I don't get Sansa's dislike for Tyrion

Panos Targaryen

You are moving the goalposts. I said Tyrion was no stranger to humiliating, lying or murdering, and it meant exactly that and nothing about the victims deserving it or the perpetrator having his own circumstances... but if you are willing to actually speak of circumstances, then you of course agree that just chatacterizing Shae as "lying to have Tyrion killed" is as simplistic as saying Tyrion is a serial murderer, rapist and overall monster.

I am not surprised to see you try to exonerate Tyrion of actual murderS while some posts back even an act that could merely help to have a man convicted and executed was the worst thing ever, according to you. Awesome demonstration of double standard.

I'm not trying to exonerate Tyrion of anything. I've just said he committed a double second degree murder. You are the one trying to exonerate Shae for perjuring herself in court well aware that a man's life is at stake. After that we don't see even a thread of remorse, because in that case we would not see her stretching in the bed of a Tyrion's father with golden necklace around her lying neck. If Shae didn't lie to get Tyrion killed, please tell us why she did it. To pass a pleasant afternoon in court? To save her own skin? The scene in Tywin's bed, make that option highly unlikely. And do find me a passage in this saga where Tyrion humiliates someone who did not deserve it like Slint or Joffrey. In the case of the former, he was sent to the Wall, which is a just punishment for his crimes while humiliation was not public, but very private over dinner. In the case of the latter, humiliation was a direct response of an uncle to a) insensitivity towards Bran being injured b) public humiliation and beating of Sansa. Where is your logic and humanity when you can equalise Tyrion's behaviour to Shae's or Slint's or Joffrey's.

And do find me a passage in this saga where Tyrion humiliates someone who did not deserve it like Slint or Joffrey.

You've confused Thorne with Slynt, first off. Secondly, Thorne might've deserved a taste of humiliation in a wider, karmic sort of way, but Tyrion also humiliated him at court, when he brought the wight's hand to King's Landing. In that case, Tyrion humiliated the man in public for doing his duty and for telling the truth. He didn't deserve to be humiliated for that. Tyrion was being unfair, and he knew it, but he did it anyway.

Archived