Appreciating Daenerys as Villain

Metopheles

Wouldn't King's Landing be better? She could go full on Aerys and let fAegon and all the other pretenders be kings of ashes.

See, that's how I think she needs to conquer Westeros, just pull an Aegon 1, land Drogon in the middle of the yard of the Red Keep and burn everything and everyone. She'd kill basically all the Lannisters/ Tyrells that hold power, a large amount of their support, and very few smallfolk would get in the way compared to an all out war. Then she can just claim the kingdom, and who's left to stop her? Who would dare after that show? They'd all bend knee.

In the last thread I had the idea of turning Daenerys [and Jon] into a God Queen.

That all men must kneel before her and her dragons. I pointed out that this could easily be done, as the Mhysa scene laid foundation for this. These people love her irrationally. Same goes for her dothrakis. When she brought back dragons they fell to their knees.

What would you think about that ? Daenerys as villainous (or not) God Queen, who is the ultimate ruler and no earthly or heavenly force is above her ?

This is pretty much as villainous as it gets, but for me it would be terrific to read.

I would love it if this would be an ending, Daenerys [and Jon] on some small ebony bench and the dragons around them, all in an enormous new palace that is larger than any other building.

Perhaps even statues of them

The only good thing to come from her tryst with Daario is "I am your queen, and I command you to fuck me."

I feel like her relationship with Daario receives an inordinate amount of criticism, more so than even Robb with Jeyne. I don't feel like that's fair. She's a woman who's found love, even if he's pretty douchey and cartoonie, he seems quite loyal to her. If he makes her happy, I don't see how that's a bad thing. Because he's a distraction? Well, Robb basically lost the war due to Jeyne, and Cersei started a war because of Jaime. The heart wants what the heart wants, and Dany has the right, as a human, to decide where her heart (and vagina) go.

What did ever Jon has done to you that he should be condemned to live with this insolent annoying bratty useless wally madlikedad girl?

Rules.

And why don't you like that.? He would have 1.5 dragons and be God King.

I feel like her relationship with Daario receives an inordinate amount of criticism, more so than even Robb with Jeyne. I don't feel like that's fair. She's a woman who's found love, even if he's pretty douchey and cartoonie, he seems quite loyal to her. If he makes her happy, I don't see how that's a bad thing. Because he's a distraction? Well, Robb basically lost the war due to Jeyne, and Cersei started a war because of Jaime. The heart wants what the heart wants, and Dany has the right, as a human, to decide where her heart (and vagina) go.

Love? She doesn't love him. She loved Drogo. She's bored and in lust, that's all.

We know from Selmy that he brags about sleeping with her, so, that's a red flag that he doesn't love her but is using her, so, more bad judgement on her part, though it remains to be seen if he will or won't ultimately betray her.

Rules.

And why don't you fucking like that.? He would have 1.5 dragons and be God King.

That means that the dragons will survive LN2.0 which I found impossible.

Also give this guy a break, Dany is a parasite why does he has to tolerate her absurdity, her idiocity, her brutality, her Targmadness and her avarice? Jon deserves so much more than a whining crazy girl.

Also there is the small matter of incesting and what it creates and foreshadowings.

Not criticizing her free bitch approach to her love life, I just think she could do better than his sleazy self tbh.

Love? She doesn't love him. She loved Drogo. She's bored and in lust, that's all.

We know from Selmy that he brags about sleeping with her, so, that's a red flag that he doesn't love her but is using her, so, more bad judgement on her part, though it remains to be seen if he will or won't ultimately betray her.

Yes she does. She wishes he would "steal" her, and take her away, but realizes her duty is to her people.

Also give this guy a break, Dany is a parasite why does he has to tolerate her absurdity, her idiocity, her brutality, her Targmadness and her avarice? Jon deserves so much more than a whining crazy girl.

Also there is the small matter of incesting and what it creates and foreshadowings.

You know that consensus is that Jon is the grandson of the Mad King ? That he is Rhaegar's bastard ?

And stop the hate.

Who cares if she's in real love or infatuation? And his emotions have no baring on hers. Point is, she's a female with body agency who isn't married, she can fuck whomever she wants for whatever reason she wants. Instead she gets called a slut and whore and all sorts of names that are utterly ridiculous. She's slept with 2 guys, that's not slutty.

And as I said, he's douchey. Even if he brags, he still hasn't done anything, that I remember at least, to question his loyalty to Dany.

I agree, why judge them for who they sleep with? Judge them on other loads of horrible things the do.

Jon's the one guilty of that in the 1st book. I want to be RANGER. :tantrum: Dany has never been a whiner.

Who cares if she's in real love or infatuation? And his emotions have no baring on hers. Point is, she's a female with body agency who isn't married, she can fuck whomever she wants for whatever reason she wants. Instead she gets called a slut and whore and all sorts of names that are utterly ridiculous. She's slept with 2 guys, that's not slutty.

And as I said, he's douchey. Even if he brags, he still hasn't done anything, that I remember at least, to question his loyalty to Dany.

Sure she can. And when she makes poor choices in a partner, such as one who publicly brags that he's sleeping with her and can control her, it reflects on her judgement.

Archived