Why it is very unlikely Sansa Stark will be Queen of the Seven Kingdoms

TheSnape

It's hell of a lot easier to build growing love and respect when your spouse is a good person who doesn't have all kinds of serious psychological issues about the opposite gender, and not someone like Tyrion. Just saying.

Fair enough! :laugh:

I like your post. Maybe I should start to see in Sansa what you see.

Cersei wasn't a player ? Funny, isn't she the one with the famous line about playing the game in the first place ?

And Ned was a player. Granted, he wasn't very good at it...

Tyrion definitely is a player, he has tons of POV chapters.

Daenerys is a player (technically) though she hasn't taken part in it across the ocean yet.

Cersei a player? :lmao:

Ned was completely manipulated by people he thought loyal to him: Littlefinger and Varys, and he trusted Pycelle and refused to believe Renly will not do the honourable thing. Puh-lease. He refused to play and payed with his head.

Tyrion was played by Varys from the moment he came to KL. The only thing he managed to do is take power from Cersei, strip her of her guard, and imprison the only totally loyal and devoted man, Pycelle. He won't shut up about how smart he is but during Tyrion-reread I was dying from second hand embarrassment.

ETA: okay, that was harsh, he was responsible for KL not going whoosh because of improper use of wildfire (but did not notice that he is paying the guild for wildfire commissioned and payed by Aerys), commissioned the chain, and made the Tyrell alliance (safe to say the Dornish alliance has backfired).

As for Dany, she is young, and yes, this is a good counter argument for Sansa, that because Dany,Jon&the rest did not start as players and only grew into the role, there is some hope for Sansa to become queen.

I don't know though, we don't have Robb and Aegon POV, just like we do not have Littlefinger, Varys, Stannis, Doran... but we do have Jon and Dany who currently occupy used to occupy positions of power. :idea:

Maybe, but Tyrion would neither tie himself to a courteous wife nor force her to be his daily boredom. There would not be Big Daddy behind him anymore. So he will hardly force her stay with him if he should be in a position of power. If the war is over she can simply take a horse and go wherever she wants, annullment or not.

There will be far bigger issues at play than personalities and whims, this is the hand they've been dealt and both will use their formidable abilities to make the most of it, they're not going to take their ball and go home. Sansa will not want annulment, Tyrion is her ticket up. The Faith will (already are it seems) be the Kingmakers and a proper marriage will be beneficial to advancement and annulment out of the question. Tyrion will provide strength and defence as a military leader/tactician (and probable dragon rider), Sansa will be the public face and smooth over the Faith, they will need each other.

It's a moderately popular theory at best.

To the issues you cite:

- True, LF doesn't necessarily need Sansa to be queen. That's too far ahead to forecast at this point. He might make her queen if things develop so as to make it a good move, but for now he's managing affairs in the nearer term and keeping an eye on the longer term.

- Not a factor to me; the lords might be convinced Joffrey was indeed an incestuous bastard, and thank everyone in on the plot to kill him. She might be elevated in their eyes. At the least, forgiven or forgotten.

- Doesn't matter that she has no one sworn to her now; her path would be through political marriage, not force of arms or loyalty of a section of the realm.

- Mad Monkey said it perfectly, can't really add to his analysis. Queen is the last thing Sansa wants to be.

I've always assumed she will end up back in the north, or as lady to some higher lord. She has the greatest likelihood of a good ending for any major character. She's sort of below the radar.

Cersei a player? etc.

Being a player doesn't necessarily mean being good at it. But yes, Cersei certainly outplayed Ned. And as her little speech to him makes clear, he was playing the game, whether he liked it or not.

So, in the end your assessment that no POV characters have been players of the Game of Thrones is demonstrably false.

Sansa has had considerable protection hence why she seems to be under the radar. As a valuable pawn she couldnt be killed but could be beaten occassionally and emotionally tormented.I think that is a false sense of security. Without Littlefinger's guardianship I do wonder what would become of her. She is making very few decisions right now and absolutely no big ones she can mess up like Robb.

Archived