Mad Men Season 7: Once a hobo, always a hobo (Spoilers) (Now including part 2)

Rhom

We are just around the corner from the beginning of the final season of Mad Men. (Sorta.)

Came across my Facebook feed with yet another airplane themed image today. If it is indeed an homage to the DB Cooper theory; they are definitely laying it on pretty thick.

Loved the pictures in the first link above. Really looking forward to where the show goes over the next few weeks.

I'm looking forward to it and dreading it at the same time. I'll be so sad to not have Mad Men to look forward to.

That's how I feel as well. I will definitely miss Don and Company.

I'm looking forward to it and dreading it at the same time. I'll be so sad to not have Mad Men to look forward to.

I third this, but as much as I'll miss it, I'd still prefer the entire last season to air this year. This split final season is going to be brutal, I think even worse than Breaking Bad's for me.

Not terribly relevant, but still hilarious, here's Jon Hamm on a 90's dating show! He doesn't win, apparently he was just a little bit too 90s.

If he'd gotten a haircut and a suit it just wouldn't have been fair, he had to go in character as "awkward 90s guy".

God... how did we ever think that was a good look?!!?

• 2 weeks later...

Just a couple more hours until Pete Campbell and his receding hairline make their glorious return.

Also, I'm editing the first post to allow spoilers as we go.

I'm not sure on the exact year. But doesn't seem like it's been long since last season.

So I get the impression that Megan doesn't

Know that Don got canned? Thought for a second that Pete had brought Betty Draper into the room! :lol:

Really enjoyed that episode. Great opening for the swan song.

I never could quite place the actress on the plane, then saw in the credits that it was Neve Campbell. Holy Cow! Have not seen her in anything in a long time and I guess in my mind she'll perpetually be the gal from Wild Things.

Oh my god, thank you - I knew I recognized her but also couldn't place her. Thought it was Kate Mara for a minute.

Good episode, but I think I should've rewatched a bit before. I can't remember why Don was sent on LOA, can't remember how he and Megan left their relationship, no clue who this Lou guy is (new creative director?) and also don't know why Peggy is so upset.

I know! I spent most of the episode going, "Wha...?"

Don was put on indefinite leave due to his showing up falling down drunk for several important occasions (remember a certain funeral anyone?) AND his "shitting the bed" at an important meeting with Hershey's executives where he famously told everyone that he grew up in a whorehouse (embarrassing, but not that bad) and didn't think Hershey's needed an ad agency (MUCH worse.)

I have no idea, however, who the hell Lou is. All I know is that he's very irritating. Oh, and I was massively confused by Joanie's whole interaction with the shoe manufacturer guy. I know she went to bone up on the industry, etc., at some college (I think) and that the guy was pissed off because Ken didn't come to the meeting, but other than that, I don't know what the hell was going on.

But I massively enjoyed the episode anyway.

ETA: And Megan and Don left their relationship sorta unresolved. He told her he wasn't going to California (after he was placed on indefinite leave by Sterling Cooper) and she kinda blew up because she had already quit her job. She left their apartment saying she had to be alone for a while.

I take it she's unaware he's actually not currently working. In fact, didn't he also lie to Neve Campbell on the plane, saying he had to go to work?? :confused:

This episode definitely warrants another watching. At the end of it, when Don and Freddie are talking, it becomes clear that Don is supplying Freddie with ideas to pitch. I didn't catch what the deal between the two of them is, though. Is Don just keeping his hand in, or what?

Don was a complete train wreck and told the Hershey's guys that he grew up in a whore house and they didn't want him selling their candy.

He told Megan he'd take the LA job so they could start over. She quit her job, but then Ted Chaugh begged Don to let him go to LA so he wouldn't leave his wife for Peggy.

Megan got pissed at Don. Then Don had the surprise meeting with the shareholders.

Lou was coming in for an interview when Don was leaving.

I'd say Peggy is frustrated because she gave up her "life as a woman" to advance her career and now a boring old hack is ignoring her.

I know! I spent most of the episode going, "Wha...?"

Don was put on indefinite leave due to his showing up falling down drunk for several important occasions (remember a certain funeral anyone?) AND his "shitting the bed" at an important meeting with Hershey's executives where he famously told everyone that he grew up in a whorehouse (embarrassing, but not that bad) and didn't think Hershey's needed an ad agency (MUCH worse.)

I have no idea, however, who the hell Lou is. All I know is that he's very irritating. Oh, and I was massively confused by Joanie's whole interaction with the shoe manufacturer guy. I know she went to bone up on the industry, etc., at some college (I think) and that the guy was pissed off because Ken didn't come to the meeting, but other than that, I don't know what the hell was going on.

But I massively enjoyed the episode anyway.

My takeon the Joan story is that the kid with the MBA is trying to cut corners. Joan knows its a mistake, but doesn't know the lingo or how to defeat his arguments. She meets with the business professor to find out how to defuse those talking points. She apparently wowed him with her business knowledge. I think we'll be seeing more of him. When she talked to the kid on the phone again, she basically told him why he fucked up. After being emasculated by what he likely saw as an up jumped secretary, he lashed out.

Kenny was the interesting revelation there for me. He's a wreck and probably the most changed character on the whole show for me.

Also, saw an interview with Vincent Karthauser. He actually shaves his hairline back to make

It look that way. Was bizarre to she him with basically a five o'clock shadow on his forehead!

My takeon the Joan story is that the kid with the MBA is trying to cut corners. Joan knows its a mistake, but doesn't know the lingo or how to defeat his arguments. She meets with the business professor to find out how to defuse those talking points. She apparently wowed him with her business knowledge. I think we'll be seeing more of him. When she talked to the kid on the phone again, she basically told him why he fucked up. After being emasculated by what he likely saw as an up jumped secretary, he lashed out.

Kenny was the interesting revelation there for me. He's a wreck and probably the most changed character on the whole show for me.

Also, saw an interview with Vincent Karthauser. He actually shaves his hairline back to make

It look that way. Was bizarre to she him with basically a five o'clock shadow on his forehead!

Kenny IS a wreck. He's gone from the smooth and confident together guy to someone whose nerves look jangled and is apparently lashing out at anyone in his way. His bumping into the cabinet on the way out at the end made it clear what's tormenting him.

WHAT'S UP WITH ROGER???? Looks like he's hooked up with some swinger hippies or something. He was definitely involved in some orgy there! His daughter, of course, is as irritating as always. She must be into one of the many life-examining courses that were big around that time.

I'd say Peggy is frustrated because she gave up her "life as a woman" to advance her career and now a boring old hack is ignoring her.

I don't think she regrets giving up her "life as a woman." :lol: The fact that a boring old hack is ignoring her is something else entirely.

But why did she reject the clearly superior line Freddy first gave her for the one she presented? Then she goes back on it and presents the original line??

That, to me, says that she wants to be responsible for coming up with the winning line herself. At the end of last season she's hanging out in Don's old office. Who's inhabiting it now?

Archived