Football LXX - Chihuahuas Rising

Zoë Sumra

It's a funny thing. Will this season feel like it wasn't a success for Bayern if they fail to win the Champions League? They've functionally won the Bundesliga for so long that not winning the CL will mean the season ends on a downer.

It's a funny thing. Will this season feel like it wasn't a success for Bayern if they fail to win the Champions League? They've functionally won the Bundesliga for so long that not winning the CL will mean the season ends on a downer.

#firstworldproblems ;)

Gaaaah! I can't wait for Sunday. I've been on edge all week and it's getting worse.

But, despite all the anticipation, I don't plan to wake at 5:30am to watch it live. So I'll wake up, check the result because I can't possibly resist it, and then watch the game anyway either in a euphoric glow or in a sullen sulk.

Yeah damn shame I'll have to be up at dawn to watch Sundays game but up at dawn I shall be :(

I've put together a group of people to have a very early "brunch" for the game. I don't drink champagne at 7:37ish in the morning often, but when I do...it's usually because of a marquee EPL game.

lol, this should be a meme. "We have to wait a season before taking our only league rival's best striker. #bayernproblems"

I shall now use '#bayernproblems' universally in place of '#firstworldproblems'. :cheers:

Bilbao carry the English 'Athletic' form because they were part-founded by Englishmen. I've heard that there's some connection to Charlton, but I dunno how true that is.

When applied to Altetico Madrid it's just a mistake, however.

I know that Athletic Bilbao was founded by/under the influence of Englishmen.

That's why their name is AtHletic, not Atletico.

I know that Athletic Bilbao was founded by/under the influence of Englishmen.

That's why their name is AtHletic, not Atletico.

Well, technically the club was founded by Basque students who named it Athletic Club de Madrid, after Athletic Bilbao.;)

Well, technically the club was founded by Basque students who named it Athletic Club de Madrid, after Athletic Bilbao. ;)

I didn't know that. Live and learn, I guess ;)

Still, the club is now named Atletico de Madrid, isn't it?

Archived