Knight of the Laughing Tree v. 2.0

Bran's Tourney

This is great... using the ensuing drama with Rhaegar as a way to support Lyanna being the Knight. Thanks.

My Bran theory is mostly based on wishful thinking... Ever since 100 pages into AGOT I was thinking for some twist of fate to give him his jousting fix......

But then again... "Are you sure you haven't heard this story, Bran?"

He may get his fix by warging Hodor permanently.

It is a story of his aunt, and the roots of the tragedy which cost her her life, together with her brother and father's - a piece of family history that Bran ought to know.

if all the others stark die at the end he will be what is left to rebuilt his family?

nah I don t think the remaining Starkies will die (except Jon, who may die a heroes death) ! I picture the story will end where it began...at Winterfell, where the Stark children will meet to bury Neds bones, who have come home at last, in the crypt...mayhaps together with Jons and Catelyns bones...tht would be some bittersweet ending...

As to Rickon as builder/worker/crafter....I have no idea..if it is really that, he has still to grow into that from the wild untamed boy he is at the moment. Some thought is that, given his wildness, it could have something to do with the wildlings, mayhaps he could get into contact with the wildlings eventually, get their respect somehow and forge the final peace between the wildlings and the people south of the Wall....but this is only some thought of mine...

• 11 months later...

CRACKPOT THEORY

Even though I have my feelings about Lyanna being the KOLT , because she robbed Howland of his vengeance and I find it hard that she a fourteen year old girl defeating three grown men jousting , but I'm inclined that is the direction the story is going. OK here's my crackpot theory that illyrio was the KOLT .Whom the gods destroy they first drive mad. Varys has been telling Aerys conspiracies about Rhaegar and the tourney at Harrenhal ,So Aerys leaves the Red Keep , why ? Was Aerys going to catch them in the act ? No IMO Varys told him to go and there to fuel his paranoia was a mystery knight .Most mystery knights come to get paid , this one boot scooted after three joust . Because he would be recognized as Varys' friend .

Archived