Tyrells have everything..... why? And till when?

TheBadboy

Let's objectively look at the Tyrells for a moment

Offsprings

Best daughter - Margaery. She is perfect

Charming, has some wits but not a mad or an evil bitch, and extremely beautiful.

Sons - Willas - A sane, kind, and a sorted lord. Only few houses can boast an Able Heir.

Garlan - One of the best warriors in the seven Kingdoms.

Loras - A tourney champion and an honoured kingsgaurd.

Family

Ollena - A savior Grandmother with her brains in the right place, arguably saves a lot of political troubles for her family in KL

Unity - This is the only great family in Westros to be easily declared as united.

No sibling rivalry, no individual clashing ambitions, no internal and civil wars.

Seriously how many houses are this lucky to escape the curse of their own children? ??

Lands

Most fertile lands in all of seven kingdoms, so food is never a problem!

That's like ultra luck lottery again!

Oldtown - The most prestigious and educational city in all 7 kingdoms!

Houses under them

Hightower - A house more richer than Lannisters .. Oldtown!

Tarly!!!!

Arguably the two best houses to have under ones pockets

Wealth

Second wealthiest family in Westros

And Hightower are as wealthy as Lannisters!

Army

Relatively unscathed army! And one of the largest ones!!

Tarly - the best military commander in their hands!

Smallfolk

Arguably kind and generous towards them, as much as one can get in that world!

And now let's see their luck

- From stewards to the IT

- Escaped RR with only a scratch

- Only family in Westros without a family member dying even after 5 goddamm books and even after being at the centre of the war!

So lands, beautiful daughters, brave and capable sons, sharp wits, prosperous lands, huge unscathed army, best sworn houses, best commanders, crazy money, unity and a smallfolk that loves them!!!

Every goddamm thing...

Why? ??????

Why is Martin so overwhelmingly generous towards them? Why?

Only qualms being - Gay Loras ( but he is in kingsgaurd forever probably if he doesn't die, so that's solved). Crippled Willas ( but it works on his favor again, a sympathetic character who is not holding unwanted grudges, setting up to be a great lord while his brothers could be warriors)

And obviously Mace ( just die please!)

Is Martin in love with Tyrells or something? One reason I find Martin has made them so lucky is because maybe he doesn't want the readers to root for them.

Anything too good repels a fantasy novel reader horribly !

And there are 3 possible outcomes in future.

-They overreached, and climbed a lot and now it's time to fall and fall hard.... The most clinched of all outcomes!!! Seriously how many stories are out there with ambition finally bringing a downfall. This would in my opinion be the lousiest of their outcomes ( even though Tyrell haters will love this) . It's far tooo obvious, we all expect them to fall, but won't it be fun if they don't?

- Same outcome as that after RR, i.e absolutely nothing happens to them.

Relatively climb out of the black hole unscathed again.;)

This to me makes a lot of literary sense and would be something different. Albeit frustrating to some, but the symmetry and the not so poetic nature of this outcome makes this the most realistic and alluring of all outcomes

Martin being a perfect tease lol

- They go from growing strong to being the strongest. Least likely of all, they emerge at the top as the stags, wolves, lions and krakens and Dragons fight with each other. They finally make it to top.

This I guess would irritate most of the fandom lol. Even though I am Tyrell fan, I don't want to see this simply because the amount of hate they will gather up as an aftermath.

So why has Martin been so kind to Tyrells till now? And what is their future outcome?

The problem is they made their bed with the crown and there is no way to back out of that now.

Well as the wise Olenna herself said, the Tyrell's would have been better well out of the whole succession business. They're on top now, but that's just to make their coming troubles, (the IB, Margaery's trial, Dorne, Aegon, unruly vassals) all the more extreme...too bad since I like them, but thanks to the one dumb family member (coughMacecough) deciding to ride a lion, (against the express advice of Mommy) the whole clan's now in danger. Allying with the Lannister's is starting to look like a bad bet for everyone who did so....the Frey's, the Bolton's, Pycelle, etc.

My personal theory is that Cersie is found innocent in her trial by combat and Margery will be found guilty. That should make the Tyrell's suffer.

I do think Varys might engineer just such an outcome to ensure maximum chaos AND the complete destruction of the Tyrell/Lannister coalition. Blood will flow through the streets, as Lions, Roses, and the Faith battle it out, and the Tyrells will be forced to retreat to Highgarden-where they may be corned by pro-Targaryen's among their bannerman and/or the IB.

I do think Varys might engineer just such an outcome to ensure maximum chaos AND the complete destruction of the Tyrell/Lannister coalition. Blood will flow through the streets, as Lions, Roses, and the Faith battle it out, and the Tyrells will be forced to retreat to Highgarden-where they may be corned by pro-Targaryen's among their bannerman and/or the IB.

It will make the RW look like a tip toe through the garden. It will be a bloody mess.

You forgot to put "Handthrone" under their list of assets and advantages. :)

I was so disappointed it wasn't on the list!

To OP, IMO they represent the chivalry Sansa heard in stories. The Reach is the "cradle of life" for all things knightly. That's why my money is on them doing NOTHING.

After the Lannister/Tyrell alliance goes under I think Mace will be done. They will go back to Highgarden close their gates and store their food. The only ones with the power to help the realm and they will wait and "Grow Strong" while the rest of the realm withers. False flowers indeed.

Edit: mistakes

Archived