Walking Dead Season 5 (No Comic Spoilers)

Howdyphillip

Agreed.

I think Carol may need to take some time to reflect on her readiness to do what needs to be done to survive. Not that I question any of the choices she's made so far. But I think she saw a little too much of herself in Mary at Terminus. If it ever came to a point that eating people was something that needed to be done to survive, would she be willing to do that? Or worse, actually corral people for slaughter? I mean, predatory cannibalism is pretty far along on the desperate survival recourse continuum, but it is there.

I think the Bob, "tainted Meat" thing was great, but it took them 4 years to let 2 Black men on the cast, and as soon as they get a 3rd 1 had to die? Really?

For the record, I am a White Southerner ( from real Red neck stock) and I think in this day and age, that you get a new black character, you kill off one you have is really stupid.

ETA: Post 3,500 :cheers:

I think the Bob, "tainted Meat" thing was great, but it took them 4 years to let 2 Black men on the cast, and as soon as they get a 3rd 1 had to die? Really?

For the record, I am a White Southerner ( from real Red neck stock) and I think in this day and age, that you get a new black character, you kill off one you have is really stupid.

ETA: Post 3,500 :cheers:

Why should that even matter? Why bring race into it?

I'm surprised how quickly the show wrapped up the cannibal storyline. I fully expected it to go on until the mid-season finale, cause this is The Walking Dead after all, not exactly known for getting through things quickly. That said I liked how it concluded (I especially loved the disgusted looks on Glenn, Tara and Tyresse's faces. I felt the same way). I'm looking forward to Beth's episode.

Another thing thats bugging me about Eugene. Why Washington D.C?

Would the top scientists in biological/chemical weapons research be in the captial, surely they would be closer to the development sites for those things. Which logically would be in the middle of nowhere. I'd guess maybe as advisors or something, but to create the wonder-cure Eugene going to need access to the weapons, which only the truly incompetent would store near the captial city.

In the UK i'd be heading to Porton Down (as much middile of nowhere as anyplace in the UK), not london. Surely the US has similar places.

Would the top scientists in biological/chemical weapons research be in the captial, surely they would be closer to the development sites for those things. Which logically would be in the middle of nowhere. I'd guess maybe as advisors or something, but to create the wonder-cure Eugene going to need access to the weapons, which only the truly incompetent would store near the captial city.

In the UK i'd be heading to Porton Down (as much middile of nowhere as anyplace in the UK), not london. Surely the US has similar places.

Because of course politicians would approve the existence of the survival bunker in a convenient location so that they could use it to save their own skins.

Because of course politicians would approve the existence of the survival bunker in a convenient location so that they could use it to save their own skins.

Oh yeah no doubt about that, so heading to D.C makes sense if you want a bunker to survive in, or whats most like told to go away by the people already living in the bunker.

It makes no sense if you want to create a super weapon to kill off zombies.

Oh yeah no doubt about that, so heading to D.C makes sense if you want a bunker to survive in, or whats most like told to go away by the people already living in the bunker.

It makes no sense if you want to create a super weapon to kill off zombies.

Why? The CDC is right in Atlanta. The Canadian version of the CDC is in downtown Toronto. Why couldn't there be such a facility in the vicinity of DC?

You wouldn't have a bio weapon lab in the capital for the same reason you don't have a nuclear weapons cache in the capital. The capital is already a target. You don't want to lose multiple assets.

This is a bit like asking why the CIA headquarters is in the capital...when actually it's not literally IN the capital but just relatively nearby. Perhaps it's the same for the bioweapon centre?

We do have sites inside and close to London which could perform a similar function, eg Colindale in north London (centre for infection/surveillance for the UK) or places like Pirbright in Surrey (institute of animal health, basically global surveillance of animal viruses). So, yeah, I think it's a realistic enough idea.

With the whole US to work with, why stay in Georgia the whole time? I think a northern, more urban setting could be a cool place for the show to go to.

With the whole US to work with, why stay in Georgia the whole time? I think a northern, more urban setting could be a cool place for the show to go to.

I'm interested in it because I did a lot of my growing up in the southern part of Virginia and if they spend a lot of time on the journey to DC then they are going to be in Virginia for some of it. Makes me curious to see how it gets portrayed. There's always a chance though that they get to DC fairly easily and don't spend time with sub-plots along the way.

No problem with them moving out of Georgia and other parts of the US would be more interesting, I am only working through my reasons for thinking Eugene is full shit. An one of those is Washington D.C, it's like something a person overly fond of conspiracy theories would come up with. D.C is the centre of power, where else would the goverment keep its top-secert and illegal weapons.

Also I've no idea about biological weapons, but I'd be pretty sure re-engineering one to destroy the undead involves a crap load more than accessing a few terminals and flipping a few switches. An frankly storing them in D.C where an accident has the potential to decaptaite the goverment would be maddness. I'd be more willing to believe him if he said they needed to head to Area 51 or something.

As to the survival bunker, that would be an idea I can get behind, however there has been other groups of people surviving in the open. A bunker would most likely already have people surviving in it. If it is a goverment disater shelter, where the top brains in bio-weapons are hiding, it's going to be guarded.

Oh, they do.

They just aren't on "the map."

And living outside D.C., it would be the LAST place I'd go.

Archived