Four Reasons why Roose Bolton is better than Daenerys

Roose: Hangs people decent
Daenerys: Burns people alive and tortures them.
Roose: A peaceful land, a quiet people

Daenerys: Doesn't care about casualties and war as long as she fulfills her whims and wishes.

Roose: Frees the North of savage Ironborn invaders
Daenerys: Will bring the savages such as Dothraki's to Westeros
Roose: Refuses to become a kinslayer, spares his bastard's life even though he killed his trueborn son
Daenerys: Watches her brother die and later comments on it that, "He was no dragon". So sadistic.

Give me your reason why you think Roose Bolton is better than Daenerys.

Butthurt thread is butthurt.

Why am I not surprised that you could only come up with four reasons, while Stannis started out with five checks against him? Clearly the moral hierarchy goes like this:

Roose (decent guy)

Daenerys (troubled troubadour)

Stannis (evil villain)

Butthurt thread is butthurt.

Why am I not surprised that you could only come up with four reasons, while Stannis started out with five checks against him? Clearly the moral hierarchy goes like this:

Roose (decent guy)

Daenerys (troubled troubadour)

Stannis (evil villain)

If i came up with five it would be completely a mirror thread. Hence this is only partly a mirror thread. I am clearly not butthurt, but it seems you are and if people actually think that Roose is better than Stannis, then why not better than Dany, after all Dany and Stannis are both morally grey.

If i came up with five it would be completely a mirror thread. Hence this is only partly a mirror thread. I am clearly not butthurt, but it seems you are and if people actually think that Roose is better than Stannis, then why not better than Dany, after all Dany and Stannis are both morally grey.

Stannis and Daenerys actually would be a good couple. They could break ultimatums at day and fry up people at night, talk about their birthrights while the common men fight their wars. Peaceful land and quiet people their ass.

Daenerys: Will bring the savages such as Dothraki's to Westeros

Daenerys: Frees the slaves of 'slave cities' then says "oh wait I don't actually know what I'm doing or how it will impact the remains I leave behind or the entire economy of Essos and how the cities will turn into riotous wastelands of violence and nevermind once I actually leave Essos it will be way better off without me than when I was here because some places just can't fit into my fantasy tale views on the world and bend to my whims and wishes and birthright and Westeros is my next victim i will burn to the ground and debilitate utterly and oh i have dragons and a million titles but im just a stupid little girl who knows nothing about anything"

Daenerys: Frees the slaves of 'slave cities' then says "oh wait I don't actually know what I'm doing or how it will impact the remains I leave behind or the entire economy of Essos and how the cities will turn into riotous wastelands of violence and nevermind once I actually leave Essos it will be way better off without me than when I was here because some places just can't fit into my fantasy tale views on the world and bend to my whims and wishes and birthright and Westeros is my next victim i will burn to the ground and debilitate utterly and oh i have dragons and a million titles but im just a stupid little girl who knows nothing about anything"

Good point.

Stannis and Daenerys actually would be a good couple. They could break ultimatums at day and fry up people at night, talk about their birthrights while the common men fight their wars. Peaceful land and quiet people their ass.

Stannis and Daenerys are basically the same person though. Self-righteous autocrats with supernatural powers who start out seeking the Iron Throne but then get sidetracked by B-plots. Heck, they're both about to wage an epic battle with 2-dimensional baby-eating supervillain (anyone who thinks that Roose Bolton has more depth and nuance than the average Yunkish slaver should reread book 5). The fact that they're both cousins should be enough of a reason for them to get married at least according to twisted Targaryen logic.

Okay, I guess this is only fair. Except that the priginal thread was not, as far as I can tell, started by a Dany fan, so not sure why it had to be interpreted as Dany vs. Stannis, but anyhow:

1. Dany is the blood of the dragon. But Roose, on the other hand is completely human and has never claimed otherwise.

2. Roose is a family man with a grown son. Dany has no children and may never have any.

3. Roose has never slept with Daario Naharis. He probably won't be seduced by him and his blue eyes in the future either.

4. Roose has badass lines like "Don't make me rue the day I raped your mother."

Archived