Four Reasons why Roose Bolton is better than Daenerys

Whatever you may say about Roose, he thinks about the consequences his actions might have on his people. Stannis and Daenerys are just like >muh birthright

Looks like you are agreeing with this thread.

Curious though as to how you define 'his people'. Do you mean the people of the North in general or only the Bolton men? Clearly he values one far more than the other, or values one and the other not at all.

Okay, I guess this is only fair. Except that the priginal thread was not, as far as I can tell, started by a Dany fan, so not sure why it had to be interpreted as Dany vs. Stannis, but anyhow.

The only reason for making it Dany Vs Stannis is because they are the most controversial characters, atleast on the forums.

1. Dany is the blood of the dragon. But Roose, on the other hand is completely human and has never claimed otherwise.

2. Roose is a family man with a grown son. Dany has no children and may never have any.

3. Roose has never slept with Daario Naharis. He probably won't be seduced by him and his blue eyes in the future either.

4. Roose has badass lines like "Don't make me rue the day I raped your mother."

All four brilliant points.

• 2 weeks later...

Roose: Hangs people decent
Daenerys: Burns people alive and tortures them.
Roose: A peaceful land, a quiet people

Daenerys: Doesn't care about casualties and war as long as she fulfills her whims and wishes.

Roose: Frees the North of savage Ironborn invaders
Daenerys: Will bring the savages such as Dothraki's to Westeros
Roose: Refuses to become a kinslayer, spares his bastard's life even though he killed his trueborn son
Daenerys: Watches her brother die and later comments on it that, "He was no dragon". So sadistic.

Give me your reason why you think Roose Bolton is better than Daenerys.

:thumbsup:

Roose: Gets shit done and gets what he wants

Danaerys: Too busy having anal for 5 books to go to Westeros

Your best point in making Dany out to be evil is her just saying "He was no true dragon", very evil and sadistic imo, just letting her brother die like that, he was evil but blood is blood, sometimes the only thing you have and can rely on in this world.

Your best point in making Dany out to be evil is her just saying "He was no true dragon", very evil and sadistic imo, just letting her brother die like that, he was evil but blood is blood, sometimes the only thing you have and can rely on in this world.

That's a silly point, and it's worst from a Stannis fan. Stannis killed Renly, due to their own set of reasons. Viserys threatened to kill Dany. Why should she stop it? She couldn't. Stannis was an active participant in his brother's demise. That's just a moot point. Honestly, most of the times I don't understand the rivalry. I prefer Stannis over Dany, but that's not a reason for me to hate her.

Yup, blood is blood, I suppose Dany should have just let Viserys cut both of their own blood out of her womb? Makes perfect sense.

That's a silly point, and it's worst from a Stannis fan. Stannis killed Renly, due to their own set of reasons. Viserys threatened to kill Dany. Why should she stop it? She couldn't. Stannis was an active participant in his brother's demise. That's just a moot point. Honestly, most of the times I don't understand the rivalry. I prefer Stannis over Dany, but that's not a reason for me to hate her.

I don't get it either, which is why......I already wish I hadn't opened this thread, LOL

I like them both, and well, I appreciate the hell out of Roose. I must be effed up somehow, or haven't read the books correctly?

Daenerys has dragons that can take the world at any moment and an army of the best soldiers in the world. Roose has only won battles on trickery and deceit.

Daenerys has gone from having nothing but some dragon eggs and a forced marriage to conquering most of a continent. Roose started with his own armies and castle and has only gotten Winterfell.

Daenerys walks into a bonfire and comes out like it's a hot bath. Roose can't even take his own leeches off without a servant girl.

Daenerys plans to take on the Lannisters, the Starks, and any Westerosi house that gets in her way. Roose hides in the shadows of feigned allegiances and pisses his breeches at the prospect of taking on Tywin Lannister.

If they marry, this board will explode.

Please GRRM let this happen, and I will never chide him for taking forever writing a book again.

Just for the trolls, of course.

"And may these two factions of reverent fans be joined together forever, in sight of gods and men...."

Roose: Ends dissent quickly by sending the Manderly/Frey forces out to battle.

Dany: Refuses Xaro's gift to get the hell out of Essos already, thus provoking a war.

Roose: Honors his marriage pacts.

Dany: Gets her first husband killed and her current one is arrested.

Roose: Realizes the position he's in.

Dany: Foolishly thinks Westeros will hail her as a savior.

Roose: Has a certain cunning about him.

Dany: Would not have survived A Clash of Kings without her dragons.

Archived