R+L=J v.79

Alia of the knife

...I do find it interesting that despite Bloodraven calling on Bran to take up the greenseer mantle, the wolf that most physically resembles Bloodraven is sent to Jon. Which could tie into the idea that Bran is a means and Jon is the end; Bran is the Frodo and Jon is the Aragron, etc.

Makes me question (again) whether there is anything more to Catelyn's last comment to Jon, after he'd said his goodbyes to the unconscious Bran... "It should have been you!"

That chapter is just so loaded with foreshadowing - Bran described as a bird/tree, Catelyn displaying the first shadows of Lady Stoneheart - that I can't help but wonder.

Another connection to the weirwood trees. The ones with faces carved into them can appear to cry tears of blood.

I thought the mother crying tears of blood was a recurring image beyond just Lyanna. Can't recall other examples right now, but I took it as generally symbolic of the mother separated from her child by death. (Guess it would help if I had my books to look up other examples...)

Can you please write what he said? I'm brazilian and I didn't get it.

I think this was the most important part of the interview....

Interviewer asks him which character he would want to play in the book/show,

GRRM responds "It would be cool to play Jon Snow. Who is much more of the classic hero. Everyone wants to be the classic hero."

what would the point of jon being a targaryen be..because he cant leave the nights watch and if he didnt leave it for the starks who he thought to be his real family then why would he do it if he finds out that he is legetimate/targaryen??

Kings guard serve till they die. Barristan Selmy's not dead.

Rules can break.

Finding out he is Targaryen will be huge moment the GRRM has been planning for a long time. When it comes your question will be answered.

I don't know if this is a foreshadowing, but rumor has it that Kit Harrington and Emilia Clarke may be an item. :)

And Jon isn't going to be a zombie,

So, nature imitates art? Or foreshadows art? As for Jon being a zombie, GRRM: "Oh, you think he's dead do you?" --- from an interview shortly after ADwD came out.

I don't know if this is a foreshadowing, but rumor has it that Kit Harrington and Emilia Clarke may be an item. :)

And Jon isn't going to be a zombie,

If that is true, they have the potential to make ridiculously beautiful children.

So, nature imitates art? Or foreshadows art? As for Jon being a zombie, GRRM: "Oh, you think he's dead do you?" --- from an interview shortly after ADwD came out.

Yes, I remember that interview. :)

I don't even think hes actually dead, but badly injured. However, my mom was a night nurse in the ICU, and you wouldn't believe what came through those doors and lived. :ack:

If that is true, they have the potential to make ridiculously beautiful children.

:agree:

Then I guess Ygritte died, huh? Fired and fired.

At least she dies in battle and honorably exits stage left. :laugh:

(Unlike the first Daario, which I can't imagine what you had to do to get fired from GOT). :shocked:

The original actress who played Dany, Tamizen Merchant, is now on a series called "Salem," which is about the witchcraft trials.

Archived