Music from the HBO show/trailers

JonCon's Red Beard

Chelsea Wolfe is an incredible artist, both her most recent albums are incredible.

And Seven Devils is, oddly enough, one of the weakest Florence & The Machine songs.

For all of HBO's faults, they usually have great soundtracks and pick excellent songs to include in their trailers.

I agree. But, even weaker Florence songs are better than 90% of stuff that's out there.

I agree. But, even weaker Florence songs are better than 90% of stuff that's out there.

I admit, without any shame, that I first heard Florence via Glee. I dl her whole album expecting more songs similar to Dog Days are Over, which I didn't. But it had a different kind of magic, though. Hardest of Hearts is my fav.

I was listening to Lorde's cover version of "Everybody wants to rule the world."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaVA6sgOpws

This song was used in the Assassin's Creed Unity trailer and also in the Dracula Untold trailer (movie features Rickon and Tywin :lol: ).

In the comment section, I saw a comment which suggested this song be used in for the Season 5 trailer, and it had 150 upvotes.

I'm inclined to say I agree. The lyrics and the music certainly suit a GoT trailer.

What do you guys think?

Can we get a campaign going?

I was listening to Lorde's cover version of "Everybody wants to rule the world."

This song was used in the Assassin's Creed Unity trailer and also in the Dracula Untold trailer (movie features Rickon and Tywin :lol: ).

In the comment section, I saw a comment which suggested this song be used in for the Season 5 trailer, and it had 150 upvotes.

I'm inclined to say I agree. The lyrics and the music certainly suit a GoT trailer.

What do you guys think?

I thought the same thing when watching the Assassin's Creed trailer. It has the right tone and beat to it. I guess it really depends on whether it fits the theme of next season, though...it seems more like a season 2 or 3 trailer than next season, when most of the Kings are no longer in the game. Any ideas on a good theme for next season?

What do you guys think?

Oh, Jesus...

I hate Hunger Games

I hate Lorde

And the original is one of my favourite songs ever.

/killing spree.

I admit, without any shame, that I first heard Florence via Glee. I dl her whole album expecting more songs similar to Dog Days are Over, which I didn't. But it had a different kind of magic, though. Hardest of Hearts is my fav.

Yours, too? I didn't think it would be anyone else's favorite since it's not so well known, what with being only on the Lungs bonus disc.

My other favorites are No Light, No Light, Heavy in Your Arms, Breath of Life, Over the Love, Rabbit Heart (that was the first Florence song I heard and loved), Cosmic Love... I also love her cover of Girl With One Eye - so sick!

" Bones" is my all-time favorite they've used so far. I agree with those who have said they love the songs that are picked for trailers. They're usually very good at that, this season was lacking but overall I'm always interested in downloading the songs!

I really wanted them to do "Glory and Gore" by Lorde this season. I think it would have been awesome for a trailer.

Man, fuck Lorde. She's basically the new Adele. But rather than an old, overweight bitch - it's now a 17 year old, exotic "ugly" teenager. Ugh.

That's a pretty shit thing to say, regardless of how you feel about their music.

I'm not so much insulting them as people, although now looking at it, it probably seems that way.

What I mean is they're both horribly generic, mediocre singers who have been marketed for who they are because their music is so bland. So first it was "OMG GUYS, LOOK, AN OLDER OVERWEIGHT WOMAN WHO CAN SING. HOW RARE" and now it's "LOOK GUYS, A TEENAGER FROM NEW ZEALAND WITH AN UNUSUAL FACE."

Mih.

I'm not so much insulting them as people, although now looking at it, it probably seems that way.

What I mean is they're both horribly generic, mediocre singers who have been marketed for who they are because their music is so bland. So first it was "OMG GUYS, LOOK, AN OLDER OVERWEIGHT WOMAN WHO CAN SING. HOW RARE" and now it's "LOOK GUYS, A TEENAGER FROM NEW ZEALAND WITH AN UNUSUAL FACE."

Mih.

A 26-year-old woman is an "older woman" now? What?!:huh: Who were they marketing her like that to? Toddlers? Paedophiles?

I know nothing about Lorde, but the idea that a female singer is successful because she's overweight and doesn't use the sex appeal card or try to use unusual appearance to draw attention - is utter bullshit.

I thought the same thing when watching the Assassin's Creed trailer. It has the right tone and beat to it. I guess it really depends on whether it fits the theme of next season, though...it seems more like a season 2 or 3 trailer than next season, when most of the Kings are no longer in the game. Any ideas on a good theme for next season?

No idea. What's the theme for the next season anyway? Like journeys and politics or something? Because I guess we'll see a whole load of Tyrion and Brienne travelling, and Jon, Cersei and Dany getting caught up in the messy power struggles.

Oh, Jesus...

I hate Hunger Games

I hate Lorde

And the original is one of my favourite songs ever.

/killing spree.

Wow, I just suggested the worst combo ever. Sorry mate.

No idea. What's the theme for the next season anyway? Like journeys and politics or something? Because I guess we'll see a whole load of Tyrion and Brienne travelling, and Jon, Cersei and Dany getting caught up in the messy power struggles.

It's really a tough one...I guess it depends on what they focus on. I somehow doubt they are going to focus on traveling when Dany and Jon's stories are running parallel with each other somewhat. Plus we might have a trailer introducing us to Dorne.

Archived