Did Theon deserve Ramsay's treatment?

LdOfWfll

I don't think Theon deserved what that psychopath Ramsay did to him. It's hard to see a person so thoroughly destroyed. But I must say that while I feel tremendous pity for him, that pity has not led to liking him as these scenarios often do. I thought he was a jackass prior to the Ramsay torture and he still hasn't moved into my like column when I think of his own transgressions. But I do feel sorry for him.

You have humanity and a soul only Lord Vordermort himself would take delight in the destruction of Theon.

I definitely think he deserved death as a punishment for all that he did. However I don't think you can say anyone deserves to be so violently dehumanised like Theon has been. Anyone that is except the very bastard responsible - the most despicable character in the entire series Ramsay Snow.

I definitely think he deserved death as a punishment for all that he did. However I don't think you can say anyone deserves to be so violently dehumanised like Theon has been. Anyone that is except the very bastard responsible - the most despicable character in the entire series Ramsay Snow.

Yer only 8 posts in, hang around awhile longer and you'll start believing that Rhaegar is the most despicable/evil character in the entire series :lol:

Ramsay deserves what Ramsay did to Theon.

As did Joffrey, and Gregor Clegane.

But Theon didn't deserve it. What he deserved was to be beheaded in front of a heart tree by Robb/Jon/Sansa/Arya.

She'd be quite capable of a simple execution, I agree that she is in no way fit to actually fight anyone.

It's pretty tough to behead somebody.

I obviously don't know this from personal experience, but in medieval times beheadings were botched all the time.

Either way, I get the sentiment, she might take a few more attempts than Robb would.

Blargh, nobody deserves that kind of torture. What injustice would it have corrected? I don't think pain is measured in newtons or fahrenheit. When Ramsay eventually kicks it (imma guessin'), I hope the stinger comes from the killer/situation more than Rammers enduring the same drawn-out pain he inflicted.

Thaaaaat said, the bloodthirsty-if-intellectual Roman in me is glad for any scene with Ramsay and Theon, because it allows the chance for some awesome as fuck acting.

Putting aside morality and emotion, which has been discussed extensively, the punishment Theon receives for the Miller's boys doesn't make much logical or karmic sense either.

The worst crime he's party to is acquiescing to Ramsay's suggestion to flay the Miller's boys. But Ramsay's part in that crime is arguably the greater (having come up with the idea, and having executed it).

So the idea Theon would deserve punishment for somebody more involved in the crime than him is peculiar.

Of course not. Ramsay isn't even the one who was directly betrayed by Theon, he certainly has no right to torture him. In fact Ramsay is punishing Theon for deeds that would be, and are, somewhat similar to his own. Ramsay also wants to prove himself to a father that loves him not, and they both were robbed of learning from there true fathers at various points while growing into men. Also, Ramsay saw that Theon wasn't a cruel man at heart while he was Reek 1.5. Unless you were more astute than me on first read, we learn that Theon spared Bran and Rickon after the average reader has developed a healthy loathing for Theon; by the time Ramsay reveals himself and gets him back to the Dreadfort, I imagine the average reader feels sorry for him, as I did. Until we learn more about Ramsay and his upbringing and motivations, it seems clear his character represents the epitome of cruel and twisted.

Not at all. Yes Theon deserved to be executed or imprisoned (he's a valuable prisoner because he's the heir to the Iron Islands). Being flayed, slowly dismembered, starved and psychologically abused by a vicious and relentless psychopath is in no way justifiable. Even after the crimes Theon committed Ramsay served him a far worse plate of punishment.

Archived