Hedge Knight

jsberry

I am desperately seeking the complete Dunk & Egg saga, but Hedge Knight is $400+ on Amazon!?

Does anybody know where I can get a copy for a reasonable price? "Used" is fine.

If not, is the animated version (only $7) a reasonable substitute?

Thanks.

The Hedge Knight story has not been published separately - it is only available as part of the legends compilation or the collection of GRRM short stories, ditto the other Dunk and Egg stories. Details here. A version as a graphic novel was published separately, but that is something different.

So it looks like the Hedge Knight book by itself costs $400+, but you can buy three short-story compilation books for $10-20 each and pick through them to get the whole story.

I could be wrong, but I believe what you're looking at that costs $400 is the hardcover version of The Hedge Knight graphic novel, which I believe is out of print at the moment. Softcover versions of both are The Hedge Knight and The Sworn Sword graphic novels can be found for a much more normal price relatively easily, as can the prose versions of all three stories (especially since dietl provided some links).

The graphic novels are currently out of print but are being reprinted soon (by an imprint of Amzon, actaully).

I sincerely doubt the Marvel/Dabel hardcover versions are worth anything near $400. Somone might be offering to sell them for that, but they are not that rare (as far as I know).

• 2 months later...

Thank you.

So if I am following you correctly it's going to cost over $100 to order all three?

I'm not opposed to that, I just want to make sure I am missing something.

Buy them used...

BTW: If you're into fantasy, read the whole anthologies! Legends is one of the best anthologies I've ever read!

Content of Legends:

The Little Sisters of Eluria - Stephen King (The Dark Tower)

Debt of Bones - Terry Goodkind (The Sword of Truth)

Grinning Man - Orson Scott Card (The Tales of Alvin Maker)

The Seventh Shrine - Robert SIlverberg (Majipoor)

Dragonfly - Ursula K. Le Guin (Earthsea)

The Wood Boy - Raymond E. Feist (The Riftwar Saga)

The Sea and Little Fishes - Terry Pratchett (Discworld)

The Hedge Knight - George R.R. Martin (A Song of Ice and Fire)

The Burning Man - Tad Williams (Memory, Sorrow and Thorn)

Runner of Pern - Anne McCaffrey (Dragonriders of Pern)

New Spring - Robert Jordan (The Wheel of Time)

As you can see, 'Legends' features stories from some of the best writers of the best series in the SFF genre. Just buy it. It's definitly worth it.

Archived