Little Questions That Don't Fit Anywhere Else. Pt 2

iheartseverus

So in season 1 we have first builder Othell Yarwyck played by Dennis McKeever and first steward Bowen Marsh played by Brian Fortune. Then in season 2 and 3 we can see Dennis McKeever going north of the wall. Then in season 4 we can see Brian Fortune playing Othell Yarwyck. My question is: WHY??? Am I the only one who is really bothered by these constant recasts? Will we see Dennis McKeever in season 5 playing Bowen Marsh, or Bowen Marsh will still be played by Brian Fortune alongside with Othell Yarwyck?

Know the episode directors for season 5, but with production in earnist no mention of who is writing what. We know GRRM is not writing an episode and D&D are not directing. Seems to imply , maybe, that D&D will write 8 episodes and Dave Hill and Bryan Cogman will write 1 apiece?

So in season 1 we have first builder Othell Yarwyck played by Dennis McKeever and first steward Bowen Marsh played by Brian Fortune. Then in season 2 and 3 we can see Dennis McKeever going north of the wall. Then in season 4 we can see Brian Fortune playing Othell Yarwyck. My question is: WHY??? Am I the only one who is really bothered by these constant recasts? Will we see Dennis McKeever in season 5 playing Bowen Marsh, or Bowen Marsh will still be played by Brian Fortune alongside with Othell Yarwyck?

It does make it harder than it needs to be to follow.

What was the point in casting Fat Walda already? She had like five seconds of screen time so far. I hope that she and the Boltons in general will have a bigger role to play in the upcoming season but if so, wouldn't it make more sense to cast her for season 6 and only to mention her in season 5?

Ramsay's creepy-sweet greeting to Walda was totally worth it.

Fat Walda seems to be the only Frey in the north in the show, which I expect will be important in season 5. No other Frey has been shown or mentioned going North. Since the show is using the character, is nice that they took the time to introduce her in season 4 rather than having her pop up out of nowhere later on.

Spoiler
I suspect Fat Walda will merge with Little Walder in season 5, and will be killed to kick off the battle of Winterfell.

Why wasn't Emilia Clarke in Comic-con ? :bawl: :crying:

Well no Peter either , or Lena, but I think this was the biggest they have ever had, which in less than hour kind of works agains panels that size.

I think everybody has fun, but I do wonder if some actors get a wee bit tired of it.

For some, like Rose , Maisie and John Bradley seem to just eat stuff like this up. I think this is Nikolaj's

fourth time so a little surprised to see him there.

George will always be there.

Good to see new faces Gwendoline, Rory and Maisie in particular.

Wondered if would see Benioff and Weiss there just because of time, even tho they have thick skins thought they

like to avoid some difficult questions but pushed back on one , and one went down the drain.

• 4 weeks later...

I'd forgotten that Kevan Lannister has already appeared in the show, do you think they'll keep the same actor for him, and for Lancel...

I thought Lancel was a creapy looking, effeminate type dude from the scenes with Robert Baratheon (fetch the breast plate stretcher!!) but I've just watched a scene with him and Tyrion (discussing wildfire in King's Landing) and he's actually a good actor, and looks pretty cool without the weird hair from Season 1. I hope they keep them both and we've had too many recastings already !

just realised there isn't really a question in any of that text that can accurately be answered .. lol

I just had a random question I had after finishing a rewatch of GoT Season 3 and then accidentally catching a scene from a movie I hadn't seen in over a decade.

Is this David Bradley?

http://imgur.com/SbX2gnF

It's from Shanghai Noon. The characters appears for about 3 seconds, but that face is pretty distinctive. He's not in the credits and IMDB doesn't have him in the movie, but that's not unusual for a 'cameo' or extra.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ramsay's creepy-sweet greeting to Walda was totally worth it.

Fat Walda seems to be the only Frey in the north in the show, which I expect will be important in season 5. No other Frey has been shown or mentioned going North. Since the show is using the character, is nice that they took the time to introduce her in season 4 rather than having her pop up out of nowhere later on.

Spoiler
I suspect Fat Walda will merge with Little Walder in season 5, and will be killed to kick off the battle of Winterfell.

Good points. Thanks for answering.

• 3 weeks later...

I swear by Sun and Spear and Seven this is a serious question:

How many penises have we seen on GoT?

I remember seeing Theon's in the first season, and Hodor in the same. I'm sure there've been more.

I'd actually be quite interested in the answer to that, if anyone knows. Strangely it will relate to the thesis chapter that I'm working on right now.

My question is, have the season 5 episode titles been released yet? I'm guessing not, but I'm trying to work out when a certain character's walk may be.

No they haven't. Iirc they are usuaply released a month or so before the premiere.

In answer to part 2 of your question, over at the S5 casting thread its been deduced that it is either E9 or E10 I think, based on the Director and various leaked photos. However, word of warning, I could he confusing this with a different scene. I don't think I am, but a warning just in case. The thread in question is in the Casting sub-forum of General(GoT)

I don't know where else to ask this, but what happened to the Blackfish? In the show, he was at the Red Wedding but disappeared somehow. There has been no word of him since then, right?

(I'm just confused why they had him go to the Red Wedding in the first place if he was going to escape anyway. Couldn't he have just stayed at Riverrun until they decided to include his character, assuming he's not cut from the series's trajectory?)

Archived