Video Games: The Real Thread That Never Ends

Relic

Wait, where do you find these deathclaws? I'm on my 1st playthrough, level 26, and I haven't seen a single deathclaw. I'm almost itching to see and kill one for the first time.

Trust me, you don't wanna go looking for deathclaws. That's a huge mistake, especially early on if you're still low level. Those bastards usually travel in packs. They're really fast, can take a lot of punishment, and deal a lot of damage. Hunting deathclaws should be like, the last thing you do in New Vegas. Reach the level cap, pimp out some guns, and then go looking for deathclaws.

Also, I could be wrong cause it's been a while since I last played New Vegas, but taking the deathclaw route to the Strip (which everyone says not to take) kind of ruins the game. For me, at least. It's basically a shortcut to New Vegas, and you'll miss out on loads of interesting quests. This might sounds dumb, but it's about the journey, not the destination.

Trust me, you don't wanna go looking for deathclaws. That's a huge mistake, especially early on if you're still low level. Those bastards usually travel in packs. They're really fast, can take a lot of punishment, and deal a lot of damage. Hunting deathclaws should be like, the last thing you do in New Vegas. Reach the level cap, pimp out some guns, and then go looking for deathclaws.

I always loathed that Great Khan mission requiring you to speak with one of the lieutenant people in that area. So many reloaded saves....

Also, I could be wrong cause it's been a while since I last played New Vegas, but taking the deathclaw route to the Strip (which everyone says not to take) kind of ruins the game. For me, at least. It's basically a shortcut to New Vegas, and you'll miss out on loads of interesting quests. This might sounds dumb, but it's about the journey, not the destination.

Is the deathclaw route where you go up the highway to New Vegas? Because I went down Cazadore Lane at lvl.6 to get to New Vegas. Made me thankful to be a cannibal.

Is the deathclaw route where you go up the highway to New Vegas? Because I went down Cazadore Lane at lvl.6 to get to New Vegas. Made me thankful to be a cannibal.

Well, the highway past Sloan, yeah. But the game doesn't really want you going that way, or through Cazador space to get New Vegas the first time. You're supposed to go the Primm-Nipton-Novac route, which is much easier and filled with quests for some easy leveling.

The final mission on Alpha Protocol is really badly laid-out. A bug meant that I went through the wrong door and had to leave an allied character to die. When I reloaded, I found the game's autosave had saved after that moment. So I have to go right to the start of the mission (10 minutes + of cut-scenes away, even on fast-forward, plus a fair chunk of combat) and pray it doesn't balls up again next time.

This game had such amazing potential though. Shame the gameplay wasn't a bit stronger and they'd been able to fix some more of the bugs. But it's still an excellent game.

Path of Exile

Titan Quest.

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

I've been meaning to try Path of Exile and Titan Quest for a while. Prolly past time.

I've played Amalur before, in fact I still have it installed :cool4:

So I didn't sleep from Wednesday night until Saturday morning, then realized I had eaten literally, besides maybe as many as 5 Oreos, nothing from afore mentioned Wednesday until a few hours ago... Disturbing revelation, so I of course went out and grabbed some Popeyes!

Anyways, this isn't a food thread. My upset eating/sleeping schedule caused me to dust off the '360', chase the spiders (I HATE SPIDERS, THAT WAS A JOKE AND THEN TYPING IT CREEPED ME OUT!) away from the 'Need for Speed: Most Wanted' case, and get back to it.

I'm so glad I did. I love this game. Love Love Love. However, I immediately noticed something was wrong. It was the black Toyota Supra. Now I've been a Honda girl since I realized the boys weren't the only ones who could rev the engine ;) but there's not a real honda selection in this particular game, so I had to go with the Mitsubishi Lancer. Which is fine by me, because while I love the Honda's sportier engines and feel, and of course appreciate the aesthetics of the cars, I like the Lancer (early 2000's models) bodies even more than I like the Honda Civics and the oh-my-god S2000.

So, enough gushing about cars parts because you're all nerds :P I got a Lancer, game doesn't say but I'm guessing about 2002-ish, pinked it up with some awesomely clashing blue decals, aqua window tint, plasti-dipped hood, and light blue powdered rims. And go, girl! :)

Needless to say (for speed ;) PUN), nostalgia game-rant well enjoyed. Happy gaming, everyone. :)

I would spend hours in that game just doing epic pursuits with cops. I don't think I ever even finished it, I found the races pretty boring in comparison. If I'm remembering right, my car of choice was the Lamborghini Gallardo. It is a fantastic game, I think I would go back and play it every now and then but there's something up with my disc and I get some weird Asian error message when I put it in - I even bought it from a legit store. All my 360 games that were actually bought from dodgy Asian stores work fine haha

I've been playing a bit more of Titanfall.

I think this is a fantastically fun game, for about a 2 hour span.

The actual physical gameplay with the speed of the pilots and the stumpy smashy of the Titans is fantastic. I just don't feel as if there is enough there. Limited weapons(both titan and pilots), limited customization and nothing that really changes how I play makes it for a very short play session each time I do feel like going back to it.

I will say though that I would love to see a RPG/FPS hybrid set in the world created. Some of the map descriptions leaves me with desires to actually run around this world.

In between my short boughts in Titanfall I jump back into FTL.

That game is still fantastically evil in every way.

The enhanced edition is nice with the additions of the new ship and some of the new gadgets/weapons. I'm currently in the process of trying to get the "C" model for each ship, but damn, this game is a dick.

Archived