.

etc.

I haven't read TPatQ, but I read that Nettles wasn't a Targ bastard but she had learned how to tame and ride a dragon. Someone suggested that GRRM did that to illustrate how the Valyrians originally became dragon riders.

Thing is, she was from Dragonstone. It is very hard to prove she had no dragon blood given how widespread it seems to have been there.

The Targaryens weren't the only dragonrider family in Valyria, so theorically any valyrian blood would do (which qualifies a whole lot of people, especially in Essos). Though even the valyrians weren't always dragonriders, but shepherds, so there might be yet some other way to tame a dragon other than "having the blood". Which could potentially qualify just about anyone.

Actually you do have to have some dragon blood to mount a dragon. In "The Princess and the Queen" bastard Targaryen children were recruited to ride dragons. They were called "dragon seed"

Actually Nettles and Addam Velaryon were both implied not to be true dragonseeds, and Hugh Hammer and Ulf the White were never confirmed either. Ulf had the hair, but Nettles certainly didn't have any Targ features, and Addam Velaryon's lineage was hotly debated and it's definitely possible he wasn't a dragonseed at all.

I cant help thinking that the woman with the red Lacquer mask is maybe a targ didnt one survive the DOD nettles or something maybe she's alive maybe not .no clue where the dragon went but that lady is interesting ,she knows spells and can enter Danys dreams and seemingly appear from no where. Idk maybe Danny's crazy and hallucinating but if not there is something weird with quaithe

Jon isn't a bastard or the KG wouldn't have been at the ToJ, their vows would have required them to go to their king Viserys as their name suggests. Their response as to why they weren't on DG with Viserys is "We swore a vow [to protect the king]," would have only made sense if Jon was legitimate. There was precedent for having two wives at the same time. It also would have given Ned less reason to hide Jon as a bastard's claim came even after Robert's, and Jon would have been of little use to either side.

That aside, I don't see Aegon taking the IT given the second Dance of Dragons that has been hinted at both in the text and by GRRM himself. He likely won't survive the Dance. Dany wants to sit the IT, but I don't think she will survive the series. I think it is more likely that Jon will sit the IT, and rule a united realm.

I think Tyrion will ride Viserion, but I don't think Aegon may ride a dragon, but Arianne might.

Tyrion Won't be able to mount a dragon simply because he is a dwarf. The dragons will be huge compared to him and he cannot even ride a horse without a modified saddle... Tyrion will not be riding any dragons unless they make a special saddle and put it on a dragon which won't happen.

Actually you do have to have some dragon blood to mount a dragon. In "The Princess and the Queen" bastard Targaryen children were recruited to ride dragons. They were called "dragon seed"

That Targaryens of that era certainly believed that only people with Targaryen blood could ride one of their dragons. But that they thought this to be true, doesn't necessarily mean that it is true. GRRM has confirmed you do not have to be a Targaryen to be able to ride a dragon, so for now, we are a little bit in the dark about the subject.

I haven't read TPatQ, but I read that Nettles wasn't a Targ bastard but she had learned how to tame and ride a dragon. Someone suggested that GRRM did that to illustrate how the Valyrians originally became dragon riders.

Nettles was a common born girl from the area surrounding Dragonstone. When Queen Rhaenyra offered the chance for Dragonseeds to come and try to claim a dragon, Nettles was one of the people to answer the call. Instead of trying to claim a dragon by force, which was the tactic of many of the other people who tried to claim a dragon, Nettles used a softer approach, winning the trust of the dragon she was aiming for.

Targaryen, the name, applies to people who are trueborn members of house Targaryen. Targ bastards are not Targaryens. Saying someone does not have to be a Targaryen simply means they do not have to be a trueborn member of the royal House. It leaves the question of dragon blood unanswered.

However, it is entirely possible the bond between dragon lord families and dragons was created with sorcery, in which case someone with absolutely no dragon blood family history MAY be able to bond themselves and their descendants to dragons using the same sorcery.

I find it extremely not plausible the the dragon monopoly was held for thousands of years by mere power of suggestion - the blood matters. The question is why? Simple genetics or binding spells?

Targaryen, the name, applies to people who are trueborn members of house Targaryen. Targ bastards are not Targaryens. Saying someone does not have to be a Targaryen simply means they do not have to be a trueborn member of the royal House. It leaves the question of dragon blood unanswered.

However, it is entirely possible the bond between dragon lord families and dragons was created with sorcery, in which case someone with absolutely no dragon blood family history MAY be able to bond themselves and their descendants to dragons using the same sorcery.

I find it extremely not plausible the the dragon monopoly was held for thousands of years by mere power of suggestion - the blood matters. The question is why? Simple genetics or binding spells?

Knowledge is power. They had the knowledge of dragons, they bred them and tamed them. Dragons being completely foreign to Westerosi

Archived