Small Questions v 10078

Stubby

How old are Brienne and Renly at the beginning of Got?

Brienne was born in either 280 AC or 281 AC, making her 16 turning 17, or 17 turning 18 in 298AC.

Renly was born in either 277 AC or 278 AC, making him being either 19 turning 20 in 298AC, or 20 turning 21.

GoT begins a couple of months in 298AC (except for the prologue, which takes place in 297AC, and the first few Dany chapters, which take place in either late 297AC, or very early 298AC).

I haven't been able to specify either of them any further..

How many of Dunks descendants did GRRM say were in the novels? I know Brienne is 1 but I can't remember how many there are.

We dont know that Brienne is Dunk's descendant. That still remains a theory only. As for how many, I am not entirely sure, however 4 rings a bell, but I dont know if that was from GRRM or just a thread on the boards, sorry. I think it may just have been something that someone speculated on

How many of Dunks descendants did GRRM say were in the novels? I know Brienne is 1 but I can't remember how many there are.

GRRM said a descendant of Dunk would be in Feast. That's the same book where Brienne mentions having found a shield with Dunks sigil on it on Tarth, which is where the theory comes from.

However, the vision Bran sees in Dance, where a knight "as tall as Hodor" was kissing a woman, supposedly at Winterfell's godswood, has sparked the idea that this woman was Old Nan, and that the knight "as tall as Hodor" was Old Nan, meaning that Hodor would be a descendant of Dunk as well. Since the next Dunk and Egg will be taking our two heroes to Winterfell, I'll guess the Hodor theory will either be crushed there, or strongly reinforced.

We dont know that Brienne is Dunk's descendant. That still remains a theory only. As for how many, I am not entirely sure, however 4 rings a bell, but I dont know if that was from GRRM or just a thread on the boards, sorry. I think it may just have been something that someone speculated on

I think the idea that there were four was begun by a fan. IIRC we discussed this a few threads ago or maybe in one or more of the Dunk descendants threads.

I think the idea that there were four was begun by a fan. IIRC we discussed this a few threads ago or maybe in one or more of the Dunk descendants threads.

:agree: That happens every few months or so, but no one has ever provided a quote or link to said material. The SSMs are fairly vague, he never even mentions a number, just a few little quips about it is all I could find.

There is the SSM where he says something among the lines of "I gave you a pretty big clue, didn't I?" on the subject of the Dunk descendant in Feast (can't dig it up right now, sorry)

I always considered it as pretty much a validation of the theory.

There is the SSM where he says something among the lines of "I gave you a pretty big clue, didn't I?" on the subject of the Dunk descendant in Feast (can't dig it up right now, sorry)

I always considered it as pretty much a validation of the theory.

I'm not familiar with that one. However I do remember someone mentioning that they asked him if Brienne was a descendant of Dunk and the response was something like "You think I'm that obvious do you?" or words to that effect. Unfortunately, Ibdont remember what thread it was, only that it was a long time ago (before I created an account) and I also dont know how trustworthy the comment was

On Dunks descendants, I found this:

Dunk’s Descendants

[summary: ALANMAC asked if any of Dunk's descendants appear in _A Song of Ice and Fire_]

Oh maybe

Asked if he'll ever tell which character is Dunk's descendent. Got a rather acerbic, "I gave a pretty strong hint in the new book," to which I sheepishly replied "Yea, but I read it real fast, in three days."" I told him I suspected Brienne but thought that she was too obvious and that he'd be more subtle than that and he said, "You think?" Coy bastard.

But I did get up the courage to blurt out one small SoIaF query, which was if we've met a descendent of Dunk's in the SoIaF. He said yes.

The Frey's liege lord is the Tully's of Riverrun yes. Why they didnt help Riverrun is not for Small Questions as many threads exist on the matter (many of which become quite heated iirc)

A few questions, most of which are because I am too lazy to search for the answer myself.

1) what year was Balerion hatched? (i literally just read the new extract the other day and alrwady i have forgotten :( )

2) Do we know the Cannibal's age and if so what is his age?

3) Which family's seat is Rain House in the Stormlands?

Who are the freys liege lord? I thought it was Tully because of them being in the Riverlands but they are not willing to help Robb save Riverrun, which seems very strange.

Hoster Tully, and later Edmure Tully, were the overlords of the Frey's. During the War of the Five Kings, Lord Wader tells Catelyn that he did receive the summonings, but that Edmure lost the battle and got himself captured before all of Walder's men had assembled.

Lord Walder also arrived too late at the Battle of the Trident, even though Hoster had repeatedly told him to gather his strength. This is what caused Walder to get the nickname "Late Lord Walder".

The Frey's liege lord is the Tully's of Riverrun yes. Why they didnt help Riverrun is not for Small Questions as many threads exist on the matter (many of which become quite heated iirc)

A few questions, most of which are because I am too lazy to search for the answer myself.

1) what year was Balerion hatched? (i literally just read the new extract the other day and alrwady i have forgotten :( )

2) Do we know the Cannibal's age and if so what is his age?

3) Which family's seat is Rain House in the Stormlands?

1) Balerions exact year of birth or death are not yet known, all we know is that Balerio hatched before the Targaryens moved to Dragonstone (which they did in 144BC). Balerion died during the reign of Jaehaerys, before 101AC, roughly at the age of 200.2)

2) The Cannibl was the oldest of the wild dragons during the Dance, but his exact age is unknown. (his size is not a good indicator, unfortunately)

3) Rain House is the seat of House Wylde.

1) Balerions exact year of birth or death are not yet known, all we know is that Balerio hatched before the Targaryens moved to Dragonstone (which they did in 144BC). Balerion died during the reign of Jaehaerys, before 101AC, roughly at the age of 200.2)

2) The Cannibl was the oldest of the wild dragons during the Dance, but his exact age is unknown. (his size is not a good indicator, unfortunately)

3) Rain House is the seat of House Wylde.

Thank you, much appreciated as always. Was wondering because of my points in another thread

Archived