[BOOK SPOILERS] Best Improvisations/Book Deviations of 402

Kaspiro

I reckon Locke will infiltrated the night watch. Who was sending those 5 guys to the watch in the books to kill jon snow? Or am i missremebering? SOmeone in kingslanding didnt like the idea of having a Stark as the commander. I thought that was the most clever thing of episode 2. Pulling it all together without placing new characters into the show.

also liked the idea of Bronn training with Jamie. In addition, who else thinks that tywin had a hand in the purple wedding or at least knew about the plans? Tyrion won't able to claim casterly rock now! :D

I reckon Locke will infiltrated the night watch. Who was sending those 5 guys to the watch in the books to kill jon snow? Or am i missremebering? SOmeone in kingslanding didnt like the idea of having a Stark as the commander. I thought that was the most clever thing of episode 2. Pulling it all together without placing new characters into the show.

also liked the idea of Bronn training with Jamie. In addition, who else thinks that tywin had a hand in the purple wedding or at least knew about the plans? Tyrion won't able to claim casterly rock now! :D

In the books, it was Cersei who wanted Jon Snow killed. She was planning to send Osfryd Kettleblack to the Wall to do the deed but never got around to it

I love that you can see Olenna taking the sapphire from Sansa's necklace. And then, for those in the know, we get 2-3 chances later in views of Sansa to see that it is missing...always carefully places so that you can easily suppose the missing jewel is UNDER her garment. Later, when Margaery takes Joffrey's wine cup away from him (after he drinks from it with no consequence), it seemed to me on re-watching it that as Margaery's right hand takes the cup, her left hand comes up to the rim as if to drop something into it. She then sets it down not too far from (but not too near to) her grandmother. I've always wanted to know whether Margaery was involved in Olenna's plan. In the TV show Margaery is frequently shown to us to NOT be innocent. ("I want to be THE queen" and when she more or less admits to having had lots of sex to Sansa, who doesn't get it.) In show world, I think she's guilty. We'll see I guess.

Also: Sapphires, it has frequently been pointed out, indicate deception in the novels...is that why Weiss and Beniof changed it from amethysts? If so, is it book-readers who are being deceived with the hints at the jewel/goblet combo... I've never been a fan of thinking the pie was poisoned...but perhaps it was.

I think it was pretty obvious they weren't going to have the pig jousting - that would've been all but impossible to film (you try getting two pigs to run at each other in a straight line, with dwarves riding them no less!) esp. considering the number of takes it would've necessitated, all during an already very expensive wedding reception shoot.

The mini battle (pun, yes) was perfectly fitting as was the expression on the faces of the guests as it happened.

There's not a Production Insurance company on Earth that would cover pig jousting.

Archived