I feel really disturbed when ...

apovsic

It's amazing how George has written these atrocities so well that I am both sickened and infuriated by them. I can see how Dany could have done that to avenge the 163 children in the heat of anger, but she had time to get control of herself and that is the horrifying part - that she didn't.

Not really. The last crucified child she would have seen was only one mile from Meereen. I'd imagine it's hard to get the image of crucified children out of your mind.

I normally don't get disturbed by anything in the books, I try not to apply modern day ethics to the story. However, the one part that left me uneasy was when the Ironborn conquered the Shield Islands and they had their victory feast. The lady of the house and her daughters were serving the Ironborn when one of them (Left Eye Lucas?) decided he wanted to "take" one of the girls, and proceeded to rape her in front of her sisters and mother. Left me a little shaken, not gonna lie.

SweetRobin isn't some innocent little boy. He's a brat and he tried to force himself on sansa but being such a brat it was pathetic and failed.

creepy how he's always sneaking into her room too

That means he's innocent. Some of the Starks were bratty at the beginning of the series. Being a brat isn't a crime. Being a brat isn't punishable by death. He still hasn't killed anyone.

Also, the Eyrie belongs to him. He can go where ever he wants.

That means he's innocent. Some of the Starks were bratty at the beginning of the series. Being a brat isn't a crime. Being a brat isn't punishable by death. He still hasn't killed anyone.

Not for lack of desire. Granted I tend not to dwell on him since he's clearly on borrowed time. Sickly, mentally stunted, and epileptic is no way to go through life, let alone when LF is within spitting distance of you.

When Oberyn was grabbed by the Mountain....my heart sank & my stomach churned. Terrible feeling.

That was horrifying. However what really got me was when Jaime told Tyrion about Tysha. Tyrion had one person left in the world who he thought loved him, and Jaime took that from him by thinking he was doing the right thing. With Tywin dead, that's something that Jaime should have taken to his grave.

Not for lack of desire. Granted I tend not to dwell on him since he's clearly on borrowed time. Sickly, mentally stunted, and epileptic is no way to go through life, let alone when LF is within spitting distance of you.

Mentally stunted. Thanks for bringing up another good point. Does he even know that people really can't fly? Not to mention Arya's threat to have guards that were just doing their jobs heads on spykes (besides the other people she's killed).

Mentally stunted. Thanks for bringing up another good point. Does he even know that people really can't fly? Not to mention Arya's threat to have guards that were just doing their jobs heads on spykes (besides the other people she's killed).

I don't really think SR knows what is going on. Frankly my nieces showed more situational awareness at 4-5 than he does at 8-9. Aside from the incest probably causing the issues (Hapsburg), he's pretty much a dead ringer for Charles II.

Almost everything involving Ramsay, especially Theon/Reek but also Jeyne, Lady Hornwood, the farmer that called him Snow etc.

Sack of Saltpans.

Biter eating Brienne´s face.

Red Wedding.

Arya´s chapters at Harrenhal.

The execution of Rickard and Brandon Stark.

The death of Viserys.

The death of Mycah and Lady.

The murder of Elia and her children at the hands of Gregor Clegane and Amory Lorch.

Fat pink mast.

Myrish swamp.

The following is off topic:

So, after the end of WW2 6 000 000 germans should be put into the gas chambers??

That's :bs: . Only few nazis in the higher places were responsible for holocaust, not the Germany itself.

Trying real hard not to get into a discussion about the Holocaust but it is absolute bullshit to say only a few Nazis were responsible for the Holocaust. True in death camps like Belzec and Treblinka, Trawniki men (Ukranian POW's) provided muscle as guards and workers therefore only requiring a relatively small number of German guards, but it isn't like the nearly 1.3 million Polish-Jews shot east of the Molotov-Ribbentrop line shot themselves, the 42,000 Polish Jews shot during Operation Harvest Festival (or the nearly 100,000 murdered in ghetto clearing operations or the many more who no doubt starved to death as laborers or in ghettos). That's only the number of Polish Jews shot by Germans, that doesn't even include the millions of other Jews, Soviet POW's starved to death by the Wehrmacht, the number of Roma and Sinti, homosexuals, mentally ill, "partisans" (most often civilians especially on the Eastern Front, not partisans at all) and civilians murdered in partisan reprisals across Europe etc. (Obviously I recognize the willful involvement of other nations in said murder)

What I just wrote has absolutely nothing to do with the eye for an eye discussion, I wouldn't condone murdering Germans and I don't really support Dany's actions in the book. But I felt compelled to shed light on the myth that it was only a few Nazis responsible for the Holocaust. It was a much wider action, with far more people culpable than you make it seem (including non-Germans).

On topic: The treatment of Lolly's always disturbed me. She get's gang raped and she receives little sympathy from people. Mellisandre forcing the Wildlings to give a piece of Weirwood tree before they would be accepted at the Wall was disturbing. I hate religious zealotry and the followers of the "Lord of Light" are some of the worst.

EDIT: Lady Hornwood's fate bothered me alot.

Almost everything involving Ramsay, especially Theon/Reek but also Jeyne, Lady Hornwood, the farmer that called him Snow etc.

Oh god, poor Lady Hornwood. I mean you read about this sweet old lady at that feast and are kind of hoping she finds someone nice to keep her company and then a few pages later you have to picture her eating her own fingers off in a dungeon. Even in a series pretty full of horrible stuff that makes me shudder to remember it.

That was horrifying. However what really got me was when Jaime told Tyrion about Tysha. Tyrion had one person left in the world who he thought loved him, and Jaime took that from him by thinking he was doing the right thing. With Tywin dead, that's something that Jaime should have taken to his grave.

Completely agree. Jaime's love for Tyrion when everyone else in his family treated him like garbage was one of the brighter points of his character. My heart sank when Jaime inadvertently destroyed their relationship.

Fat pink mast. *shudder*

........Now I do not know. Everything else quite fades in comparison with the thing above. But I have read that part yesterday for the first time, maybe something worse is gonna come.

The newest thing to disturb me was two episodes ago when we got to see Ramsey "hunting"...and the sound of the dogs attacking...and the screaming...and then the silence...and the dogs chewing... :bawl:

This, along with the "RobbWind" head swap, really got to me a lot more watching the show than it did in the books...that, and:

Lysa breastfeeding SweetRobin at age 6... Heh.

Reading about how the Mad King killed Rickard and Brandon Stark disturbed me more than anything else in the books...

The fact Arya, warging Nymerya, started to gnaw at her mother's dead bodie (before the reanimators remake). Supposed to be some oedipe or electra's complex? Survivor guilt?

Stannis awkwardness about Renly's death. In the show, its clear he killed his bro knowingly. In the books, he keeps talking about dreams.

Any description of Theon becoming and/or being Reek. Disgusting chapters.

What they did to Elia, Rhaenys and the baby, whether that was Aegon or the pisswater prince.

everything Lollys Stokeworth

little girl Arya becoming a serial killer

Manderly pie - I mean, I know the Freys were asking for it, but still...

Archived