[Book spoilers] Oberyn Martell

Barbossa

Pedro's been GREAT, and as the season has gone on I liked how they toned down his character a bit from the Lannister-stabbing, brothel-dwelling sex god. They still haven't captured the nuance, subtlety, and intelligence that Oberyn has in the books, but given this medium and that the viewers are not as familiar with the backstory they have to be a little more obvious about his motives and capabilities.

That being said, a lot of how D&D have framed Oberyn and the Dornish in general has been problematic and with that I've been very disappointed.

A scenario:

Oberyn wins against the mountain. Jaime goes to Tyrion before leaving for the riverlands and tells him of Tysha. Tyrion still kills Tywin and escapes.

Meanwhile, Oberyn goes back to Dorne and then goes to Daenerys to get her help. No marriage contract though. But, Oberyn still dies while trying to get a dragon. So, now they can keep a fan-fav character for a longer time and kill a dull character with one stroke.

Could this happen??

I was thinking exactly the same! however I'm still judging if they should make the change. I really want them to do let Oberyn live and let him die the epic death he deserves such as getting killed trying to mount a fucking dragon!!

I mean just look at him, he's so bloody handsome! - https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BoGmDSnCAAAoSwJ.jpg:large

• 3 weeks later...

Pedro Pascal's time as Oberyn may have come to an end, but I think him (and Oberyn) will be mentioned and reminisced about nostalgically by fans till the series' end, and even beyond that. Pedro's stint as Oberyn was one of the highlights of the entire show, and no other character had as much impact in such little time as Oberyn Martell.

Pedro Pascal's time as Oberyn may have come to an end, but I think him (and Oberyn) will be mentioned and reminisced about nostalgically by fans till the series' end, and even beyond that. Pedro's stint as Oberyn was one of the highlights of the entire show, and no other character had as much impact in such little time as Oberyn Martell.

Agreed. Just like you I'm really really hoping to see Pedro Pascal in other big works such as movies and tv shows. He an absolute jewel of an actor who no-one can afford to miss!!

YESSS!

Pedro Pascal got the starring role in Netflix's new drama, Narcos. That is huge!!

Yeah I saw that, I'm happy for him! He really earned it. He seems to be a solid person as well as actor, so it's good to see him finally get the recognition he deserves.

Archived