fat Walda

Rhaegars Heir

Roose is usually quite cold and calculating. His nature never caused his former wives to endear themselves to him. Fat Walda, while initially nothing more than another calculation is in unlikely position of getting married to a powerful lord over her thinner and possibly prettier cousins. Thus her overwhelming love for Roose. She will die at the hands of Ramsey after Roose is gone but until then she satisfies roose with her squeals of pleasure

Awww :smileysex:

Roose was literally bought/paid to be with her. It's just much more blatantly awful than other marriages where the alliance was the factor and not solely monetary gain. Roose or Walda was like purebred dog in this situation, although i'm not sure which is which, the one who got paid or the one who got sold... It's just gross.

Roose was literally bought/paid to be with her. It's just much more blatantly awful than other marriages where the alliance was the factor and not solely monetary gain. Roose or Walda was like purebred dog in this situation, although i'm not sure which is which, the one who got paid or the one who got sold... It's just gross.

Please refrain from reading A Song of Ice and Fire.

Sorry, I disagree. It was like a match made in heaven. She's a Frey, growing up in a castle filled with intrigue, backstabbing and general nastiness. She marries the Leechlord and fits right in to his household. Has no problems with Roose's treachery, just seems normal to her. And the marriage lets both pariah Houses support each other, as much as they are willing to.

He likes how she is in bed but seems to be unconcerned with her future child's (his child's, as it happens) welfare.

If you take Roose's speech to Theon at face value.

A dubious assumption to make, in light of the Bolton family dynamic.

Like Lady Dustin later on, they may be speaking to Theon but Ramsay is their audience.

• 1 month later...

Maybe. But one thing I liked about the show is they didn't go the cheap route of fat-shaming where Walda was concerned. In her one brief intro she seemed somehow very open and friendly-and Roose made it clear that Lady Bolton was to be afforded the respect her station deserved. She of course knew full well, that Bolton married her because she was fat, but hey at least she's out of the weasel nest that is the Twins, won't have to join the Silent Sisters, and she hopes to start a family with Roose and give him trueborn heirs to the Dreadfort. He in turn actually treats her pretty well and you never know...a lot of men actually find they prefer women who are....well cushioned.

Ironically, that Roose-Fat Walda is actually one of the better arranged marriages in the books-and it almost humanizes Roose. I'm hoping they'll keep that dynamic on the show which could be very entertaining and even somewhat sweet. And let's be honest we need some non-grim stuff to get through scenes at the Dreadfort.

I find it cute too. Roose clearly doesn't care what people think. He better keep his evil devil spawn away from her though.

I have this idea that if Ramsay tries to do anything to her baby Walda is going to go Red Wedding on him. She's a Frey, she's capable of defending her own. Plus I'd love to see him get taken out by the fat stepmother. He'd never see it coming. Even Cinderella's stepmother didn't go that far.

Or maybe she could call in her brother (or is it her uncle?) Black Walder to deal with him. BW could redeem himself that way.

Archived