Little Questions That Don't Fit Anywhere Else. Pt 2

iheartseverus

And I think that Jaime and Loras have a scene where Brienne is discussed as well.

In the show as well, or are you talking about the books ? Because I've asked Gran de Lys about this scene and apparently they're mostly talking about how hot their sisters are, and Jaime threatens Loras into not marrying Cersei :rolleyes:

Copying this from the other thread:

I think you're my favorite person in the world right now, Gran de Lys.

I have some questions about Jaime/Brienne/Sansa if you remember/have the time to answer them:

From your answers it doesn't seem like Brienne shares any scenes with Sansa, but do we get any interaction between Jaime and Sansa? Do Brienne and Jaime talk about Sansa/the deal with Catelyn with anyone/each other?

Because I've asked Gran de Lys about this scene and apparently they're mostly talking about how hot their sisters are, and Jaime threatens Loras into not marrying Cersei :rolleyes:

I love Jaime and Loras' interactions in the novels, so I'm very worried that the showrunners will ruin their dynamic. :worried: This scene is a bit strange to me, because why would two knights be discussing their sisters' looks? (I'm going to squirm if Loras talks about fashion again. :bang: ) Of all the things I had imagined these two characters would talk about on the series, that topic certainly wasn't one of them. Although it's possible that HBO's Loras will never join the KG, I was hoping they'd still have some sort of quasi-mentor/protégé relationship, but I'm starting to think that I should prepare myself for disappointment.

Jaime is supposed to be more mature than Loras, so I'm annoyed that his TV counterpart would stoop so low as to be unnecessarly aggressive towards the young man, who he knows is gay and obviously wants nothing to do with Cersei. Moreover, it was Tywin who arranged the marriage, so what the hell is Jaime trying to accomplish by bullying Loras, who can now very easily defeat the Kingslayer in a duel since the Knight of Flowers still has both of his hands? I guess the writers like the idea of Jaime threatening Loras in ASoS, but since the latter doesn't blame Brienne for Renly's death on the show, they decided that being Cersei's fiancé against his will would be a good enough excuse. :rolleyes:

^Just keep in mind that GrrM wrote the scene you're talking about. And I think his threat may be the one he gave in the book about shoving his sword "somewhere Renly never found." According to the leaked call sheet "Loras engages with Jaime and is less than cordial", so I think Loras will antagonize him first anyways.

^Just keep in mind that GrrM wrote the scene you're talking about. And I think his threat may be the one he gave in the book about shoving his sword "somewhere Renly never found." According to the leaked call sheet "Loras engages with Jaime and is less than cordial", so I think Loras will antagonize him first anyways.

Yes but about what ? We'll see what tricks GRRM has pulled off, but it just seems like their interaction is going to be Jaime being an ass and Loras a gay joke, instead of Jaime defending Brienne's honor and skills, and Loras mourning Renly and appearing as a younger Jaime.

Yes but about what ? We'll see what tricks GRRM has pulled off, but it just seems like their interaction is going to be Jaime being an ass and Loras a gay joke, instead of Jaime defending Brienne's honor and skills, and Loras mourning Renly and appearing as a younger Jaime.

Show!Renly has been turned into a bit of a joke tbh, so anything he had in common with Jaime is pretty much gone. grrm might write their scenes, yet he can't suddenly change what they did with Loras for 3 seasons, so I have no hopes for this scene to be particularly anything. It's funny (spoiler from the episode)

that Jaime would threaten him about marrying Cersei, as if poor Loras would even want to. Loras should beg Jaime to get him out of it, in fact :lol:

Well we know already that Tommen will be in the PW episode because there's been plenty of glimpses of him sitting alongside the other characters at both the breakfast and the feast. He's also discernible in some of the shots from the sept that were in the trailers. He'll be there.

As for the Jaime business, for all we know Loras will antagonize him about Brienne. Finn Jones recently said at the red carpet for GoT S4's premiere that he and Jaime have a similar plight in that they both are put into positions by their family that they don't want to be in, so maybe they will grow to be more respectful to one another. Though I'm not even sure the show will make him a Kingsguard at this point. Maybe Loras will antagonize Jaime for being a cripple and no longer being as good a fighter. Or maybe he'll remind him that he beat him jousting even when Jaime did have a hand. There're plenty of possibilities.

Well we know already that Tommen will be in the PW episode because there's been plenty of glimpses of him sitting alongside the other characters at both the breakfast and the feast. He's also discernible in some of the shots from the sept that were in the trailers. He'll be there.

As for the Jaime business, for all we know Loras will antagonize him about Brienne. Finn Jones recently said at the red carpet for GoT S4's premiere that he and Jaime have a similar plight in that they both are put into positions by their family that they don't want to be in, so maybe they will grow to be more respectful to one another. Though I'm not even sure the show will make him a Kingsguard at this point. Maybe Loras will antagonize Jaime for being a cripple and no longer being as good a fighter. Or maybe he'll remind him that he beat him jousting even when Jaime did have a hand. There're plenty of possibilities.

What do you mean? you've read the spoilers,

and we know he won't. It's about Cersei.

SeventySeven, we read that that's what they "bond" over but from the leaked call sheet we know that it starts of by Loras antagonizing Jaime.

Le Cygne, they do shuffle things around but mostly smaller scenes not parts of a big sequence like the PW that they likely planned to be in ep. 2 prior to the episodes being written. Also GrrM has talked about S4 having "another wedding" and has generally been talking up the PW which we know is his episode. It is possible that D and D wrote some scenes and put them into George's episode (like the Bronn and Hound brothel scenario in Blackwater) but its not as though the PW sequence was written for another episode and was only shifted to ep. 2 in post-production. If indeed the wedding takes up half of the episode (or at least a large portion of the episode) then there's no way it wasn't supposed to be placed where it is in the season.

Archived