TTTNE424 Its been a Hard Days Night Eight Days a Week Happy Birthday Koba

Gillio

Just finished watching Dogma (which is a brilliant film, if you haven't seen it,) I'm pretty sure if Matt Damon were here (and consenting) he'd get it. So in honor of the film I give you Alanis Morissette (she appears as god at the end.)

And for added points Pete Yorn (who is fucking god-damn gorgeous)

I love Dogma.

But then I'm a sucker for anything Kevin Smith has ever done pretty much.

It's funny on it's own merit not just the religious stuff.

It'd got fairly decent acting and plot in Damon and Affleck.

Then the religious stuff never seems to be completely on the nose, aimed at people of faith, more what we've done with our beliefs.

*stumbles hungover into the TTTNE to see if there's any left over coffee. Realizes she linked the wrong thing...she meant to link Cinderella's 'Shelter Me' video.

Umm....can you delete that link? It was meant for Evermind only.

Hey Bro! Could you also delete the same link? It was meant for another thread.

Keep it down guys. I have a headache :P

*staggers back to bed with a pitcher of ice water and closes the curtains*

Bex, I think it's time for us to revive (ourselves with) the hangover cure thread.

:puts a cold can of sprite on ice next to Bex's bed beside 4 200mg ibuprofen tablets:

Just finished watching Dogma (which is a brilliant film, if you haven't seen it,) I'm pretty sure if Matt Damon were here (and consenting) he'd get it. So in honor of the film I give you Alanis Morissette (she appears as god at the end.)

And for added points Pete Yorn (who is fucking god-damn gorgeous)

I love Dogma. I love Matt Damon. That movie is funny as all get out. Although it would have been nice if they'd had one Catholic edit the script a little bit. I can't complain though, Hollywood never has a single scientist (or high school graduate) edit most of their scripts. IT'S VERY FUNNY!

I have an announcement:

Fasten your heaters Eastern US PEOPLE.

Bex and Lany, you guys always get my weather and last night it got VERY COLD.

The only plus sides I can see is that it's only supposed to be a 36 hour cold snap AND it means my little cat will sleep under the covers with me one more time this spring.

Many good pages of spam, spammies.

Rhae, GET BACK TO WORK! :lol: When I was in my last year of undergrad I had 3 labs both semesters. Three lab reports a week to write. I ended up starting a Diaryland blog. (Yes, I'm that old). I needed a break from the dry academic writing. To me, seeing your posts get longer actually means you're probably getting a lot done. Keep typing!

Lany, I totally love you're rockin workout posts. The giant teen company can be really annoying sometimes, as they stay up all night and wake me up over and over. Sunday night, they thought they heard an intruder at 5am and went crashing through the whole house carrying baseball bats and stray hammers. If there's an intruder in the yard, wake mom. Don't piss mom off! I didn't get back to sleep until 730. To clarify, I work until 10pm, so I usually sleep until 730 or 8. I was beat all day. Anyway, apparently all my flapping and squawking about melodramatic adolescent machismo behavior scared several of them off and I've been down to 2 for the last couple of days.

Even 2 eat like locusts. Sure makes cleaning out the fridge easy. :lol:

Mr. Fling gets home tomorrow. Time? I don't know. Probably early in the morning. I probably have to go get him. His last minute schedule stuff drives me nuts. I have annoying habits too, but DAMN. Ok, I have damn annoying habits too. :leaving:

Love you all.

I love Dogma. I love Matt Damon. That movie is funny as all get out. Although it would have been nice if they'd had one Catholic edit the script a little bit. I can't complain though, Hollywood never has a single scientist (or high school graduate) edit most of their scripts. IT'S VERY FUNNY!

Kevin Smith, the guy who wrote and directed it, is a Catholic :P

come here you ! it'll get better , trust me .

how are you all ? i miss you . i see you there Cat *hug*

ever get that feeling when the back of your head is so heavy with thoughts , no ? well that's how i'm feeling , pieces and fragments all over the place . there's a crystal chandelier in my dining room , a big one just like this , as i was cleaning i realized , ya, it's a pretty chandelier , beautiful but i never see it except when i clean it , because i never eat in my dining room , and then i sat down and wondered why i don't and i couldn't think of any reason why ... i'm not usually puzzled like this , i live in the wilderness of the fragments of my mind . it is a... a wild place , not nearly as orderly as it's external functions portray but nonetheless not finding an answer in that wilderness felt weird . this is my den is it not ? how can i not have the answer ? and then the answer came , IT IS my den and i decided that i wanna see that chandelier every day , and now i eat in my dining room and the wilderness is satisfied .

I loved reading this post. You made me smile, tater. And I liked you links. :love:

When editing this I just noticed that you sent me a hug - I didn't see it the first time through. :grouphug:

@ mighty potato, HC, Zar, Arya kiddin',HelenaAndTheMachine, The BB, Bex, LadyQ, Fragile Bird http://capitacinco.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/group-hug.gif :)

:grouphug: You always have the cutest gifs!

Hello. =o)

So nice to see all of you.

A :kiss: for the ladies and a :grouphug: for all of you.

I'm never here when you are, L_T. Here's a :kiss: for you in the morning.

half squat, jump scissor kick? :eek:

This sounds almost dangerous! :eek:

Then I re-read and a free-association occurred in my mind: I read squat halfman running with scissors. Now that might be even more dangerous.

Went to my Grandpa's yesterday, and I'm staying there for a few days. He lives next to the sea, and I wanted to take a few pictures of it along with the gigantic moon, but sadly my phone is so bad at taking pictures. It has been mostly comfortable to be here with my Grandpa, though also a little dull. My brothers only wants to play on the Ipad, and I could too, but I want to do something with my Grandpa, since it's not often that we visit him, and he is lonely. We owe him that much.

This made my day Nero. Believe me, you will never regret a single moment you spend bonding with your Grandpa. :love:

Good morning all, LadyQ, Lily.

Not even with this dog?

Yes, the beautiful baby is me

Or this one?

Gawd! You were a very cute child Kungs :lol: *giggles uncontrollably*

Good afternoon everyone!

Went to the KFC again today It's a ritual where I go with classmates on a school day today once every fortnight or so. (In breaks between classes, don't worry )

I'm going to watch the new ep with my parents tonight. Curious to see my unsullied father's reaction, and my sullied mother's opinion.

Minimal spoilers for S2 fof GOT:

My father isn't the most attentive viewer, so I doubt he'll regognize most folks at the wedding. I remember that, when I watched the S2 premiere with him, you have the scene where Stannis writes a letter detailing J&C's incest, and Joffrey being born of it. And my father looked at me with a surprised face, "son, is that true?" "Yes, dad" I said, "they revealed that half a season ago, remember?"
Dad: *blank stare*
'It was why Ned didn't want Joffrey on the throne! Why they imprisoned him!"
Dad: *blank stare* 'Uhm, yes... I remember, sure...'

And two weeks ago I asked him if he remembered what had happened last season on GOT, this time he did have an answer: "Yes, well, they all went to Terminus, and then...'
'Dad, that's from The Walking Dead!'
'...Oh.'

And of course, according to unsullied tradtions, Tyrion's name is Halfman and Dany's name is Khaleesi. But I kinda enjoy explaining everything to him, as long as I don't need to do it with every new episode

Lol. Your dad is a very casual viewer apparently, same as mine. I can never watch anything with him that needs remembering any specifics.

Talking about how I previously did gymnastics made me.want to see what I was still able to do. Managed right and left leg splits, bridge, neck roll (it looks gross to watch, forward and backward walkovers, few other things. I'm thinking of going to a leisure centre nearby where they let you mess around on their gymnastics equipment now, I want to do tumbling vault and bars again
ETA: No-one saw Bex. Truly

Wow, you were a gymnast? That's cool. Another thing I didn't have the heart to do in life (or maybe I'm inherently lazy :dunno: )

I'm in a bit of a reflective mood this morning (not a bad thing at all).

My bil's grandmother passed away in Tehran over the weekend. She was 103.

I just wrote an email to her daughter, also in Iran, expressing condolences and in the process thinking a little bit about history.

Many of you, my fellow spammers are not yet 20, or barely over. I wonder if you'll find your view of history changes when you hit 30, as it did for me. I often play a game in my mind remembering back to the earliest things I remember when I was 5 and then flipping the years. For example, at 30 I could remember back 25 years to what it was like in America in 1957 - the milkman delivering to your house, the tail fins on the cars, the leather clad teens with their ducktails - then flip back 25 years before that - to 1932. What was that like? Let's see, my mother would have been 12, my father 27 (and still in college!) and my grandad still alive at that point (but only for another year). The great depression had the nation - the world in fact - in its grip and FDR's election resulted from that.

By looking at history that way, time shrank. Things that had seemed impossibly distant in the past, quickly started to feel much closer and more present. Not only by looking at what my parents and other relatives would have been doing at that time, but seeing the connections in my own life.

As I said, I don't know how you guys think about history or if you do. These things interest me quite a bit. Which is why I love your personal stories whenever you care to tell them.

Can I be one of the spammers barely over 20 ? (this is just intended to make you chuckle at least a bit... it's always a downer to know about someone pass away). When I was about to hit the 30 mark, I think I finally understood what my paternal grandmother used to say about herself which I often thought of as a paradigm: she used to tell us that despite the physical appearance she had, and the years she had lived, she still thought of herself as the young mother of 2 that would go to the park in Sunday to take her toddlers out to play... (and she had more children... it was just to illustrate how she perceived herself to be). It just made sense one day.

Reflecting upon my not-so-distant 20s, I've noticed one eventually gains a different perspective at things... I think over time, I've turned more empathetic and a bit more traditionalist. I've never really been reckless or impulsive (maybe a bit snippy when younger if prodded). But I'm a lot more analytic about those things now... it's like seeing them in full depth (or in different dimensions), as opposed to seeing them unilaterally.

As for time my years in grad-school feel like a decade; my years post-grad school don't feel as long yet have been many more... I think it has to do a lot with the routine.

And, I know what you're saying... sometimes when I stroll through the Capital I look back at what it used to be when I was a kid (the roundabout that is no more, the park that has been closed in favor of a building, the new park that has been open in favor of an empty lot, the birth of a non-existing skyline 15 years ago, the tree that has died in the yard)... and the burst of Lannisport from being a series of scattered houses to almost a medium sized town with facilities that weren't in the proximity when I first moved here 10 years ago... and that's just looking at it from my personal historic POV... I mean, the marriages of both grand-parental sides went through two authoritarian governments (one was a dictatorship, the other was not exactly a dictatorship, but close enough), and as a kid I experienced the full immersion of a relatively isolated country (where close to nothing was imported) become very much globalized (where finding something local is actually the challenge).

I think about it sometimes. I don;t know but living in a country that is still progressing is a challenge as well as a perk. It is as if I can observe the whole spectrum of things, then be thankful for what I have and strive for what I don't. I have been called inconstant by so many people, the reason is my views keep on changing, everyday adds another layer to my understanding of the world. So what you mention as seeing everything so deeply is a very gradual process, but I can experience it. I've seen many parks closed to make way for bulidings too, and many stadiums turned to parks. :lol: I see contrast as well, poor naked hungry children running on a fast highway after a BMW, laborers working for two square meals to build grandiose shopping malls for the uber rich. The same way you get to witness the heights of compassion and hatred too, it changes you completely. My grandparents witnessed the partition of their country, my maternal grandfather lost everything he owned in Pakistan. And my parents witnessed extreme religious riots, a terrorist war, and a communal war with Pakistan, one that left my grandpa deaf because of a bomb dropped in the market by an airplane. I also experienced going from a full theist route to full atheist, and now I'm left in between where I don;t know what to believe, or whether or not I'm supposed to believe in anything. When I sometimes in my head put all of this together in the background my day-to-day problems don't even compare to that, and that sort of drives me. And I like myself, coz I talk to myself a lot. :P

@ mighty potato, HC, Zar, Arya kiddin',HelenaAndTheMachine, The BB, Bex, LadyQ, Fragile Bird http://capitacinco.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/group-hug.gif

@The King http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lsmtkcgjmY1qb7edk.gif

How are you spammerials?

Hullo QC, we see you properly in TTTNE after too long a time :cheers:

Monsta post and emoticon execution coming...

Monster post indeed. Congrats on finally completing your thesis, I literally danced when I completed my final year project report. :commie:

Its fricking cold this morning! I feel like shouting 'Its April in Augusta, not November!'

Who do I get to blame for this cold snap? Good thing I didn't put the tomatoes and peppers in this week like I planned.

*flips on TV* 39F. Brrr.....

Its fricking cold this morning! I feel like shouting 'Its April in Augusta, not November!'

Who do I get to blame for this cold snap? Good thing I didn't put the tomatoes and peppers in this week like I planned.

*flips on TV* 39F. Brrr.....

*Seats Bex on the couch, lights a fire in the fireplace, pours whiskey in two glasses and plays "Light my Fire" on the guitar, pleading to her selfish self with an 'Ayy Girl' expression *

Rhae, GET BACK TO WORK! :lol: When I was in my last year of undergrad I had 3 labs both semesters. Three lab reports a week to write. I ended up starting a Diaryland blog. (Yes, I'm that old). I needed a break from the dry academic writing. To me, seeing your posts get longer actually means you're probably getting a lot done. Keep typing!

Mr. Fling gets home tomorrow. Time? I don't know. Probably early in the morning. I probably have to go get him. His last minute schedule stuff drives me nuts. I have annoying habits too, but DAMN. Ok, I have damn annoying habits too. :leaving:

It feels absolutely amazing to write normal stuff after tons of academic stuff :agree: Btw, I finished on Monday :commie: Did cover pages and list of sources, have yet do so a couple corrections and figure/table editing, but the writing is finally over :devil: Hence the time and energy to write shit here :lol:

You two are the perfect annoying habits couple :D :D

This made my day Nero. Believe me, you will never regret a single moment you spend bonding with your Grandpa. :love:

Yeah, I agree. Soon he may not be here any longer :frown5:

*peeps into TTTNE. Catches sight of Bex and AK canoodling. Ducks ot of TTTNE* :leaving:

Don't be afraid - I'm here too :leer:

Archived