TWOP/PTV Unsullied Thread, Part VII: [Book & Show Spoilers]

Independent George

Here come their predictions, always a fun read.

1. More Stark Suffering! Maybe no more death, because, well, who is there left to die? Sansa and Bran and Arya (and Jon Snuh) are safe as houses. I hope Rickon isn't the Stark Sacrificial Lamb this season. The Starks seem to become victims only when they start playing the Game, and what game can Rickon play (besides Smash the Walnut)?
  2. Some Lannister Comeuppance! Not saying that anyone major will bite it (though pleasepleaseplease), just that even A Show can't have an entire House with Plot Armor (though Jaime having his hand chopped off counts as a setback, and they have an inflexible tyrant as the head of the house, so there is that...).
  3. Someone I root for will die! And I will rend my clothes, swear off A Show forever, and be back the following week.
  4. Someone I hate will (appear to) triumph! Probably "King" Joffrey Dahmer-Beiber. Or Balon Greyjoy. Or Walder Frey. Or Roose Bolton. Or...
  5. Stannis will reach the Wall! He may not do anything there before the end of Ep. 10, but he will at least be within sight of the damn thing.
  6. Cersei will drink wine! The Drinking Game of Thrones continues...
  7. Bigger dragons! Om nom nom nom...
  8. Jorah will remain Ser Friendzone! His love will remain unshaken, "until my last breath I will remember, long after I have forgotten my mother's face." Despite his mooning around after Dany, Jorah will "get nothing! You lose! Good day, ser!"
  9. Hodor will say "Hodor", and the internet will explode! But it will have so much empathy and insight and concern behind the delivery.
  10. Boobs! Because, HBO, duh.

It is known. I guess you could put "duh" after ALL of these. Except #5. That is an actual prediction, and I am sticking to it.

"And then Yara is back in the Iron Islands without any explanation. What happened to the war?"

I'm so glad to see show only viewers wonder why the Iron Born's campaign in the North was completely pushed aside the whole season until the last episode.

"which means Yara will become Queen of the Iron Islands. Theon's not really in the running for that, they didn't follow him anyway even when he had a dick. Unless there are other Greyjoys that we haven't met, but that's unlikely."

Euron and Victarion are going to be a surprise next season.

I laughed out loud at this clever wording:

Sansa might be the sacrificial lamb needed to prolong Stark suffering (which, I agree, will be endless). If Ramsey Snow blabs that the Stark boys are alive, she's no longer heir to WinterFellDown and thus of no use to the Lannisters.

So I saw that that Dino and Byron duo was streaming for their pre season predictions and I started watching, but they'd already been up for 45 minutes. So I went back to the beginning. Dino, the bald one, is starting to question how Lysa knew the Lannisters killed Jon. He's suspicious of Baelish but not quite there. He thinks Littlefinger merely told her the Lannisters did it. He thinks Littlefinger told her in order to get on her good side and be in the position he's in now. Not quite there but it's pretty impressive that he knows he was involved. And I'm only 12 minutes in! These guys are some of the best unsullied to watch, imo.

So I saw that that Dino and Byron duo was streaming for their pre season predictions and I started watching, but they'd already been up for 45 minutes. So I went back to the beginning. Dino, the bald one, is starting to question how Lysa knew the Lannisters killed Jon. He's suspicious of Baelish but not quite there. He thinks Littlefinger merely told her the Lannisters did it. He thinks Littlefinger told her in order to get on her good side and be in the position he's in now. Not quite there but it's pretty impressive that he knows he was involved. And I'm only 12 minutes in! These guys are some of the best unsullied to watch, imo.

Yeah, these guys are amazing. It's like watching the TWOP(now PTV) Unsullied discuss the show for one hour in a video.

Here's the link for those interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0K1Cp3EuhE

some of these unsullied do have a way with words.

I really don't think that in the final analysis she was wrong to not go anywhere with Littlefinger. Littlefinger only makes a good traveling companion on the road to all levels of hell.

I do wonder how the Unsullied will feel about Stannis after he wins the battle for the Wall. Say what you like about Mel, but she knows what the true threat is, and it is her as much as Davos that gets Stannis to get busy with saving the realm rather than conquering it.

Or will David and Dan, given they are Stannis haters, gimp his role in events at the Wall and have him only arrive when the battle is pretty much over, so all he does is swoop in at the end and foment discord at the Wall?

Eviscerating Stannis, character assassinating Catelyn, and whitewashing Tyrion are the big three character manipulations of the show as I see it. All 3 of which are to the detrienbt of the series. Particularly with Stannis and Tyrion it makes the characters more black / white than the grey they should be.

Nothing is going to change. The ones that like him will continue to, and the ones who think he is just a puppet for Melisandre will continue to think he's a twit who can't make his own decisions. Ah well, at least Tyrion will probably brutally murder Shae.

I'm a bit worried by what Elio and Linda say in their impressions video about a significant, and it seems not well liked by them, change that could either relate to Tyrion or Shae (seems almost certain to relate to one of them, even though they tried not to spoil things). If the show doesn't have Tyrion murdering Shae then the whitewashing will be complete and absolute.

Friends of the Unsullied who are also PTV members: A situation developing at PTV. Its a new site, of course, and mods are still finding their way around. But as of now, they're trying to push/force the TWoP Unsullied to post in the Episode No Spoilers thread, which, of course, is filled with spoilers, rather than in their own Unsullied thread. I just heard from my Unsullied contact, saying they fear they're done now, finished, if this policy is enforced. I assured her that we Bookwalkers have their back.

If you're a member there, take a look at the Episode 1 No Spoilers thread for posts from mods relating to this. Click 'report this post' and courteously, respectfully lay out the reasons the Unsullied need their own thread, and that episode threads, whether they're labeled No Spoilers or Spoilers, all DO contain spoilers.

Again, this is a new site, trying to manage, trying to be reasonable. Be respectful, but help the Unsullied make their case?

Update: Apparently, the kerflufle over this issue came through loud and clear, because David T. Cole, the grand poobah over there, stepped in and said they can post only in their Unsullied thread, not being forced into the Episode threads.

Update: A thank-you from the Unsullied.

Thank you so much. We all froze pretty much solid trying to think what in the world we could do, because at least half of those poster in the "no spoilers" thread were book readers.

Thank you. Thanks to all the Bookwalkers who just leaped to our aid.

Annnnnd, back to the show, this:

In his mind, Robb, Bran, Arya and Rickon are all dead, and Sansa is married to his son, so he has Castamere'd the Starks. It hurt to watch, once I realized which sword it was that was being melted.

Getting Castamere'd, a new meme.

Dammit, I've been having internet troubles for a week, and the technician won't arrive until Thursday. There's so much juicy material to talk about!

I love how the Unsullied reaction to the new Daario is that the old one was too much of skeevy a skeevy, untrustworthy douche. Because as a bookwalker, I thought that's exactly what made him such a brilliant casting choice!

On the other hand, that's also exactly why I roll my eyes at him in the books, too, so this is probably an improvement. Dany going all giggly schoolgirl over Book!Daario was stomach-turning. A more grounded character actually improves things.

Seems that the Unsullied in general (i.e. on Neograf and elsewhere as well) are a bit more on top of who's who than last year. I guess marathoning the old episodes in preparation for this season helped a lot as after watching the first season a few times that means that stuff like who Lyanna is actually sticks in your head. On the other hand some really casual viewers (i.e. people who only ever watch each episode once) seem pretty overwhelmed.

Oh and for people who like reading unsullied threads here another one: http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?722504-GoT-Season-4-episode-1-Two-Swords-(Non-readers)-NO-SPOILERS-ALLOWED

Book readers are allowed to post but the anti-spoiling rules are pretty draconian and strictly enforced.

Seems that the Unsullied in general (i.e. on Neograf and elsewhere as well) are a bit more on top of who's who than last year. I guess marathoning the old episodes in preparation for this season helped a lot as after watching the first season a few times that means that stuff like who Lyanna is actually sticks in your head. On the other hand some really casual viewers (i.e. people who only ever watch each episode once) seem pretty overwhelmed.

Oh and for people who like reading unsullied threads here another one: http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?722504-GoT-Season-4-episode-1-Two-Swords-(Non-readers)-NO-SPOILERS-ALLOWED

Book readers are allowed to post but the anti-spoiling rules are pretty draconian and strictly enforced.

Thanks for that link--always fun to find some new Unsullied. LOL, its funny that across all these boards, nearly all the male posters have similar reactions to Daario 1.0. I especially liked this description: "I liked the other guy's sleekly punchable smugness."

Over at NeoGAF, they're compiling lists of the top 10 most important characters in the upcoming season. List after list...

1. Arya

2. Daenerys

3. Cersei

4. Tywin

5. Melisandre

-Little Finger

-Thoros

-Stannis

-Ser Bronn

-The Hound

1. Sansa

2. Arya

3. Brienne

4. Tyrion

5. Sansa

6. Selmy

7. Jon Snow

8. Jamie

9. Sansa

10. Davros

Not one mention of Joffrey! This is going to be FUN!

They are right actually. Unknowingly, but they are right. I suspect no one will remember him by the end of the season.

Archived