Could the Show, impact the quality of the last books?

Zombiecharro

im a wiki user this is my first post in the forum, ive seen a couple of articles about GRRM answering questions on the WOW's release, and he seems a bit frustrated, and worried by the child actors ageing, i dont think i have enough information to determine whether he is too stressed to ragequit(no to stop writing, but like "go-to-hell-everybody-dies-the-end") or if he is calmly getting through.

I know He is a pro, but the pressure seems overwhelming, i rather see the show stalled than than the books rushed.

They will probably Lock this soon, but yes I see the show ending before the last book comes out. I wouldn't care if they stalled the show, even if the child actors are a bit older when it finishes, in favour of giving time for the books to be completed.

The way things are going, some important questions that haven't been answered in the books are likely to be answered in the next season.

I just don't see how he could pump out 2 more novels in 4-5 years considering it took him 9 years for ADWD.

He does say that he doesn't let the show alter his ideas of the characters, but when you've got HBO, and a lot of fans, barraging for another novel I think he might have to cut corners where he has to. Which sucks.

I just don't see how he could pump out 2 more novels in 4-5 years considering it took him 9 years for ADWD.

He does say that he doesn't let the show alter his ideas of the characters, but when you've got HBO, and a lot of fans, barraging for another novel I think he might have to cut corners where he has to. Which sucks.

This. But I'd much rather have editorial impacts on the books in terms of length than in terms of characters. If GRRM had wrote ASOS like D&D write it, Stannis would have rode to the wall, kicked jon snow in the dick then installed Ramsay Snow as King in the North.

I've had similar concerns, but for different, more technical reasons. Mostly I've been afraid that GRRM would be writing a scene and thinking (perhaps consciously, perhaps subconsciously) "this would be too expensive to do on screen." Maybe that's less of a concern with modern CGI being so advanced - animated dragons and a few dozen extras turned into thousands of Unsullied seems to be do-able.

As far as the actors aging, that SHOULD be a good thing. It's like D&D added the infamous 'five year gap,' but just put it at the beginning of the story.

Any problems to do with the time line are of GRRM's making. They have nothing to do with the show.

Are you aware that after scrapping the 5 year gap GRRM wrote TWO massive books totalling around 2,000 pages - and the time covered from the start of AFfC to the end of ADwD is less than a year? THAT is GRRM's biggest problem that I can see.

(...that I can see. OMG, if he has some bigger problem that I'm missing, he is SO screwed!)

Mostly I've been afraid that GRRM would be writing a scene and thinking (perhaps consciously, perhaps subconsciously) "this would be too expensive to do on screen." Maybe that's less of a concern with modern CGI being so advanced - animated dragons and a few dozen extras turned into thousands of Unsullied seems to be do-able.

that would even be worst, haven't thought about it, hope he can tough the flak, and continue the epic work

I definitely think there is a certain feeling with how Jon Snow will become more relevant as the novels progress, however the thing is I am also skeptical about how much of a concern he really is to the rest of Westeros. It seems a bit farfetched that he would jump on the scene and ride Westeros now. Until GRRM 's interview I made peace with the idea that Jon's plot would actually be finished. Who knows though. I just can't imagine how GRRM will push this character into the Westeros sphere so fast. I believe that if he does, it will be very limited, though I would like to see his character grow and prosper.

I've had similar concerns, but for different, more technical reasons. Mostly I've been afraid that GRRM would be writing a scene and thinking (perhaps consciously, perhaps subconsciously) "this would be too expensive to do on screen." Maybe that's less of a concern with modern CGI being so advanced - animated dragons and a few dozen extras turned into thousands of Unsullied seems to be do-able.

Yeah, I used to think that, but the Battle of Meereen really is shaping up to be like Pelennor Fields on steroids, so far

In any case, the show won't stop (especially now that it's killing it on ratings) and Martin won't be able to catch up. He lost his chance and now other people will tell his story

Yeah, I used to think that, but the Battle of Meereen really is shaping up to be like Pelennor Fields on steroids, so far

In any case, the show won't stop (especially now that it's killing it on ratings) and Martin won't be able to catch up. He lost his chance and now other people will tell his story

That is relatively true. I imagine that HBO could essentially force Jon Snow to become more relevant. I think it is curious though how much of Stannis we actually see. I feel his character has been neglected in the series, and I don't really see him jumping out to fans as the series progresses. I feel that there is an almost equal like amongst Dany and Stannis with people who read the novels, where in those who only watch the series see Dany as more relevant.

Guest Thorrand

They will probably Lock this soon,

Why would it be locked? It's a legitimate concern and deserves a discussion. If this is supposed to be the penultimate ice and fire site, you should be able to discuss everything pertaining to it. Including the possibility of the show influencing the books. I feel they already have for the sheer amount of cliffhanger in feast/dance.

Archived