Notable Releases
From the Store
Game of Thrones Dragon Egg [Gold]
Game of Thrones Dragon Egg [Gold]
HBO US
Featured Sites
License Holders

Photo

The Walking Dead Season 4: "We'll make you a plate" (No comics spoilers)

342 replies to this topic

#1 MisterOJ

MisterOJ

Council Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,986 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 08:08 AM

Time for a new thread ladies and gents.

Yes, Terminus was creepy. Will they be serving fried green tomatoes with that delicious looking barbecue?

More importantly, do you think Rick, Carl and Michonne will find the rest of the group there next episode? I have a feeling that Rick's group will meet up with Darryl and the "claimed" crowd and not make it to Terminus next episode. And that the Terminus group will just deal with whatever creepiness is going on there by themselves.

Edited by MisterOJ, 25 March 2014 - 07:27 AM.

#2 paddington

paddington

Council Member

• Members
  • 1,993 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 08:23 AM

Maybe they are not eating living people.  Zombie bbq, it doesn't seem like zombies are decaying like you would expect.  The amount zombie gore everyone has been coated in, doesn't seem to be much in the way of diease.  you would think getting that close to them, that it would be tricky not swallowing some zombie blood/matter.  Or eating some from unclean hands, splashing up your nose and eyes.

There is also plenty of them, them come to you.  Get someone you don't like try first, and don't eat it rare.

#3 Kobayashi Maru

Kobayashi Maru

Devil Made Me Do IT

• Members
  • 2,577 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 08:49 AM

Time for a new thread ladies and gents.

Yes, Terminus was creepy. Will they be serving fried green tomatoes with that delicious looking barbecue?

More importantly, do you think Rick, Carl and Michonne will find the rest of the group there next episode? I have a feeling that Rick's group will meet up with Darryl and the "claimed" crowd and not make it to Terminus next episode. And that the Terminus group will just deal with whatever creepiness is going on there by themselves.

I was waiting for Daryl's new group to come across whoever took Beth and one of those creeps to point at Beth and say "claimed" <shivers>

I think Rick will be the last to come there just in time to witness all hell breaking loose.

#4 Commodore

Commodore

bitcoin fanatic

• Members
  • 7,305 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 09:05 AM

Other than that, it was an incredibly slow and boring episode. AMC needs to hire some competent script-writers to get away with these slow-paced episodes. 

The show does so many things well that make it still worth watching (the effects are without peer, the world building and set pieces are first rate, plenty of talented character actors). But the scripts and overall story arc are uninspired.

#5 red snow

red snow

Prince of Procrastination

• Members
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 09:06 AM

Glenn - what a dick.

He's just leapt to the top of my "if someone has to die this season let it be him". Although the burning of the photo suggests Maggie is more likely to end.

#6 Kobayashi Maru

Kobayashi Maru

Devil Made Me Do IT

• Members
  • 2,577 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 10:28 AM

So here is my desperate theory on Beth:
Morgan is the driver of the mystery mobile. I'm hoping beyond hope.

I thought it looked from the sneaky peak that Rick was cuffed in the train car but I guess not. I'm wondering if he have himself up to save Carl/Michonne? And at some point do they bump into the other groups to warn them?

Welcome to the new thread Lady O :)

#7 Kobayashi Maru

Kobayashi Maru

Devil Made Me Do IT

• Members
  • 2,577 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 12:14 PM

The other thread has reached a maximum. I would like to remind you guys once again to use this thread when discussing anything about the comics.

http://asoiaf.wester...=+walking +dead

I have really enjoyed the second half of this season. I think that a couple of episodes were among the strongest in the entire series. I loved the Beth/Daryl episode, and Carol with the girls will stay with me forever.

The one thing that I just can't grasp is why the Washington DC "mission" hasn't been firmly questioned yet? with the way team Eugene keeps pushing it to everyone they encounter, I can't fathom why no one has pushed to find even a small bit of validity in the idea. It compounds as more people are introduced to the idea. So far, this is the only writing failure that I have noticed in this season and I hope that the payoff is worth the wait.

Welcome to the thread that was already there.

#8 red snow

red snow

Prince of Procrastination

• Members
  • 8,169 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 12:35 PM

It's "lost" character igonorance. The show doesn't want to tell us what the cure/cause is so they conveniently don't have anyone ask. I think most people would say "how?" and an answer of "it's too complicated" would result in most folk saying "simplify it".

Glenn was too busy being a dick and we have to assume Abraham is a loyal grunt who likes orders not answers. Bob as, a field medic should at least be asking questions now. I wouldn't be marching to DC without some kind of lead,

#9 Lady Olenna

Lady Olenna

LYING?

• Members
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 12:36 PM

Welcome to the new thread Lady O :)

Thank you :D

I tend to think all threads have a 1,000 posts and 1 :lol:

#10 awesome possum

awesome possum

naturally

• Members
  • 10,467 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 12:37 PM

First episode this season I felt was rather "blah."

#11 paddington

paddington

Council Member

• Members
  • 1,993 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 12:41 PM

I am sure Glenn asked about the cure, and Eugune said it was classified.

#12 First of My Name

First of My Name

Spamperial Ambassador to the World of Ensekyrai

• Members
  • 1,247 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 12:43 PM

First episode this season I felt was rather "blah."

A bit, yes, but I think it was also interesting to watch how Carl and Michonne with their worst fear coming true (being alone).

I have a theory on Terminus, btw (spoilers!)

Spoiler

#13 Howdyphillip

Howdyphillip

Filled with Hate

• Members
  • 6,542 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 12:49 PM

Welcome to the thread that was already there.

Yup... I missed it... thank you for reposting the rules about not discussing comics and providing the link to the other thread though...

Yes, Glen briefly asked about Eugene's reasoning and was given a completely unsatisfying answer. The limit of credibility on how they keep stretching this out without an explanation to anyone has been stretched to breaking at this point.

Edited by Howdyphillip, 24 March 2014 - 12:52 PM.

#14 Kobayashi Maru

Kobayashi Maru

Devil Made Me Do IT

• Members
  • 2,577 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 01:25 PM

I am sure Glenn asked about the cure, and Eugune said it was classified.

Yes, Glen briefly asked about Eugene's reasoning and was given a completely unsatisfying answer. The limit of credibility on how they keep stretching this out without an explanation to anyone has been stretched to breaking at this point.

I agree. Do we have to take his word for it? Why? I mean we should follow this guy across zombie infested country and be satisfied with it's classified...Someone must ask some questions.

BTW the trailer for the next week episode

Spoiler

Edited by Kobayashi Maru, 24 March 2014 - 01:43 PM.

#15 Mother of Mini Dragons

Mother of Mini Dragons

Noble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 02:32 PM

This episode was generally just too happy, which along with the creepiness factor of Terminus, just has me certain it's going to be a bad one. The Fall season finale was so intense and I'm sure they are going to try to up the ante for this one. Dying to know what happened to Beth.

#16 Howdyphillip

Howdyphillip

Filled with Hate

• Members
  • 6,542 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 06:22 PM

Just a quick point...

There has been nothing about cannibalism in the show thus far connected to Terminus. I know that cannibalism is a thing in the comics because I have been reading the NO COMIC SPOILER threads. Which quite frankly is bullshit unto itself.

This thread title in the NO COMIC SPOILER thread is itself a comic spoiler. Can we please change this, and then stop spoiling the show? I have been a follower of this thread from the beginning and every year major plot lines are spoiled by people and it is really not cool

Edited by Howdyphillip, 24 March 2014 - 11:07 PM.

#17 Mad King Pounce

Mad King Pounce

Freerider

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 10:17 PM

So I found the New Zealand trailer for next weeks finale. Holy crap, I though it shows a lot more then the one I saw last night, any thoughts?

ETA: I guess in terms of what happens to Rick's & Daryl's group, there wasn't much shown on anyone else.

Edited by Mad King Pounce, 24 March 2014 - 10:20 PM.

#18 Brandon Stark

Brandon Stark

The Pack Survives

• Members
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 10:36 PM

Just a quick point...

There has been nothing about cannibalism in the show thus far connected to Terminus. I know that cannibalism is a thing in the comics because I have been reading the NO COMIC SPOILER threads. Which Quite frankly is bullshit unto itself.

This thread title in the NO COMIC SPOILER thread is itself a comic spoiler. Can we please change this, and then stop spoiling the show? I have been a follower of this thread from the beginning and every year major plot lines are spoiled by people and it is really not cool

I can't vouch for previous spoilery behavior, but I think there are plenty of contextual clues that would lead a viewer to believe that something could be very wrong in Terminus, and that something might have to do with their dietary habits. 

-The generally ominous signs leading people to Terminus in a show where everything promising has turned to shit. It only got worse when they arrived: nobody with good intentions and a grip on reality is that inviting in this world.

-Speaking of signs, I'd argue that Maggie's resorting to writing messages to Glenn in blood is pretty strong foreshadowing. 

-It appeared to me that they're growing flowers primarily, if not exclusively. Who has the luxury of decorative plants in the zombie apocalypse?

-The lingering shot of the smoking barbecue.

-The (a bit forced) "We'll make you a plate," line.

The above, combined with what I'd consider a strong presence of cannibalism in post-apocalyptic stories of all types, seems to add up without influence from the books. 

Edited by Brandon Stark, 24 March 2014 - 10:54 PM.

#19 Dr. Pepper

Dr. Pepper

ice queen

• Members
  • 6,329 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 10:41 PM

Just a quick point...

There has been nothing about cannibalism in the show thus far connected to Terminus. I know that cannibalism is a thing in the comics because I have been reading the NO COMIC SPOILER threads. Which Quite frankly is bullshit unto itself.

I followed these threads for quite some time before I started participating.  Barring the very few explicit spoilers, it's pretty difficult to differentiate speculation from potential spoiler.  I only ever worried that I was being spoiled because someone would come in and suggest that something was a potential spoiler.  This is what made me finally start reading the comics.  I was pleased to discover that it's nearly impossible for one who has read the comics to actually spoiler the show because they are both fairly different. 

Cannibalism seems to be pretty popular speculation regarding Terminus even for those who haven't read the comics, and honestly, it's a fairly logical theory to have.  Anyone even vaguely familiar with this genre would be immediately wary of a radio broadcast suggesting some special lovely sanctuary and would also know that cannibalism is a frequent theme in post-ap or zombie media.  They are literally being herded to a place called Terminus, the end of the line.  No one in my social group has read the comics and sinister theories were tossed out any time we discussed the show, with cannibalism being high up on the list.  The last scene of the episode seems to firm that speculation up even more. 

Considering all that we've seen - the herding of people to a single location called Terminus, radio broadcasts promising a paradise, an incredibly creepy unmanned gated entrance and a woman who practically screams psycho bbq-ing up something mysterious - the thread title seems pretty relevant even for someone completely unfamiliar with the comics or zombie/post-ap media in general.  The thread title isn't even spoilery for someone who hasn't seen the latest episode because it's a line that has pretty broad meanings.  "Candy wrapper on train tracks" would actually be spoilery. 

ETA: :ninja: 'd by Brandon Stark

Edited by Dr. Pepper, 24 March 2014 - 10:55 PM.

#20 Wise Fool

Wise Fool

gets the hose again

• Members
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 10:46 PM

Okay, so it's cannibalism, is what you're saying.

Reply to this topic