No ColdHands...

Kharn

This kinda bums me out. I really wanted to see Coldhands on screen. But we were also told by an "HBO source" that there wouldn't be any jousting dwarves either.

Was Penny in that crowd of dwarves at the PW? I did not think to look and see if one of them was female. Pretty darn sure I didn't see a dog and a pig, though, so it looks the animals did get the shaft.

Thanks.

Strange. Are they not going to do the kingsmoot or is that next season?

I am pretty certain they won't be doing the Kingsmoot this season. Probably next season.

And it also seems they didn't follow the order of the leeches in killing the three kings, as apparently Balon is still alive... but now it makes more sence for me to keep him alive til next season and then using him to introduce the new Greyjoy characters...

I am pretty certain they won't be doing the Kingsmoot this season. Probably next season.

And it also seems they didn't follow the order of the leeches in killing the three kings, as apparently Balon is still alive... but now it makes more sence for me to keep him alive til next season and then using him to introduce the new Greyjoy characters...

Cheers.

They'll have to really stretch that part if they want to keep the kingsmoot for next season. Though Asha's storyline is different so maybe they are planning something with her.

Right. See how they threw in Dontos again at the last minute, they didn't go to the trouble of showing at-length visits to the Godswood, it was very impromptu. But, that might be a bad example because Dontos, to me, is not really a character with great depth and I had hoped Coldhands was.

Actually, I think that's a perfect example. Meera and Jojen are also a good example, I think. They were not in season 2 because it would have arguably been kind of pointless, but they were added later. And just because Dontos and M&J may not be as important as some people hope Coldhands will be doesn't mean he won't be!

Cheers.

They'll have to really stretch that part if they want to keep the kingsmoot for next season. Though Asha's storyline is different so maybe they are planning something with her.

Yes there has been a whole other topic discussing Asha's attack on the Dreadfort. We still don't know anything about that one or how it will afflict the story.

The only thing why I think that Balon will die this season, is because Ralf Kenning will be the commander of Moat Cailin. In the books he became the commander of the fort because Balon died and Victarion left with his men to attend the Kingsmoot.

Was Penny in that crowd of dwarves at the PW? I did not think to look and see if one of them was female. Pretty darn sure I didn't see a dog and a pig, though, so it looks the animals did get the shaft.

I don't think Penny was there and I doubt that they will even include her in the story. I was just conveying that Coldhands might still be in the show.

If you read D&D's 4.02 interview with EW, they actually tried to get the pig riding, but it didn't work, logistically.

They may not have willingly cut Coldhands in the same way they didn't willingly cut the pig riding.

And apparently, Jon and the NW guys will run into Rast and the rest of the mutineers at Craster's, instead of adding it to Bran's storyline. I think Coldhands killing those guys and then feeding them to Bran and Co. would have worked so much better, oh well...

BTW, if there's truly no Coldhands that kinda rules out him being Benjen, right?

I don't think Penny was there and I doubt that they will even include her in the story. I was just conveying that Coldhands might still be in the show.

I am not so sure about this. I re-watched the scene carefully and I'm certain that they never showed the face of the dwarf playing Rob Stark -- I would go so far as to say that they took pains not to show it. When the wolf mask came off the head was still totally hidden by the fake decapitated neck. Then at the end when they took bows the Rob Stark dwarf had some kind of screen or veil covering their face. The voice that was used for the "I'm King in the North!" refrain was obviously a stage voice and could have come from a woman.

No. If he is going to be important, they can add him later. How does not adding him now prevent them from adding him later if they have to?

Bran's almost at his destination as of Season 4 Episode 2. Coldhands ain't appearing on the TV show.

I'd guess that he's just some random wight that Brynden Rivers is warging, and as soon as Bran and co. enter the magic cave, he's gonna go back to doing wight things.

I would be very surprised if Penny makes it to the TV show. Isn't she sort of the Jar Jar Binks of the books in popularity? Nonetheless, she might have been the headless Wolf King. You never saw that dwarf's face.

Don't understand how there will be no Coldhands on the show.

Bloodraven will be played by actor Straun Rodger.

There are many theories that believe Bloodraven is Cold-hands...

nah. Bloodraven is probably warging Coldhands

If you read D&D's 4.02 interview with EW, they actually tried to get the pig riding, but it didn't work, logistically.

They may not have willingly cut Coldhands in the same way they didn't willingly cut the pig riding.

Where are teh CGI piggies!!!?!?

Archived