Will House Baratheon survive?

Mr. Kraken

Yet the only one he acknowledged is Edric, so he is the only one who matters.

The others could be legitimized by a king, but I'm not sure who would do that or to what purpose.

I have a very bad feeling about Shireen making it to the end of the series, unless she's the great hope against JonCon's Patient 0 situation.

Really now....Gendry is quickly exiled from KL by Stark to the North through the use of Yoren...Whether or Gendry has a clue (although by this point should have an inkling) of who is father is makes no difference Stark does as confirmed by his visit, his actions to remove Gendry from KL, his study of Pycelle's book of heredrity and in fact his memories (remember he was there at the Eyrie when Mya was baby)....

No, Martin heavily implied that not all the Great Houses will survive the series, and I think the Baratheons are the most likely to come to an end.

Since apparently no one except a selected few give a crap about the Baratheons and he talked about a bittersweet ending, I wouldn't count out the Starks either.

No one knows who are the rest of Robert's bastard? No one. The world knows only about Edric.

Ned knew about Mya Stone (a lot of good that does), but even Lyanna had heard about her so it's possible someone knows that. And (show spoilers)

Show!Gendry knows (given, he is a combo of Gendry and Edric), but it's possible that means Book!Gendry would find out. Isn't Tobho still alive and aware of Gendry's past?

You're right that proving any of them would be difficult, and there'd be a lot of false claims, but it's not impossible for others besides Edric to matter.

Since apparently no one except a selected few give a crap about the Baratheons and he talked about a bittersweet ending, I wouldn't count out the Starks either.

Aryn's unlikely to make it too, though again, not sure how much of the fanbase cares.

No, Martin has pretty much given away the fact that the Starks will return to power.

When people complained a few years ago that the good guys end up losing in his story, he countered by saying that the story isn't over yet.

Couple that with Jojen's foretelling, and the fact that pretty much the entire next generation of Starks has survived despite being thought dead, and that all of them are in various forms of "training montages", it is pretty obvious that their road to triumph will commence shortly.

The bittersweet part is that one or more of them might die along the way.

Exiled? Because as far as I remember he went to the Wall. From all he knew Jon simply died and Ned was a traitor. How and why he should ever believe that he was Robert's it doesn't make sense.

Ned knew about Mya Stone (a lot of good that does), but even Lyanna had heard about her so it's possible someone knows that. And (show spoilers)

Show!Gendry knows (given, he is a combo of Gendry and Edric), but it's possible that means Book!Gendry would find out. Isn't Tobho still alive and aware of Gendry's past?

You're right that proving any of them would be difficult, and there'd be a lot of false claims, but it's not impossible for others besides Edric to matter.

Well Lyanna didn't knew about her, she knew about women. But even if we assume that people know about Mya she in one person the rest have no luck to prove something.

Couple that with Jojen's foretelling, and the fact that pretty much the entire next generation of Starks has survived despite being thought dead, and that all of them are in various forms of "training montages", it is pretty obvious that their road to triumph will commence shortly.

OMG, you just made me hope that the show's season 5 will simply show the Stark kids doing their things with 80s workout music playing in the background :lmao:

But I'd also agree that the Starks are likely to survive.

Yeah, I am not picking on the Baretheons in particular. I think the Tyrells are also done for, quite honestly.

Their relatively unscathed status to date has set them up for massive losses once the centre of actions becomes the South. We are going to have Aegon's Golden Company converging on the South with Euron's Ironborn, Doran's Dornishmen and all clashing with Mace Tyrell's Reachmen.

And then the Greyscale epidemic is going to hit. And oh yes, that's before Dany comes down on the whole lot of them with her dragons and Eastern hordes.

And then, once THAT hot mess is done, leaving hundreds of thousands of corpses in its wake, it will be just in time for the Others to arrive and reanimate these corpses straight into their undead army.

The Reach is screwed, basically. And the Stormlands probably too.

No, Martin has pretty much given away the fact that the Starks will return to power.

When people complained a few years ago that the good guys end up losing in his story, he countered by saying that the story isn't over yet.

The bittersweet part is that one or more of them might die along the way.

Yeah great. Nothing against the Starks, but I personally wanted something less foreseeable. Still doesn't rule out that the actual house is gone I guess, only that the individual children survive and do their own thing. Bran will end up as a tree for all we know.

Yeah great. Nothing against the Starks, but I personally wanted something less foreseeable. Still doesn't rule out that the actual house is gone I guess, only that the individual children survive and do their own thing. Bran will end up as a tree for all we know.

Well, to join in your speculation: I think Bran will end up as the Stark that is Always in Winterfell for all eternity, when he moves to Winterfell and merges with the Hearttree in the Godswood.

Jon will become King of Westeros, but might well die at the end of the series, saving the world. Or else he might abdicate once the war is done and return to being the 1000th Lord commander of the Night's Watch.

Arya - who knows what happens to her. Many say she is earmarked for death. I hold out some slim hope that she might survive.

Sansa will be a great lady of the Realm, possible ruler of the Riverlands.

Rickon - will probably be lord of Winterfell once Jon moves on to accept the Iron Throne. Once Jon steps down and dissolves the Iron Throne at the end, Rickon will become King in the North.

Well, to join in your speculation: I think Bran will end up as the Stark that is Always in Winterfell for all eternity, when he moves to Winterfell and merges with the Hearttree in the Godswood.

Jon will become King of Westeros, but might well die at the end of the series, saving the world. Or else he might abdicate once the war is done and return to being the 1000th Lord commander of the Night's Watch.

Arya - who knows what happens to her. Many say she is earmarked for death. I hold out some slim hope that she might survive.

Sansa will be a great lady of the Realm, possible ruler of the Riverlands.

Rickon - will probably be lord of Winterfell once Jon moves on to accept the Iron Throne. Once Jon steps down and dissolves the Iron Throne at the end, Rickon will become King in the North.

I agree about Bran and Rickon so far.

I have a hunch that Rickon will be this wise old Stark ruler with a long beard and sit in Winterfell just as Conan at the end of that movie. If Westeros hasn't gone to shit and there are still houses left to begin with.

With 10,065 posts I would suppose you have an intimate knowledge of ACoK..please explain in Ayra II why with the interest that has been shown by two Hands and the Queen's men wanting to return him to KL, Gendry does not recognize there is something special about him unless he is in fact "dumb as a stump"....

With 10,065 posts I would suppose you have an intimate knowledge of ACoK..please explain in Ayra II why with the interest that has been shown by two Hands and the Queen's men wanting to return him to KL, Gendry does not recognize there is something special about him unless he is in fact "dumb as a stump"....

Simply he doesn't know for all he knew he could be Jon's. Is stupid to believe that someone can read minds and know why others do what they done or to claim that if someone does not magically know other people's motives is dump. Simple as that. You calim that Gendry should read people minds to know why the do what they die.

Also when it comes to me please keep your snide comments about my number of posts to yourself.

Archived