[BOOK SPOILERS] Best Improvisations/Book Deviations of 402

Kaspiro

Forgot to say I like the deviation of Bronn training with Jaime. It'll be a clever way to keep him active in the show while adding some witty scenes between the two character. The stuff with Ilyn is excellent in the books, but Bronn's a much more recognisable character for viewers and it helps to keep him in the show when he'd otherwise drift out of it.

I loved the scene of Oberyn and Cersei & Tywin. I loved everything he said, especially him continually letting Cersei know she was no longer the Queen and his remarks to Tywin about murdered children and raped women.

I also enjoyed the Dreadfort scenes, especially Roose and Ramsay interaction. I could definitely go for more of those two.

Liked the 5 king battle royale VS the jousting pig / dog. Hopefully this means Penny will not appear, always thought it wouldn't play out on the screen very well.Didn't like Cersei / Brienne, it seemed forced. Loved Loras / Jaime scene, witty and a laugh to end it.The deer saying Hodor made me chuckle a little.

Also liked Bronn w Jaime, the two of them quipping back and forth could be great. Bronn doesn't mince words or take crap so those two could be great.

I think it was pretty obvious they weren't going to have the pig jousting - that would've been all but impossible to film (you try getting two pigs to run at each other in a straight line, with dwarves riding them no less!) esp. considering the number of takes it would've necessitated, all during an already very expensive wedding reception shoot.

The mini battle (pun, yes) was perfectly fitting as was the expression on the faces of the guests as it happened.

"Who the hell is Jon Snow?"

Um - the fact that Vargo Hoat/Locke and Ramsay are old buddies? Strange. Locke/Hoat was Tywin's creature (as much as he was anyones), until Roose turns him at Harrenhall. But now he has a history with Ramsay, and they are old flaying buddies. Just a strange confluence of creepiness.

I have to admit, it was pretty exciting that there were so many distinct changes in this episode, and that it was written by GRRM. We actually have some guesswork going forward.

Bronn/Jaime is interesting, we are really relying on Bronn more and more here. At least we get some good quips. Jaime/Loras was fantastic - Jaime is usually the one with the best parting shots ("well then" after rescuing Brienne is still one of my favorite lines of the show), but "Neither will you" is pretty good as well.

I loved the scene of Oberyn and Cersei & Tywin. I loved everything he said, especially him continually letting Cersei know she was no longer the Queen and his remarks to Tywin about murdered children and raped women.

I also enjoyed the Dreadfort scenes, especially Roose and Ramsay interaction. I could definitely go for more of those two.

agreed both of those scenes were great. Oberyn threw a couple shots about bastards towards Cersei and then the murdering children and raping women part was awesome. Tywin looked so annoyed. i also liked the exchange between Roose and Ramsay. showed howd Ramsay thinks hes a true Bolton but Roose shoots him down.

"Who the hell is Jon Snow?"

Um - the fact that Vargo Hoat/Locke and Ramsay are old buddies? Strange. Locke/Hoat was Tywin's creature (as much as he was anyones), until Roose turns him at Harrenhall. But now he has a history with Ramsay, and they are old flaying buddies. Just a strange confluence of creepiness.

I have to admit, it was pretty exciting that there were so many distinct changes in this episode, and that it was written by GRRM. We actually have some guesswork going forward.

Bronn/Jaime is interesting, we are really relying on Bronn more and more here. At least we get some good quips. Jaime/Loras was fantastic - Jaime is usually the one with the best parting shots ("well then" after rescuing Brienne is still one of my favorite lines of the show), but "Neither will you" is pretty good as well.

that surprised me. at first i thought they were all going to ride for Castle Back to take out Jon but then he just sends Hoat/Locke. i liked both Jaime and Bronn and Jaime and Loras. both were well played.

Locke never had any association with Tywin. Locke was Roose's bannerman sent out to find Jaime after Catelyn let Jaime go. And now Locke has returned to the north with Roose and is being sent out to find Bran and Rickon. Locke fit the role of Vargo Hoat regarding Jaime, but he is not the same character. Interesting that he goes to the wall as a bannerman of Roose's rather than as an exile.

I really liked that the dwarves played the war of the 5 kings. It was a gut punch to so many people at the wedding to see that, as opposed to the dwarf jousting that really only impacted Tyrion.

The show emphasized Margery's unhappiness with marrying Joffrey. There was at least one point, when the musicians were playing "Rains of Castamere" that Margery got lost in an unhappy train of thought and had to snap herself out of it, and other times when she was squirming in discomfort at Joffrey's antics. I was glad to see her struggle - makes her more human. I didn't think the books mentioned any internal struggles she might have been having.

I totally forgot that part about Locke - and that he is a wholly new character for the show. I guess its just another of the show simplifiers - how to explain something like the Brave Companions and their unique place in the story? A Qohori captain, a bunch of random Dothraki, Rorge and Biter, zorses - too much info for the Unsullied.

Its also interesting that Roose doesn't like that Locke chopped of Jaime's hand, and then later doesn't like that Ramsay chopped off Theons.... what goes around comes around much with mutilation?

Bronn/Jaime fight was pretty awesome. I'm interesting to see how they keep Bronn around for Season 5. Loved the changed up Dwarf jousting as well. Thinking about it, that pretty much confirms Penny has been cut from the show which I'm rather selfishly incredibly happy about. But it was also a good scene.

My top three would be:

3. Bran's vision. I'm dying to take that one apart frame by frame once it's on youtube.

2. The conversation between Jaime and Loras, mainly because Jaime seems to think that foiling Loras' marriage would make him angry or sad. It doesn't, because a) Loras is gay and b) he doesn't like Cersei. And it's good to see that Loras has inherited some of the Tyrell snark.

1. Tyrion spilling his own wine, after Jaime accidentally spilled his. With all the backstabbing going on among the Lannisters, it's just so nice to see that there is still some brotherly love between the two.

It wasn't his brides brother -it was his bride's first husband. It was his ex-fiance's brother. And also another man who had at least some appreciation KL, and who is still very much alive (Stannis). All around, it was a horrible idea, but totally Joffrey/LF.

Both involved Cersei; Team Lannister of her and her father vs. Oberyn and Ellaria for Team Dorne, and Cersei vs. Brienne; "But you are in love with (Jaime)" - well, goddamn, what can I say to all that except WTF.

In the first battle royale, it's clear both sides can give as good as they get. I'd say the winner was Oberyn. If he could have choked Cersei with that heavy ass necklace, he'd have done it without thinking twice. Brienne's reaction after the confrontation was priceless; probably the only time she didn't have an answer for someone. I refuse to read anything into it for the future of the books; although I ship B&J, keep coming back to the fact that Cersei is the only woman Jaime's ever loved and could likely ever love. Damn shame when he kills her eventually.

Archived