Appreciating Daenerys as Villain

Metopheles

Who cares if she's in real love or infatuation? And his emotions have no baring on hers. Point is, she's a female with body agency who isn't married, she can fuck whomever she wants for whatever reason she wants. Instead she gets called a slut and whore and all sorts of names that are utterly ridiculous. She's slept with 2 guys, that's not slutty.

And as I said, he's douchey. Even if he brags, he still hasn't done anything, that I remember at least, to question his loyalty to Dany.

3 ;)

Jon's the one guilty of that in the 1st book. I want to be RANGER. :tantrum: Dany has never been a whiner.

Has Dany ever cried ? I think she cried when Drogo died.

I mean I think it's alright to show emotions and all, but Dany rarely cries or whines.

Not criticizing her free bitch approach to her love life, I just think she could do better than his sleazy self tbh.

Of course she could, he's douchey for sure. But how good at choosing partners at 15/16? I know I dated some real winners! Lol.

My point is there's a lot of criticism of the relationship, and (not necessarily you) a lot of slut shamming against Dany for choosing who she wants. She has the right to chose her partner, even if he's a douche, that's my only point.

You can criticize Daario for being a douche, but the slut shamming (again not you) needs to stop.

How is she a bitch ? Seriously.

Lol I wasn't insulting her? I said free bitch because she sleeps with who she wants when she wants, not giving a shit about what her haters think.

You're looking for hate in a post where there wasn't any.

Of course she could, he's douchey for sure. But how good at choosing partners at 15/16? I know I dated some real winners! Lol.

My point is there's a lot of criticism of the relationship, and (not necessarily you) a lot of slut shamming against Dany for choosing who she wants. She has the right to chose her partner, even if he's a douche, that's my only point.

You can criticize Daario for being a douche, but the slut shamming (again not you) needs to stop.

Oh certainly. Like out of all the things to criticize her for? Sluttiness, really?

3 ;)

Nope, just Drogo and Daario, she never consummates her marriage (that I remember, feel free to correct me)

But even 3 dudes does not a slut make ;)

Eta- forgot the handmaiden, guess she's been with 3 people, 2 of which were dudes.

Why is it "slut shaming" to point out that her choice in Daario shows bad judgement? I don't understand. We can say that Daario is a douche, but that her choice of a douche as a lover isn't to be discussed as a reflection on her judgment because that's slut shaming?

Never whines? All she does is whine about her right to the iron throne that she's never seen, and she will take what is hers with fire and blood and why won't anybody give her some ships or any army, blah, blah, blah.

I know someone else who does that.

He goes by the name Stannis.

Nobody ever said he is whiny

Never whines? All she does is whine about her right to the iron throne that she's never seen, and she will take what is hers with fire and blood and why won't anybody give her some ships or any army, blah, blah, blah.

I think your confusing her with Stannis.

I know someone else who does that.

He goes by the name Stannis.

Nobody ever said he is whiny

I'd classify Stannis more as a grudge holder than a whiner, since his is a long list of crap that he is bitter about going all the way back to his childhood, LOL.

Why is it "slut shaming" to point out that her choice in Daario shows bad judgement? I don't understand. We can say that Daario is a douche, but that her choice of a douche as a lover isn't to be discussed as a reflection on her judgment because that's slut shaming?

Again, I'm not saying the slut shamming has happened on this thread, but I cannot tell you how many threads I've seen her called a slut or a whore because she's a woman who dares to enjoy sex. It's become a bit of a knee jerk reaction when people unfairly judge her sex life for me to defend it. Her vagina, her choice.

Nope, just Drogo and Daario, she never consummates her marriage (that I remember, feel free to correct me)

Not calling her a slut but she did consummated it, whenever Hiz had a chance he tore her clothes off. She also had sex with Irri pre- and post- Meeren. So she had sex with four people. Hasn't beat Big Bobby B.

Unfortunately she did have sex with Hizdahr, poor Dany :ack: . I agree 3 men is nothing to be ashamed of , especially when she only really chose 1 of them out of her own personal desire.

I'd classify Stannis more as a grudge holder than a whiner, since his is a long list of crap that he is bitter about going all the way back to his childhood, LOL.

And Dany does not fall into that ?

Archived