Bakker XXVI: Atrocious predictions, piled

Borque

Not Maithanet. The thing that was Maithanet.

Exactly. And Maitha and Moe are working in secret on the Yes-God. It is known.

(Such puny concepts as "logic" or "evidence" are clearly not enough to discard HE's theory. It's too hilarious.)

Are you suggesting that Maithanet was replaced with a skin-spy? Why wouldn't Kellhus or Theliopia notice when they came in contact with Maitha in WLW?

The switch was made after Kellhus came and went, and Theliopa's been captured. But his face didn't open up because it had been glued together, obviously, which is why Esmenet noticed the bad dye job on his beard.

You know, the skin-spies don't make much sense when you think about it. Their faces open, but they still have teeth beneath them. What if they have to impersonate a toothless man? Or someone with rotting teeth?

And what about hair? Does it all just fall out and new hair grows? Is the hair made of nanofibers? If so, what kind? What about the boobies?

AND WHY WOULDN'T THEY MAKE SKIN-SPIES WITH VAGINAS? I mean come on. You have the ultimate spy. The ultimate covert agent, expert provocateur and seductionist. But you can't give them a pussy?

The Consult has some 'splaining to do, far as I'm concerned.

What do you mean they don't make skin-spies with vaginas? What did the Esmi and Serwë spies have?

Dicks. They all have dicks. I know that sounds like I'm joking but it's true. We don't really know why. Most theories I've seen have been rather unsatisfactory.

ETA:

pendulous phalloi filled with fuligin seminal fluids?

Fuligin semen. You never cease to amaze.

You know, the skin-spies don't make much sense when you think about it. Their faces open, but they still have teeth beneath them. What if they have to impersonate a toothless man? Or someone with rotting teeth?

And what about hair? Does it all just fall out and new hair grows? Is the hair made of nanofibers? If so, what kind? What about the boobies?

AND WHY WOULDN'T THEY MAKE SKIN-SPIES WITH VAGINAS? I mean come on. You have the ultimate spy. The ultimate covert agent, expert provocateur and seductionist. But you can't give them a pussy?

The Consult has some 'splaining to do, far as I'm concerned.

There was the case of the French diplomat falling in love with a 'woman', having what he assumed was vaginal sex, and finding out later she was a he and a spy to boot.

if they all have dicks, it's for the same reason the FACE opens up and there's a TINY head with TEETH

because "Awesome" and because "dude!" and because "that's so fuuuuucked up"

It is useful at times to remember that beneath the veneer of philosophy and holier-than-genre attitude, Bakker came up with this when he was fourteen playing D&D.

Didn't Bakker say that Istriya had been replaced a long time ago. So Ikerui was raised by a Skin Spy. The books also tell us that Ikurie fucked Istriya before. Wouldn't he have noticed a cock? Surely the Skin Spy had already decided to kill Ikurei - otherwise how would it have successfully hidden a cock all this time only to accidentally reveal it?

Are we certain that ALL skin spies must have a phallus?

Bakker has never said when istriya was replaced. There are good hints in the book that place the replacement in twp.

All skin spies that have played women have a cock. That's all we know.

All skin spies having a cock is a pretty big giveaway! Thanks Kalbear.

I am certain I read an article where Bakker stated Istriya was replaced a long time ago (as in before the events of the book) I think I saw it over on Three Seas - I may be wrong. Although the two are not exclusive of each other.

Maybe the firmware for re-growing a new face is in the cock. Stick your phallus in an Inchoroi to get an instant firmware upgrade! Haha

I don't think it's confirmed that they all have cocks. The Serwë-spy in TTT with Cnaiur seems to be a full-on woman.

CRACKPOT. There are no Inchie females, they reproduce some other way. The Womb Plague was an accident caused by the Inchies having no understanding of the differences between male and female physiology. Sranc having females is an accident caused by using Nonman stock to create them - other "purer" creations are male-only.

I don't think it's confirmed that they all have cocks. The Serwë-spy in TTT with Cnaiur seems to be a full-on woman.
Evidence? That one specifically rapes Biaxii after killing all his men.

Don't we already know this? Isn't Moya the Ark their mother?

Well, we have hints. I personally lean towards the theory that the Ark was something they built to sustain themselves and reproduce AFTER they left their homeworld (by which point genetic engineering made genders obsolete).

Archived