Which two characters would you combine?

The Dragons Hand

Characters in ASOIAF have flaws, and no character is truly good at every situation. So what combination of two characters would you suggest? For whatever reason you feel like.

For example: My friend would choose a combination of Lady Ollena and Khal Drogo because he feels like that covers all the bases of awesome

I would choose either Dany and Varys (As Varys has what she lacks) or Tyrion and Stannis (Similar reasoning), so they don't need to be able to have kids together as eunuch's and all-male couples have no luck in such a regard.

And please, no flame wars. They are most unpleasant and only tangentially informative.

My initial reaction was Jaime and Doran, then I thought about it....and am sticking with it.

Seems like a top-tier choice to me, Certainly better than the endless combinations of the "The Mountain = *Insert character here*" I keep hearing from my show-only friends.

Eddard Stark + Petyr Baelish. Ned was honorable, loyal, and just, but so forthcoming that seems to have no sense of self-preservation. Little Finger is shewd, manipulative, and calculating. If Ned had even an inkling of LF's ability to keep his thoughts and intentions to himself, he might not be dead. On the flipside, if Little Finger had just a little honor to him or even shown just the tiniest shred of regret, his actions might be a little more forgiveable.

Ned and Dany without a doubt.

I think such a meeting would have turned quite a bit upside down for Dany, and when it comes to her family history she really needs someone to set the record straight. Who better than the likes of Ned Stark who could confront her with the truth of what her father did to his family.

Doran + Oberyn Martell (though physically he is all Oberyn Martel) The grass and the snake all in one.

Stannis + Renly. Stanly. Renly's popularity, Stannis determination and sense of justice, but most importantly you won't have the two brothers trying to kill each other if they are one person.

Joanna Lannister + Tywin. Tywin would be better with his wife's influence in him.

Varys + Littlefinger.

Qhorin Halfhand + Yoren.

Eddard Stark + Petyr Baelish. Ned was honorable, loyal, and just, but so forthcoming that seems to have no sense of self-preservation. Little Finger is shewd, manipulative, and calculating. If Ned had even an inkling of LF's ability to keep his thoughts and intentions to himself, he might not be dead. On the flipside, if Little Finger had just a little honor to him or even shown just the tiniest shred of regret, his actions might be a little more forgiveable.

Definitely like this except I simply hate LF too much. Way too much. Thanks for your interesting post:-)

Archived