Nitpick With Impunity S04 E02 Version

Stannis ruined. again. again.

Joffrey isn't tearing at his throat, but fuck his face...jesus. Blood pouring out of his nose, his eyes go red, his face...god. No Cersei scream though. And why did Jaime run to his side? He gives zero fucks about his son.

Joffrey isn't tearing at his throat, but fuck his face...jesus. Blood pouring out of his nose, his eyes go red, his face...god. No Cersei scream though. And why did Jaime run to his side? He gives zero fucks about his son.

Because he's Commander of the Kingsguard?

Agre agree agree especially at the Stannis thing. That was unworthy.

Jaime rushing to him .. ahem commander of the guard ? And being mocked by everyone for failing with the other kings and because of his previous absence ? Just because he doesn't care about Joff, does not mean he does not care about his job. Last episode he was so desperate to keeping the job, why would he go now "oh fuck no"?

I think the issue is that he is there before the thing. In the books he arrived after that. He would have done the same thing.

My negative nitpicks dwell mostly on character departures than mere story ones.

The motive for burning the Florents had too much to do with religious intolerance, which contrasts with book Stannis, and oversimplifies him.

They've turned his wife from a vane high born in the books to a wide eyed zealot.

Bran acted like a moody bitch instead of the smitten, determined boy. Not a big concern though....yet.

Mace has been immasculated by his mother. It's a wonder Mace could do anything she opposes. This contrast will grow.

Cersei's 'you love him' point seemed inadequately founded from Cersei's PoV. But this was consistent with her book character anyway.

Well, you might think I hated the episode. Nope! I loved it. The departures gives readers such as me a flow of the unexpected, which is exciting. Many story departures are clever and fun. The character departures concern me.

Fed

I was so bummed out they didn't have Tyrion reference the dagger after Joff destroyed his book. Are we just going to assume show-watchers don't care about Bran's assassination attempt, or they just assume it was Cersei or Jaime and leave it there?

I was so bummed out they didn't have Tyrion reference the dagger after Joff destroyed his book. Are we just going to assume show-watchers don't care about Bran's assassination attempt, or they just assume it was Cersei or Jaime and leave it there?

Speaking of daggers, I was expecting to hear about a certain knight with a hole in his hand exhibiting signs of being poisoned.

Oh wow yes, I blocked out the Cersei/Brienne scene. Wtf was that.

They're gonna make Brienne interact with everyone in King's Landing except the two people she actually should interact with: Sansa and Loras.

Next week, Brienne chats about the weather with Ilyn Payne and sleeps with Sex God Pod.

They're gonna make Brienne interact with everyone in King's Landing except the two people she actually should interact with: Sansa and Loras.

Next week, Brienne chats about the weather with Ilyn Payne and sleeps with Sex God Pod.

:lol: yeah idk what they're doing with Brienne in KL but its not working

I actually liked Cersei's confrontation, but yeah, when Brienne first approached the table I'm thinking "Finally, she gets to meet Sansa!". Unfortunately no, pretty disappointed about that.

To the Coldhands fanatics..

I don't believe he will be showing up, but at the end of Bran's vision, the "healthy" horse... maybe they actually do use this as Coldhands. Doubt it highly, but wanted to point out.

Maybe thy bring up the dagger thing while Tyrion is in the cells. There are plenty of episodes until the Viper and the Mountain and so they might use it a bit later on.

Same goes for Brienne.

Sam and Gilly leave early.

As seen in the Breaker of Chains perview

While the scenes at the wedding were good and added to the characters, the sequence of Jaime/Loras, Cersei/Brienne and Oberyn/Tywin and Cersei felt a bit too much in a row in the way of people subtly insulting each other and hinting at things. All of the scenes were well done, granted, but it started to feel like everyone just insulting each other in a subtle way. More to break up those scenes in the middle would have been nice, because they were all good scenes but very similar in approach.

While the scenes at the wedding were good and added to the characters, the sequence of Jaime/Loras, Cersei/Brienne and Oberyn/Tywin and Cersei felt a bit too much in a row in the way of people subtly insulting each other and hinting at things. All of the scenes were well done, granted, but it started to feel like everyone just insulting each other in a subtle way. More to break up those scenes in the middle would have been nice, because they were all good scenes but very similar in approach.

Isn't that what parties with relatives are all about ? ;)

Archived