[Book Spoilers] EP402 Discussion

Ran

Goddammit they had the PERFECT opportunity to have him say "I've handled Valyrian steel before, I know how to wield it!" and have all the unsullied shocked at how how far he takes it. Which would justify the end of the episode even more to them

With the actor who played Ilyn being so sick, Bronn was the more logical choice I guess. Still, he can talk so it actually makes what jaime is doing more dangerous. I know a lot of people haad hoped Brienne would become his sparring partner, but that would have been too ......expected.

I still don't get this. They recast The Mountain three times, and they recast Daario, but they couldn't recast Ilyn Payne?

I still don't get this. They recast The Mountain three times, and they recast Daario, but they couldn't recast Ilyn Payne?

I'm assuming they didn't need yet another character with little or nothing to do. I think they need to give Bronn a bigger role at the beginning of this season to keep in the forefront of the story. Makes his treachery even harder in a few weeks.

I don't like the way they're doing the Tyrion - Shae break. So far. Is she going to escape, Tyrion not's going to murder her? Or does Bronn betray Tyrion, and hand over Shae? Well, it will be interesting to see what happens.

As Tywin knows, he'll make sure she doesn't get to leave i guess, would be too much of a deviation to her escape imho

None of the other actors for The Mountain or Daario were dying. It was out of respect that they retired Ser Ilyn

Yeah, IIRC they did the same for Old Nan after her actress passed away.

Yeah. I couldn't and still can't figure it out. It seems as if Bronn helps/makes Shae go away. Which would be super anti-climactic for certain people (me) who are waiting to see her

strangled to death while looking into Tyrion's eyes

Oops, this is a pro-spoiler thread. Sorry. Just got over-exciterated.

Edited by Gran de Lys

As Tywin knows, he'll make sure she doesn't get to leave i guess, would be too much of a deviation to her escape imho

If you look at trainer #2 I think it is, Shae is seen in the hands bedroom, on the bed, looking surprised as it a certain someone has found her