Vikings (Feast for Crows Spoilers)

Ranzadule

In relistening to the books, I realized this week that Martin set me up! He introduced Victarion Greyjoy as "The Reaver" and the story kicked ass at a time when all of Westeros was falling apart. I liked Victarion instantly. Then he brings home the Crow's Eye and I hated him like Republicans hate Democrats and Yankee fans hate Sox fans. This time around I realized that Victarion is not so great and I am glad the Crow's Eye wins. While Victarion has been in familiar waters, beating down fools and being all Viking-like, which is fine, Euron has been balling D&D Style, hit Name-Level and is claiming his Kingdom. I like Euron now.

I think that both Victarion and Euron are set up to play relatively important roles.

Euron seems like a guy with quite a vigor and dash... but there is a possibility that are all the awesome tales about his adventures may be somewhat inflated. He claims to have gone to Valyria, to have defeated and enslaved sorcerors, to have possesed a dragon egg and whatnot... but we have only his word for it - quite literally only his, since all his men are mutes. So I have my doubts, but my gut is telling me that he has something up his sleeve.

Actually, recently I thought about him and his idea to send Victarion to bring him Dany... and it struck me as an incredibly stupid idea. I mean, if I was Euron, I'd never trust Victarion with such an important mission - Euron must know that his brother hates his guts and, indeed, Victarion decides to betray him, what, 5 minutes later? So either the Crow's Eye is very gullible, or he has something up his sleeve.

As to Victarion, he really grew on me in ADWD. The guy is completely ruthless and a brute, but he oozes cool. The recent development, with the magic arm and all, really set him up for quite a role.

I think that both Victarion and Euron are set up to play relatively important roles.

Euron seems like a guy with quite a vigor and dash... but there is a possibility that are all the awesome tales about his adventures may be somewhat inflated. He claims to have gone to Valyria, to have defeated and enslaved sorcerors, to have possesed a dragon egg and whatnot... but we have only his word for it - quite literally only his, since all his men are mutes. So I have my doubts, but my gut is telling me that he has something up his sleeve.

Actually, recently I thought about him and his idea to send Victarion to bring him Dany... and it struck me as an incredibly stupid idea. I mean, if I was Euron, I'd never trust Victarion with such an important mission - Euron must know that his brother hates his guts and, indeed, Victarion decides to betray him, what, 5 minutes later? So either the Crow's Eye is very gullible, or he has something up his sleeve.

As to Victarion, he really grew on me in ADWD. The guy is completely ruthless and a brute, but he oozes cool. The recent development, with the magic arm and all, really set him up for quite a role.

The only thing your post informed me of is my misspelling of sleeve (knew it was wrong...). I agree with you 100%.

Victarion is kind of hard to hate - he is pretty dumb but definitely honest and a unique POV. Now that he has (as I picture it) a Hellboy type arm, he is even more interesting. I still think he's definitely being played here by his brother - we're talking a Ned/LF type of relationship. Once Vic thinks he is making a move Euron won't anticipate, he is truly lost. You really think Euron sends him that far away to fetch a bride to bring back? And Euron doesnt realize Vic might just try and take her for himself? I don't know his game plan, but i don't see Vic being ahead of him here.

Victarion is kind of hard to hate - he is pretty dumb but definitely honest and a unique POV. Now that he has (as I picture it) a Hellboy type arm, he is even more interesting. I still think he's definitely being played here by his brother - we're talking a Ned/LF type of relationship. Once Vic thinks he is making a move Euron won't anticipate, he is truly lost. You really think Euron sends him that far away to fetch a bride to bring back? And Euron doesnt realize Vic might just try and take her for himself? I don't know his game plan, but i don't see Vic being ahead of him here.

His priest sees him as critical, i think he protects dany from euron

I think when he makes his move agaisnt euron hel be of course outsmarted and humilated somehow, hel also come home to an ironislands full of death as euron purges the dampheir uprising.

Hel meet with ashsa (whol escape stannis somehow but will be bitter having had to watch her brother andm maybe some friends die)

They will spring a coup and in some epic GRMM foreshadowing vic will throw euron out a window with his freak arm

''well brother........ now u have ur awnser ... can u fly? ''

Its when u reread the ironborn chapters do u realise how many badasses they actualy have

vic: big but simple armour clad killing machine now with smoking kung fu death grip

andrik the unsmiling: the best of the ironborn , said to be a giant of a man with huge arms. I picture this dude as being a lil bigger than the hound but not quite as big as the mountain. The cool thing is as a captain of house drumm he could be given one of the ironborns 2 valyrian swords !!

harras harlaw: valyrian blade + greysheild battle : nuff said

I think Euron will launch a risky but brilliant attack on Oldtown, but fails do to info he was ignorant of, Aegon coming.

As for Victarion, I think he will use the horn to mount Rhaegal, and rule Meereen for a while as the head until Dany comes back. However, after killing Hizdhar, Daario, and likely Barristan and Jorah who tried to stop him, Dany will have Drogon kill Victarion.

So many problems would be avoided or reduced if people did not feel the need to be dicks. This is true irl, in Westeros and beyond. Euron could have a much better relationship with Victarion and a much better chance at his goals if he was a bit nicer.

Archived