Small Questions v 10027

Stubby

Did not appear to be any unanswered questions.

But carry on.

As always, please report the thread when it reaches post 400.

Also, please DO NOT post spoilers from the new TWOW chapter in this or any other General (ASOIAF) thread.. Such comments must be properly spoiler tagged or (better yet) not posted here at all. For the record, we consider publishing the identities of the POVs as spoilers.

The simple answer is probably the correct one for this, but I am going to ask anyway just in case I have missed something :-D

Why was Masha Heddle hung by Tywin? Was it simply because he wanted to use her inn as a base, or was it some petty revenge for it being the place Tyrion was captured?

The simple answer is probably the correct one for this, but I am going to ask anyway just in case I have missed something :-D

Why was Masha Heddle hung by Tywin? Was it simply because he wanted to use her inn as a base, or was it some petty revenge for it being the place Tyrion was captured?

Probably a mix of those two. That inn was the place where the reputation of house Lannister was put at stake, and she had allowed it to happen. Not that she could have done anything about it, but still...

This question amuses me because a tangential reason Tywin had Masha Heddle hung was because Tyrion was abducted under her roof, which presumably meant he should have been under her protection. Tywin took issue with someone's disregard for guest right, then sanctioned the Red Wedding a couple years later. Asshole.

This question amuses me because a tangential reason Tywin had Masha Heddle hung was because Tyrion was abducted under her roof, which presumably meant he should have been under her protection. Tywin took issue with someone's disregard for guest right, then sanctioned the Red Wedding a couple years later. Asshole.

Now that you mention that it does make me wonder what GR protocol would be for innkeepers and the like? :)

Tyrion was kidnapped, he was taken at swordpoint. He stood an actual chance of dying. Saying that there was no danger for Tyrion is not correct.

But he wasn't harmed in any way.

Not defending Cat, because it was a bad decision. But Tywin probably killed that innkeep for revenge, not anything to do with guest right.

What is the deal with Patrek Mallister? How old is he? He hasn't been knighted as he is never referred to as Ser Patrek, the Mallisters aren't noted as Old God worshippers either, he isn't a squire and his dad is quite old (white hair). Did Jason have older sons that perished during Robert's and Greyjoy Rebellion and Patrek just happens to the youngest?

Is Patrek bookish or a schemer? I originally thought but he serves as one of Robb's guards in the field and serves as a bodyguard during the RW.

How do the White Walkers control the wights?

I'm not sure if this is a small question, really, but I haven't seen any theories about it here (and I've been reading far more than my number of posts indicates), so I'm starting to think I might have missed something obvious :rolleyes:

We haven't found out exactly, but there are theories involving everything from skinchangers and wargs and from CotF to Bloodraven.

edt:copy paste the following into google for a good starting place:

Others control site:asoiaf.westeros.org

@KCenturion: I assume Patrek is of an age with his good friend Edmure. He is the heir to Seagard. His father is probably older than most but that's not unusual given high infant mortality rates. His uncle at the Shadow Tower is a knight and while his father is referred to as Lord, he seems to be a knight too. So I doubt House Mallister keeps the old gods. And it does seem odd that Patrek is not a knight. Perhaps he is and we just haven't seen the formal title used.

@KCenturion: I assume Patrek is of an age with his good friend Edmure. He is the heir to Seagard. His father is probably older than most but that's not unusual given high infant mortality rates. His uncle at the Shadow Tower is a knight and while his father is referred to as Lord, he seems to be a knight too. So I doubt House Mallister keeps the old gods. And it does seem odd that Patrek is not a knight. Perhaps he is and we just haven't seen the formal title used.

Yeah, I think it is something like this. Patrek and Edmure are of an age and good friends. He is most likely knighted, guessing from that, but it just hasn't been mentioned yet. Perhaps it will be someday.

Archived