[Book Spoilers] Shae

zombree

Well long time lurker first time poster here. I've searched the boards a bit for a topic on Shae from episode two. Curious on what other people's thoughts are on Tyrion sending her away. I'm still clinging to the hope that she didn't get on the boat and leave so the plot can continue the way it was originally written.

I think Tywin will intercept her. He did say at the beginning of the episode that he wanted her brought up to the Tower Of The Hand.

How he will intercept her without Bronn finding out, I'm not sure.

I think they will keep the storyline of Tyrion finding her in Tywins bed as that is a really good scene. I can't see George wanting that to be removed/changed.

Either Bronn betrayed Tyrion, and brought Shae to Tywin, or Varys betrayed Bronn and Tyrion and brought her to Tywin, or Brarys betrayed Tyrion, or Tywin managed go grasp Shae without Brarys knowing, OR Shae really did sail off in the ship, but will for some reason come back on her own accord, and get caught.

In the books it was readily apparent that Shae was using Tyrion because he was a wealthy Lannister, but in the HBO show I couldn't really tell because either the acting or the writing was off. It seems in the show that she really loves Tyrion.

Based on my feelings toward book Shae, I really hope she never leaves and the plot plays out the way it does in the books. I think, however that Tywin has her killed and the Tyrion kills Tywin for that reason. D&D have made every effort to simplify this story for the non book reader audience, and considering the books' complexity, I have trouble faulting them for that. It's like comparing peaches and carrots

Shae is shown in the season trailer laying in a bed and we have not seen that yet, so to me that means she will be there when it all hits the fan.

I could see her being a surprise witness at the trial just like in the books.

Just not sure if Vary's lied to Tyrion to get Shae on the boat or if Bronn lied about her being on the boat. Or neither and Tywin had people watching the boats and found out on his own.

Shae is shown in the season trailer laying in a bed and we have not seen that yet, so to me that means she will be there when it all hits the fan.

I could see her being a surprise witness at the trial just like in the books.

Just not sure if Vary's lied to Tyrion to get Shae on the boat or if Bronn lied about her being on the boat. Or neither and Tywin had people watching the boats and found out on his own.

I think Bronn was intercepted with overwhelming numbers and made to hand her over.

I think it makes sense that she winds up in Tywin's bed after the last interaction she has with Tyrion where he essentially says she's a whore and not "good enough" for him. Unlike in the book where she sleeps with Tywin out of greed, Show Shae does it out of revenge, to get back at Tyrion for denying that their relationship was anything more than just sexual. I wasn't a big fan of the last Tyrion/Shae scene myself but it does set up a situation in which Shae did/does love Tyrion but sleeps with Tywin for emotional rather than monetary reasons.

I think it makes sense that she winds up in Tywin's bed after the last interaction she has with Tyrion where he essentially says she's a whore and not "good enough" for him. Unlike in the book where she sleeps with Tywin out of greed, Show Shae does it out of revenge, to get back at Tyrion for denying that their relationship was anything more than just sexual. I wasn't a big fan of the last Tyrion/Shae scene myself but it does set up a situation in which Shae did/does love Tyrion but sleeps with Tywin for emotional rather than monetary reasons.

I agree to that. And I think, that Shae might have left the boat on her own account. Tyrion was pretty harsh to her - we know why, but she didn't really belief him, when he tried to get her to leave for her own safety and was emotionally crushed. That's a pretty good motive for revenge imo.

That was one of the worst pieces of crying I have ever seen. Boooo Shae. The worst acting on GoT goes to the actress in that scene.

Made me cringe on my seat

So the less we see of her, the better it is.

I was thinking she was just acting in the scene and wasn't truly crying. But I never liked Shae, neither in the books nor in the show. I think she'll be back to testify in the court against Tyrion and probably show up in Tywin's bed as well.

Given the strength of Shae and Tyrion's relationship on the television show up until this point, I would find it more plausible if the Lannisters killed her and Tyrion killed Tywin out of revenge. The possibility does exist that things will play out as they did in the book, but this would be an odd choice, in my opinion. I'm OK with the show making changes as long as they are consistant with those changes. The complete 180 that Tyrion would have to make to kill Shae would be very hard to pull off. They are a talented bunch of writers and directors, however, so if anyone can make it happen, they can.

Given the strength of Shae and Tyrion's relationship on the television show up until this point, I would find it more plausible if the Lannisters killed her and Tyrion killed Tywin out of revenge. The possibility does exist that things will play out as they did in the book, but this would be an odd choice, in my opinion. I'm OK with the show making changes as long as they are consistant with those changes. The complete 180 that Tyrion would have to make to kill Shae would be very hard to pull off. They are a talented bunch of writers and directors, however, so if anyone can make it happen, they can.

Well, seeing as Shae will likely testify against him, pretty much sentencing him to death, then be found in his father's bed wearing the expensive gold chain he bought her...Yeah I think that could set him off ;)

Archived