Return of Drogo

cabo

Just a theory I thought I'd run by some of you folks. Not sire if it's been discussed, so apologies if so.

When will Drogo return to Dany? "When the sun rises in the West and sets in the East...." yada yada.

It is my opinion that the requirments of MMD's prophecy have been fulfilled. Quentin died, Dothraki sea dried up, pyramids blowing like leaves, Dany's miscarriage/moons blood.

It is also my opinion that the TV show, which cannot put into detail all the subpolts and twists that readers get, have to be given some of that knowledge in some way. And that the show gives hints to what is to come. I think there's more than enough speculation without the show, but it has fueled my theory even more. Several other scenes have also strengthened some of the other theories I've read on this board as well. WOuld be happy to go over them als.

In season 2, the House of the Undying, Dany sees Drogo and Rhaego. Drogo says to Dany, "What if I told the Great Stallion to go eff himself" because he wasn't ready to goto the nightlands. Yes. I know Drogo's body is gone. But what if his spirit didn't go with the Great Stallion? With the conclusion of MMD's prophecy, what if his spirit lands somewhere, say maybe a dragon? During a ceremony which brought said dragon to life? Far fetched maybe, again, just looking for some fun discussion. But you can't spell Drogon without Drogo.

With MMD's prophecy, I tried to piece together what would fit into it, I just couldn't work out the 'mountain blowing in the wind' part. The pyramids make a lot of sense! At first I thought it might refer to Dany landing in Westeros the Eyrie. They kept out of all conflicts etc so maybe they will get wiped out in one foul swoop. The Eyrie being impregnable and all that, the only thing that might brng it down could be a dragon!

Just a theory I thought I'd run by some of you folks. Not sire if it's been discussed, so apologies if so.

But you can't spell Drogon without Drogo.

You owe apologies to no one. Theories are the lifeblood of Dance of Dragons Thread and people are entitled to have their opinions known without feeling attacked for not knowing the text. Feel free to act with impunity on this site as long as you are polite and respect others. You can be push the limits but not to far. Also try to cite the text whenever possible.

Just like you cant spell Viserion without a Viser. Just like her brother Viserys Targaryen. I think the dragon's have more to them than people think. Are they the literal definition of vessel's?

b : a person into whom some quality (as grace) is infused <a child of light, a true vessel of the Lord — H. J. Laski>

Will Rhaegar, Drogo and Viserys be drawn out the dragons and infused then with tortured souls of her husbands (Jorah,Victorian,Tyrion)?

I hope so...

I can see Drogo coming back in the form of his son Rhaego.

Dany just gets told he is dead but we never really have a first hand proof. I can see someone "stealing" the Stallion that mounts the world as he does not want to leave their potential long awaited leader with Dany which is not respected by most of the khalasar at this point. Maybe Mago ended up with the child (I sort of remember GRRM stating he would be important, but the show runners killed him of anyway) and now that the prophecy is fulfilled Dany will be reunited with him.

Edit: I think my main reason to believe this is that I have the problem with the "bear a living child" part, because a miscarriage sort of doesn't feel like a "living child" to me, therefore I'm sort of reading the "bear" in a way of "being able to accept" rather than "giving birth to".

When will Drogo return to Dany? "When the sun rises in the West and sets in the East...." yada yada.

It is my opinion that the requirments of MMD's prophecy have been fulfilled. Quentin died, Dothraki sea dried up, pyramids blowing like leaves, Dany's miscarriage/moons blood.

It is also my opinion that the TV show, which cannot put into detail all the subpolts and twists that readers get, have to be given some of that knowledge in some way. And that the show gives hints to what is to come. I think there's more than enough speculation without the show, but it has fueled my theory even more. Several other scenes have also strengthened some of the other theories I've read on this board as well. WOuld be happy to go over them als.

In season 2, the House of the Undying, Dany sees Drogo and Rhaego. Drogo says to Dany, "What if I told the Great Stallion to go eff himself" because he wasn't ready to goto the nightlands. Yes. I know Drogo's body is gone. But what if his spirit didn't go with the Great Stallion? With the conclusion of MMD's prophecy, what if his spirit lands somewhere, say maybe a dragon? During a ceremony which brought said dragon to life? Far fetched maybe, again, just looking for some fun discussion. But you can't spell Drogon without Drogo.

Hi there Cabo,

welcome to the forum & don't worry if you have posted something others have already covered, I'm sure someone will let you know, & if it's well & truly old news I think the Mod's will lock a topic & point you in the direction of an existing thead with the info you want to hear so you can sleep...lol...

It's good to share your theories/thoughts & put it out there & see if something sprouts, from a fellow newbie who's still on a learning curve here it is a MASSIVE site with lots of info & I haven't mastered the search thing very well myself. From a personal perspective I think Dany's child Rhaego is alive & hidden somewhere as tSwMtW. Other posters believe that Drogon the black dragon has Drogo's soul through the bloodmagic performed in his cremation.

I don't think she will die. Just because she is asking when Drogo will be "as he was" and not when she sees him again. And she also defines in the same sentence basically what she defines as "his life", which are the bloodriders, her and her son. So I sort of see Drogo "returning" when Dany is united again with their child and their blooriders and she turns back into the Khaleesi Drogo knew her as and stops being some conquerer of slave cities.

pyramids blowing like leaves

Are the pyramids blowing like leaves?

They all seem to be still standing in Astapor, Yunkai and Meereen.

The walls and buildings are blowing away like dust, but no more than usual.

Or do you mean that the cities are metaphorically pyramids which are metaphotically mountains? If that's the case, Meereen and Yunkai are still in a good shape (for now).

Archived