When did Visenya die?

Either I missed something while reading or its just not there, but when did Visenya die?? Rhaenys died in Dorne, Aegon died...If it's not in the books then maybe in the last two we will know.

If she dabbled in sorcery, maybe she did something to become a dragon...maybe the so called "stone dragon" sleeping in dragonstone? Maybe that's far fetched?

There's a likely probability Visenya lived the longest of the three. Balerion died long before the Dance of the Dragons, Meraxes dies in Dorne, but Vhagar is the one of the original three still alive by the Dance of the Dragons. Visenya was also very practical and pragmatic, and even though the children of Rhaenys went on to eventually become the main line of House Targaryen, Maegor ruled for quite awhile and made a large impression.

For some reason I see Visenya living longer than Aegon.

Visenya did indeed live into the reign of her son, King Maegor the Cruel. We know that from a previously released page from 'The World of Ice and Fire' depicting (parts of) the Faith Militant Uprising. The context is not clear, but it seems as if Maegor is already king at this time, and is recovering from a sickness or an assassination attempt (poisoning?). This should place this piece at the very beginning of Maegor's reign, i.e. in 42/43 AC.

Visenya would be in her mid-seventies by then, since she was 30 years old in 2 BC when the Conquest began. It seems she is retired at this point, living not in the capital (most likely on Dragonstone). She comes back and takes charge when Maegor is sick/hurt, and her decisions are crucial for his survival. She fires all his septons and maesters, and appoints the healer who apparently heals him, one Tyanna of Pentos.

• 6 months later...

Either I missed something while reading or its just not there, but when did Visenya die?? Rhaenys died in Dorne, Aegon died...If it's not in the books then maybe in the last two we will know.

If she dabbled in sorcery, maybe she did something to become a dragon...maybe the so called "stone dragon" sleeping in dragonstone? Maybe that's far fetched?

In book the world of ice and fire it reads that she died year 44AC during Maegor reign

Archived