Any chances we see a fourth dragon?

There is a theory of a dragon fueling the hot springs of Winterfell.

I think though Dany's dragons will be the only dragons in the story and by the end they will all die.

Do you have a link please. I'm probably mad but I think Sansa might hatch one, probably only person of the forum who does but that's ok. would love to read more about Winterfell Dragon link please :read:

I hold out hope that the monstrous, coal black Cannibal - which survived the Dance of Dragons - flew off to Skagos, the symbolically named Isle of Cannibals, where it went to nest deep in a volcanic vent and went to sleep inside the mountain.

When it is woken, it will emerge from Stone (the name of Skagos in the Old Tongue) and give Jon a black dragon of Balerion size. A Dragon freshly woken from Stone.

this. would. be. awesome.

I hold out hope that the monstrous, coal black Cannibal - which survived the Dance of Dragons - flew off to Skagos, the symbolically named Isle of Cannibals, where it went to nest deep in a volcanic vent and went to sleep inside the mountain.

When it is woken, it will emerge from Stone (the name of Skagos in the Old Tongue) and give Jon a black dragon of Balerion size. A Dragon freshly woken from Stone.

That sounds amazing

One thing is certain...if there will be more dragons in the story they will have to be already in existence and somehow dormant. The story is too far along for new ones to be hatched and raised to any kind of effective size.

I like the Skagos theory but would expect some hints along the way from the story itself, and not from prequel material like TPATQ or a tangentially related children's story like the Ice Dragon.

Tyrion already heard a 4th dragon flying over the Rhoyne, so this means that there is no need for Azor Ahai to come again as he never went away, AA is the Shrouded Lord, and his is the song of damp and itching, (those damn Targ's screwed up the translation again).

I still beleive Summer-Bran saw a real Dragon flying over Winterfell. There is a limit to metaphors, you cant compare smoke to a roaring dragon.

ETA: here is the quote:

"The smoke and ash clouded his eyes, and in the sky he saw a great winged snake who's roar was a river of flame. He bared his teeth but then the snake was gone. Behind the cliffs tall fires were eating up the stars"

I still beleive Summer-Bran saw a real Dragon flying over Winterfell. There is a limit to metaphors, you cant compare smoke to a roaring dragon.

ETA: here is the quote:

Yeah, I didn't know what to think about this. I partially agree with you, however, I'm not sure how a dragon would be able to hide himself for so long without being noticed.

Yeah, I didn't know what to think about this. I partially agree with you, however, I'm not sure how a dragon would be able to hide himself for so long without being noticed.

If the destruction of WF freed it, it only had to hide itself for 1year and a half, in a North lacking of ruler to hear witnesses complaining about it, with very few POV for us readers up there in very big and not much populated kingdom.

If westeros is North-America, the North is the entire Canada :D

We gotta beleive!

• 1 month later...

Master Jack, I am open to the Winterfell Dragon idea but I personally think that most of the dragon references are to Jon. That said, it could have dual meaning, they are not necessarily mutually exclusive.

But I definitely disagree that you CANT compare it to smoke. I would not dismiss the image as a metaphor, this is by no means one of the more stretched metaphors in the book. if you had smoke in the shape of a dragon in the sky and Winterfell was still flaming, it would make perfect sense. It would look exactly like a smoking dragon roaring fire at the ruins of the castle. Roar is being used to convey a visual metaphor rather than a sound, that's all IMO. That is how I read it before coming on these forums and since looking it seems like people are fairly split.

That being said, I am open minded and would love it if it were a real one and you were right.

Archived