Are the Starks Out?

Sansa, mentally, spiritually has become more of a Stark now then she ever was before. She was a naive, foolish girl who never appreciated her family and her true people (Northmen and Northwomen) until she experienced all that she has to this point. She is almost in tears when it snows in the Vale because of her heart is longing for Winterfell. She even misses Jon Snow, whom she seemed to have taken after her semi - bitch mother in disliking him. Sansa, will never return there I think. That must be her punishment. She will, however, be a harbinger of revenge to one degree or another. She will meet Arya again I believe, but not any of her brothers.

Actually no. Sansa always identified herself as a Stark and was proud of her identity. In fact if you bothered to pay real attention in her chapters then you would have noticed in her third chapter of AGOT she glows with pride when she sees the Northern men leave with Beric Dondarrion to bring Gregor to justice. That doesn't sound like someone who didn't value the Northerners. So what you say is completely invalid. Again there is no textual evidence that Sansa disliked Jon. She was conscious of the different status they had, but it is made quite clear they love each other. They might not be the closest of the family, but there was without a doubt love between them since they think pretty fondly of each other. Pretty funny you actually think that. In fact it is quite obvious that Sansa will be the most likely Stark to return to Winterfell before this story ends. Mainly because of she started in the series: yearning for the south, wolfless, liking Cersei and Joffrey. All narratives are circular and they always lead to rome and the "rome"of this series is the Wall. Mark my words Sansa will definitely go to Winterfell.

I dunno. I mean, Jon obviously has a thing for feminine men, Sansa's totally ending up with Brienne, Nedbert is practically canon, as is Robb/Theon but Bran is obviously straight for Meera and Brandon seems to have been aggressively heterosexual, so on the whole, no the Starks aren't out.

Rickard however is flaming.*

*I'm so sorry.

I dunno. I mean, Jon obviously has a thing for feminine men, Sansa's totally ending up with Brienne, Nedbert is practically canon, as is Robb/Theon but Bran is obviously straight for Meera and Brandon seems to have been aggressively heterosexual, so on the whole, no the Starks aren't out.

Rickard however is flaming.*

*I'm so sorry.

:owned:

What on earth do you have to be sorry about? Quit it. :D

IMHO Sansa will go back to Winterfell where she will eventually kill Littlefinger. First for the background facts that support my theory.

LF has always been obsessed by Catelyn since they were children. He deeply resents having his advances spurned by her, which he always presumed was due to his low born status. Thus he had devoted his life to changing his status. He did. He became one of the most powerful players in TGOT. When Sansa first arrived in KL, LF mentioned how Sansa looks just like Cat did in her youth, only even more beautiful. On the night of Sansa's escape we learn that LF was responsible for framing Tyrion for King Joffrey's death to release her from marriage and get Tyrion out of the picture. Aboard the escape ship he tells her, "There was a time when Cat was all I wanted in this world. I dared to dream of the life we might make and the children she would give me... but she was a daughter of Riverrun, and Hoster Tully. Family, Duty, Honor, Sansa. Family, Duty, Honor meant I could never have her hand. But she gave me something finer, a gift a woman can give but once. How could I turn my back upon her daughter?" (creepy, huh?) LF is staking his claim on Sansa, and starting to try and ingratiate her toward him for "saving" her.

LF's motives become even more clear in the snow castle scene. The snow castle Sansa is building is Winterfell. When LF sees it, he asks Sansa if he may "come into her castle." As we know, the children's game "May I Come Into Your Castle" was often mentioned in adult conversation as a metaphor for sex. LF does go into the castle and help Sansa build it, and then forces an unwanted kiss on Sansa. He will later extort more kisses from her, even going so far as to try and get her to sit in his lap. (creepy, huh? Sansa is only 13) Now, here is why I think LF will die in Winterfell at Sansa's hands. Robert Arryn comes out with his doll to play. Sansa tells him not to go into the castle because he is ruining it. Rob demands to come into her castle and demands she open her gates. Sansa refuses and Rob reacts, ' "Tromp, tromp. I'm a giant, I'm a giant," he chanted. "Ho ho ho, open your gates or I'll mash them and smash them." In the adult metaphor of the child's game, (need I say it?) 'opening the gates' refers to a woman opening her legs for penetration. Then Rob starts wrecking Sansa's castle with his doll-giant. Sansa grabs hold of the doll by the head to stop the destruction, and the "giant's" head rips off. Robert then screams hysterically at Sansa for killing the doll-giant. LF's ancestral sigil is the Titan, a huge stone giant that gaurds Braavos. LF continues to ingratiate Sansa with his plot to marry her to Harry the Heir in order to make her Lady of the Eyrie and the Vale as well as the force to take Winterfell back. LF tells Sansa, "So those are your gifts from me, my sweet Sansa... Harry, the Eyrie, and Winterfell. That's worth another kiss now, don't you think?"

Now with that background, here's the theory. LF already says he intends to win Winterfell back for Sansa. That will open opportunity for them to be there together in the future. I suspect that while they are there, LF will try to have sex with Sansa and when Sansa refuses, try to force her. At that point, Sansa will kill him (or have him killed). Bet he gets beheaded too. Whew, and here I thought this was a simple idea.

I don't really think that she lost her starkness i think she had to focus on surviving in the capital. What we refer to as starkness is simply a word to describe a person's quality of character. Sansa was initially a vain little girl who only cared about getting her fairtale ending...her time in the vale has made her realize how important family is to her, she even reflects on missing Jon

Lady's death emphasizes how her arrival to the capital will destroy the naive girl she once was, the one who believed in fairy tales being true, romances being courtous and such, and will harshly open her eyes to the real world.

I don't understand why people always think Sansa "lost" her "Stark"-element over the series. The way some people say it, it's as if she was the true villain who killed the Starks instead of Baelish or Cersei.

Without a doubt, Sansa will be the Stark to return to Winterfell, without a doubt. She's not been preserved through all the shenanigans for anything less, and remember that the whole point of Littlefinger's machinations with her is (or was) to hold the key to the North (as he saw it).

Once Bolton is ousted (which I think will happen pretty quickly given the Stannis battle setup), somehow the path will be free for her to return and maybe even rebuild.

Arya is the level 60 Rogue Assassin to come, she'll die or kill herself when she feels her job is done. Jon has other fish to fry, and he'll probably die a hero. Sansa is going to end up as the Starkiest of Starks (in the sense of keeping some continuity with the family as it was), and she may well end up as the last Stark (of the ones we know well) alive at the end of the story (Rickon may be around too, though more likely he'll just be killed in passing).

If for no other reason than she was the most unlikely to be in that position at the start of the book, she was almost kind of invisible to start with.

I can see easily her and Rickon rebuilding Winterfell and being the "Starks" who rule in the end. I can't see Arya or Jon going back in such a manner (their stories lead to different paths), and Bran's stuck in a tree, so...

Every single Stark has gone through the ringer. An old Buddhist saying reminds us that in order to remove the impurities in gold, it must be submitted to the fire over and over again,. Similarly, assuming the Starks' trials are meant to stiffen them for what's to come, I can't help but thinking the survivors will save Westeros in the much anticipated remaining books.

Archived